Pro 2 BETA OS 1.2.3.4 - Discussion

mosen

Pro 2 BETA OS 1.2.3.4 - Discussion
« on: April 02, 2017, 04:25:52 AM »
Thanks for the Update!

General suggestion:
- When activating the Seq. for the first time in a patch, make it start without any note information. Currently you have to delete all steps on all 1-4 note tracks to start blank, which is a worklflow killer (Mono/Paraphonic Seq. mode)

Please  8)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:09:24 AM by mosen »

cbmd

• Sequential
Re: Pro 2 BETA OS 1.2.3.4 - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:40:44 AM »
Thanks for the Update!

General suggestion:
- When activating the Seq. for the first time in a patch, make it start without any note information. Currently you have to delete all steps on all 1-4 note tracks to start blank, which is a worklflow killer (Mono/Paraphonic Seq. mode)

Please  8)

A quick way around this is to enter step record mode and enter one note.  The note will be written to track 1, tracks 2-4 will update to rests.
Product Designer
Sequential | Oberheim

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 12:03:36 PM »
Would it be possible in paraphonic sequence recording to have an option to not change the root note and instead trigger the current track osc 1-4?

For example I create track 1 then I build up notes on track 2 while the sequence is playing.  I like to do this by holding the step buttons and pressing the keyboard key (instead of selecting the note with the knob).  I forget that pressing the keyboard without the step button held changes the root note so I mess myself up thinking I can audition the note.

mosen

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »
Thanks for the Update!

General suggestion:

Please  8)

A quick way around this is to enter step record mode and enter one note.  The note will be written to track 1, tracks 2-4 will update to rests.

thx for the Tip.

quite a (little) workaround, yes.
but a real blank state on all 4 lanes (at least in Paramode) would make much more sense... Which user would start from the 16th triggerin notes?! I guess, everyone is stopping the annoying seq first and delete the steps as first interaction when creating sequences..

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 08:19:53 AM »
I find setting feedback amount to exactly zero quite difficult, or at least very slow to achieve. Since it's a bi-polar control, a center dead zone would really help.

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 08:24:07 AM »
I find setting feedback amount to exactly zero quite difficult, or at least very slow to achieve. Since it's a bi-polar control, a center dead zone would really help.

It's actually very easy if you use the soft knob (the one above the OLED display) as those are precise.

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 09:35:49 AM »

It's actually very easy if you use the soft knob (the one above the OLED display) as those are precise.

I guess so. But if there's a dedicated knob, you'd think it would work more effectively than a generic one, or at least be as effective.
I'm old, I like my hands to find their way to controls without looking at a screen wherever possible. Didn't think it'd hurt to ask anyway.

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 11:46:22 AM »

I guess so. But if there's a dedicated knob, you'd think it would work more effectively than a generic one, or at least be as effective.
I'm old, I like my hands to find their way to controls without looking at a screen wherever possible. Didn't think it'd hurt to ask anyway.

I feel you, and agree. I run into the same issue, and was bummed. But at least there's a solution a couple of inches away :)

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 11:48:20 AM »
As we have officially released OS 1.3, I am locking this topic. Please discuss anything related to the official OS in a new topic. Thanks!
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM