Brand new P'08 problem with pots

Brand new P'08 problem with pots
« on: March 26, 2017, 11:41:40 PM »
Hi,

I recently acquired a new P'08 desktop PE edition and am having some problems with the pots: sometimes the pot will be all the way right to its max position but will have an actual value that's less than the max. At that point I have no way to go further right and have to go back left and then right faster to reach the actual maximum value, almost as if it were an encoder...So I'm a little puzzled. Did that happen to others? Am I missing something?

You can see an example with the attached photo: the resonance pot is all the way to the right, but the actual value is stuck at 96.

Thanks a lot :)

Re: Brand new P'08 problem with pots
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 01:19:20 AM »
Moinmoin,

RTFM, page 10 and 11 of P'08 manual

Martin

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 09:54:53 AM »
Hi,

I recently acquired a new P'08 desktop PE edition and am having some problems with the pots: sometimes the pot will be all the way right to its max position but will have an actual value that's less than the max. At that point I have no way to go further right and have to go back left and then right faster to reach the actual maximum value, almost as if it were an encoder...So I'm a little puzzled. Did that happen to others? Am I missing something?

You can see an example with the attached photo: the resonance pot is all the way to the right, but the actual value is stuck at 96.

Thanks a lot :)

Couleurs -

Welcome to the forum.  Go to page 11 in Global and set the Pot Mode to "Jump."  That should take care of the issue.  The Prophet '08 has several options for parameter behavior, but most of us prefer this "jump" mode.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 09:59:04 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 10:45:29 PM »
Awesome that's exactly it! Thanks a lot :)

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »
We've got lots of problem with pot here in Colorado.  You can get it anywhere.  Eat it, smoke it, vape it...  Oh, the pot on the prophet?  Er, eh, wrong pot.  Nevermind... ;D
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.