Pro 2's mod wheel stopped working

Pro 2's mod wheel stopped working
« on: April 16, 2017, 06:20:52 PM »
With no apparent physical damage or other obvious cause, my beloved Pro 2's mod wheel has become useless.  No effect on performance, no MIDI messages sent (I checked in Max, where one can monitor all MIDI activity). 

This is a model purchased in October of last year (new open-box) which has led a peaceful life in my apartment.  I updated the firmware to 1.3.0 but that did not help.  Any suggestions much appreciated.

Re: Pro 2's mod wheel stopped working
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
Hmm, are the pitch wheel / strips impacted?  Is there power reaching the wheel LEDs?

I recently had mine open for maintenance and only remember seeing a single 3 pin connector for the mod wheel panel. Might be worth checking the connection if you're seeing a complete outage.

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 09:49:40 PM »
The pitch wheel and touch sliders all work perfectly (including MIDI-send).  The lighting on the mod wheel is still spiffy and identical to the pitch wheel's.

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 10:28:45 AM »
Try the wheel calibration routine found in the Global menu. If that doesn't fix the issue, please contact our dedicated support channel and we'll get it sorted out for you: support (at) davesmithinstruments.com
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 05:46:45 AM »
Thanks.  Tried wheel calibration without effect, am contacting support now as suggested.