Unwanted Tremolo On Basic Program (?)

ARNK

• Audio wishes from planet Mars / MEME DespiZer
    • Returning to Zero
Unwanted Tremolo On Basic Program (?)
« on: April 01, 2017, 04:45:09 PM »
I'm not sure if this just started or I wasn't hearing it before with my old monitors. When I play a key on the Basic Program, all of sudden I hear a tremolo effect with just one oscillator and a sawtooth waveform. It gets more pronounced as I move up the scale. Could you listen to it to see if you hear what I'm hearing? Or maybe confirm this is what you hear... thanks in advance.

https://goo.gl/Uxylrl (Soundcloud link)
The greater the humiliation, the greater the rate of evaporation of that feeling and all subsequent dispositions. Make a comfortable world not a hot one.

Re: Unwanted Tremolo On Basic Program (?)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 09:32:46 PM »
Check your Mod Wheel position. If that's not it, calibrate the wheels from the Global menu.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:58:18 AM »
I had the exact same issue. Turns out I had my Mod Wheel all the way up.

MDMA

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 11:39:12 PM »
I have found that every now and then, when creating a "basic patch" from the global menu, the patch has slight modulation on it. I either have to reset the mod wheel or create the patch again. I have calibrated the wheel a few times but it still happens every so often.
No issue really, just confused me at first.
DSI Rev2, Moog sub 37, Roland JDXA, DSI Pro 2, Novation Ultranova, Access Virus TI, Roland Juno 106, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Korg KingKorg

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:34:59 AM »
It can't hurt to use MIDI monitoring software to see if your mod wheel is returning to 0 when when it is all the way down. I've seen it before where a user would push down really hard on the wheels when calibrating them, so that the when placed gently in the down position, it wasn't actually giving a zero value.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2017, 10:45:17 AM »
I've had this issue on my basic program as well, resetting global parameters in the global menu fixes it for me. I've suspected it gets turned on by random MIDI messaging from my other hardware. Turned off MIDI IN for my Pro 2 and haven't had it happen since.