OB-6 Module Button Beds

OB-6 Module Button Beds
« on: April 06, 2017, 11:05:48 AM »
Does every OB-6 module make noises when its moved side to side or flipped upside down? As in, nothing sounds like its loose inside the unit, but there is still a slight noise when i move the unit or turn it. I was told by the dealer i bought it from that this is just the way the button beds are made, but i thought id check here and see if anyone else can hear them move slightly when the unit is turned. This is my first Dave Smith Instrument, so maybe that is just how they are.

Thanks in advance.

Re: OB-6 Module Button Beds
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:45:37 PM »
I can confirm that on my brand new OB6 Module, flipping it upside down I can hear a faint clicking sound that seems to be coming from the plastic buttons indeed. Nothing to worry about.

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 07:09:46 AM »
I can confirm that on my brand new OB6 Module, flipping it upside down I can hear a faint clicking sound that seems to be coming from the plastic buttons indeed. Nothing to worry about.

Appreciate it! Thank you.

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2017, 09:26:17 AM »
You're welcome. Have fun !
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340