Trouble locating some preset sounds

Trouble locating some preset sounds
« on: March 25, 2017, 07:48:59 PM »
I am having trouble locating certain preset sounds. For instance, on the factory preset "Roger's Beats," Beat 1, sound A1 is "RL Shaker." I cannot locate "RL Shaker" anywhere. So if I change the sound, I can't re-select "RL Shaker" (obviously I can hit revert sound.) Basically, if I start a new beat, I can't select RL Shaker because it's not in any folder.

What am I not understanding?

Thank you for any help.

Chris

RobH

Re: Trouble locating some preset sounds
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 08:24:39 PM »
A beat saves all the information contained within that beat, it's individual parts don't need to be saved in order to save the beat (and any contents within the beat like a "sound").

For instance Rodger takes a1 and adds sample called "shaker1" and then he also adds a oscillator1 square wave both on A1.

Both play on A1 he can then rename the sound "rogers shaker" and save the sound within the beat itself (never saving the individual sound).

The easiest thing for you to do is save the individual sound yourself then you will be able to bring it up in any other beat with ease.

I hope I explained that ok?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:33:29 PM by RobH »

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 03:36:13 PM »

It does, thank you. It will drive me nuts, but it helps!

RobH

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 04:21:38 PM »

It does, thank you. It will drive me nuts, but it helps!

Well the other way you can do this is to load rogers beat (or make your own beats with sounds you like, say a beat full of kicks, or leads, whatever) then use a beat slot in a project for the sole purpose of pulling sounds from, this way you dont have to save the indivudual sounds because you can copy them from one beat to another without saving them. eventually when u have all ur sounds finalised just get rid of the beat you used for soundbank duties.

RobH

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 04:27:58 PM »
I'm just going to check you know how to go through the raw samples, i would guess you do, but just going to check?

By the way, i dont have Rogers beat in my Tempest and would love to hear what roger does with a Tempest lol just for the love of Linn and its drums over the years, is there a project this is in or is it just a beat in your beat folders (my beat folders came empty i think) and i cant find it on any of the zip files in the sound design thread!?

Can anyone drop me a link to it?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 04:37:26 PM by RobH »

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 11:43:48 PM »
It's in The original Tempest sound set for OS versions 1.0 – 1.3 here:
http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/tempest-factory-sounds/

RobH

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 11:17:45 AM »
Thanks!