Vintage/Classic soundsets for the Prophet 6 and OB6

Vintage/Classic soundsets for the Prophet 6 and OB6
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:00:39 AM »
Hi guys. My Vintage/Classic soundsets for the Prophet 6 and OB6 are now available to buy.
Follow the link in the info section of this video. Any questions please feel free to ask. Thanks :)

Re: Vintage/Classic soundsets for the Prophet 6 and OB6
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 03:17:03 AM »
Nice and well balanced sounds. Thank you Luke!  :)

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 09:16:43 AM »
I purchased this preset file as well and am very happy with it. Unlike most of you, I probably am less of a sound designer. I have a Minimoog for leads/bass, and a polyphonic P6 for strings/brass/pads. Often I write music using quick virtual VST presets that I have handy, then use my "real" instruments to overwrite things later. (Especially getting lost in preset-less Minimoog sound design can often kill the musical idea that popped in our mind).

So these presets are all usable, and not your typical "over the top" synth factory presets. If I were DSI, I would just fill bank 100-199 with these, and use only 0 to 99 to show off what the synth can do, but which will never be used in a real song.

The sound bank is particularly strong on 1980s type brass sounds, but there are good leads, bass, and arps too. Many of them are clearly inspired by songs, just trying out the presets immediately gets you playing familiar songs.

All these presets have a quality finish. Useful effects, useful modulation wheel response, useful aftertouch response. Re. effects, I often switch off the P6 effects and route things through my Eventide H9 (H910/H940 harmonizer is great).

Downsides? Not many. Yes, many presets are similar, and like DSI, sound types are scattered across the 100 slots and not grouped together based on characteristics.

All in all, I found this a very good investment that helps me to inspire song writing. Well done!

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 03:38:16 AM »
Quick recommend to other users, very much enjoying using and tweaking these patches

Pete