Sequencer midi-out track effecting note stealing?

Sequencer midi-out track effecting note stealing?
« on: April 15, 2017, 05:17:14 AM »
Hi folks.   I've been delving deeper into the Tempest, preparing for some performance with it, and I have to say it is such a BEAST!

However, I'm running into a problem when I use a track to send sequenced midi info out.   When that track is engaged, it causes intermittent note stealing; random thumps.   Super unpleasant.   But it's not note stealing per se, because it can happen even when I have only one other sound track engaged.    To further make this complicated, the sequencer/midi out only track appears to only cause this behavior towards other bass or kick oriented sounds.  Curious.

Any way to get rid of this behavior?   Cheers!

idm

Re: Sequencer midi-out track effecting note stealing?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 07:14:15 AM »
Simply turn down de the volume of that pad to 0 in the mixer section as well as the amp envelope amount :)

Not sure why it happens when you only have one other sound playing. Could have to do with decay/release times.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 07:17:23 AM by idm »

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 09:20:35 AM »
Thanks, @idm. 

I previously wasn't getting any data off the sequencer track, because I had the volume set at zero (which I guess effectively mutes or turns the track off), so I was wary of your suggestion.  However, what I discovered is that if you turn the volume of the track down it does negate the voice stealing thump, but will still pass the data, as long as the volume is at least 1 or more.

So it appears that turning the volume to 1 has solved my problem.  Thanks!

idm

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 09:35:07 AM »
Thanks, @idm. 

I previously wasn't getting any data off the sequencer track, because I had the volume set at zero (which I guess effectively mutes or turns the track off), so I was wary of your suggestion.  However, what I discovered is that if you turn the volume of the track down it does negate the voice stealing thump, but will still pass the data, as long as the volume is at least 1 or more.

So it appears that turning the volume to 1 has solved my problem.  Thanks!

Ah! Good to know :). Cheers!