Copy layer A to B. Problem with midi

Copy layer A to B. Problem with midi
« on: March 22, 2017, 03:03:14 PM »
Is there any reason why copying A to B can't be accomplished while the midi cables are plugged in? I do the copy process but when changing the destination to B, the write button stops flashing and the operation cannot be completed. All work perfectly when midi cables are pulled. Using the latest Logic X if that helps.

Re: Copy layer A to B. Problem with midi
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 01:33:29 AM »
Moinmoin,

it is not about the cables, or the MIDI connection as such:
I have MIDI-cables connected (IN, OUT, and THROUGH) in order to sync the P'08 sequencer and modulation (IN) and other equipment (THROUGH) and control a 19"-module (OUT) in my normal setup. I never experienced Your or any other problem with any control tweaked at the P'08. I copy patches - or only one bank of a single patch - a lot, because I often need, use, find, and save new sounds during rehearsals. But I do not really know, if I ever did that while the MIDI sync was in progress, although it might have happened, I just did't care until now.

Maybe Your Logic does something in the background?

Martin

Re: Copy layer A to B. Problem with midi
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:31:05 AM »
Moinmoin,

it is not about the cables, or the MIDI connection as such:
I have MIDI-cables connected (IN, OUT, and THROUGH) in order to sync the P'08 sequencer and modulation (IN) and other equipment (THROUGH) and control a 19"-module (OUT) in my normal setup. I never experienced Your or any other problem with any control tweaked at the P'08. I copy patches - or only one bank of a single patch - a lot, because I often need, use, find, and save new sounds during rehearsals. But I do not really know, if I ever did that while the MIDI sync was in progress, although it might have happened, I just did't care until now.

Maybe Your Logic does something in the background?

Martin

Cheers Martin. It used to work with the midi cables left in. I know that for a fact as I used to use the copy A or B thing quite a lot while programming and recording with the midi cables firmly left in place.
I do have a new iMac. I need to go through the Logic midi settings I think.