Independent voice channel dropout

maNŒuvre

• That which cannot be put into words...
    • Music
Independent voice channel dropout
« on: March 28, 2017, 06:15:39 PM »
Well, I've been happy with my stereo outputs. But I got round to routing my kick into a mono cable, via a separate output,  and into my mixer. Also running alongside my Squarp sequencer. The weird thing is, that on every output I tried, after a few minutes the output just died. Fixed simply by assigning a new output, only for the same thing to happen again. Has anyone any idea why or how this might happen. I checked my cables and I don't believe that's the cause of the problem, even though it's not a TRS. Hmmm?  ???
'Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.' Victor Hugo

RobH

Re: Independent voice channel dropout
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 02:26:14 AM »
Well, I've been happy with my stereo outputs. But I got round to routing my kick into a mono cable, via a separate output,  and into my mixer. Also running alongside my Squarp sequencer. The weird thing is, that on every output I tried, after a few minutes the output just died. Fixed simply by assigning a new output, only for the same thing to happen again. Has anyone any idea why or how this might happen. I checked my cables and I don't believe that's the cause of the problem, even though it's not a TRS. Hmmm?  ???

The voice outs are stereo outputs, a balanced/mono cable will not work, you need to get a stereo cable that splits to 2 monos. I never bought the cable so i cant remember if u  need to pan it or not, but yeah i you need the other cable basically.

Re: Independent voice channel dropout
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 03:02:45 AM »
Please go to the FAQ questions thread and read how voices work and what cables you need:
http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,78.0.html

Cheers!