Pan Spread in chord memory mode

Pan Spread in chord memory mode
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:26:26 PM »
I have a small issue with the Pan Spread in Chord Memory mode (Unison CHD) where the pan spread is almost inexistent, even though it was very noticeable when holding a chord before memorizing it (by pressing Unison button).

Is anyone having the same behavior on their OB6 ?

To hear what I mean, press "manual" and "write" to get a basic patch, then move "Pan Spread" knob to maximum, and play and hold down a chord and press the "Unison" button to memorize that chord. Then play a single note (you should hear the memorized chord playing back) but notice if the pan spread is still as evident as when you were holding that chord before memorizing it.

On my OB6 the sound comes back to mono, with very little or no apparent panning spread. Better use headphones.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:28:15 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

Re: Pan Spread in chord memory mode
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2017, 05:55:24 AM »
I have a small issue with the Pan Spread in Chord Memory mode (Unison CHD) where the pan spread is almost inexistent, even though it was very noticeable when holding a chord before memorizing it (by pressing Unison button).

Is anyone having the same behavior on their OB6 ?

To hear what I mean, press "manual" and "write" to get a basic patch, then move "Pan Spread" knob to maximum, and play and hold down a chord and press the "Unison" button to memorize that chord. Then play a single note (you should hear the memorized chord playing back) but notice if the pan spread is still as evident as when you were holding that chord before memorizing it.

On my OB6 the sound comes back to mono, with very little or no apparent panning spread. Better use headphones.

That sounds as if all (three?) notes are set to the pan value of the chord root.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

Re: Pan Spread in chord memory mode
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 12:40:50 PM »
That could be it. But I was expecting all the voices to keep their panning position in the spread, even in chord memory mode ?
My DeepMind 12 sure does.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 12:43:16 PM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340