Your Music

Re: Your Music
« Reply #100 on: August 20, 2016, 12:16:56 PM »
Thought I might break out a new (shorter) edit from my 'Pilgrimmage' featuring untreated pure Prophet 12 recorded in two ancient churches

https://soundcloud.com/andy-15-3/beuno-mary-goes-canterbury

« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2016, 05:26:21 AM »
The Prophet 6 is turning out to be one of the most useful synths I've ever picked up, most of the time I end up reaching for it first whenever I want to make a new sound :)

Here's a short background song I made with the Prophet 6 recently for this Lego stop-motion video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXlMw9MjbZo

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2016, 05:43:34 AM »
Moinmoin,

Bob (the Dog) kindly asked
Nice band, have you played together long?
The band is run by Peter (b), who has been professional musician for his "whole life", which means something, as he is 62 years old. During his carreer he played with some very interesting and high rated musicians from jazz and rock to pop music (and You should really hear him bow a double bass...).
With Reno (guit), Markus (tb), and some other musicians he forms "Final Virus", a band in between jazz and metal for some 20 years. Max (dr) has replaced formerly often changing Final Virus drummers for the last few years. Yours sincerely plays with them for less than 3 years, Yavuz (tp) once played one occasion 3 years ago and was kind of reactivated for the concert. For Missi (voc), this was the very first concert with the band or any of its musicians ever. She was recommended to us by the organizator of the festival and had less than 6 weeks more or less occasional rehearsal with us before walking onstage together.

The video was recorded August 2015, and as the experience was good, we since have added Patros (ts) and form a regular band of 8 muscians. Nevertheless we also recorded a double Vinyl LP with b, dr, guit, tb, kb only and occasionally smaller sections of the entire group performed life.

And: Thank You, Bob, for Your interest and kind words!

Martin

« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2016, 06:54:57 PM »
I just noticed that this thread existed so you'll have to apologize if you notice that I posted a similar link on the P12 page.

A friend of mine and I recently started an improv electronic project that features him on modular synthesizer and myself playing a Prophet 12 and manipulating some of the layers of music in Ableton Live. The concept for the project is that we have identified several musical elements that we each share responsibility for, but some of which are only allowed to be played by one person at a time. Our strategy is to manage these elements visually by trading cards back and forth that list which element of the music is available to be played by either of us. So for example, there may exist a couple of cards with "rhythmic bed" available, but only one card with "lead voice" on the table.

We may eventually move away from this approach, but for the time being it's a fun experiment. Have a listen for yourself if you're into slightly dissonant ambient electronic music (or maybe even if you're not :) ). Everything that you hear on this recording was improvised live to tape.

Have a listen here: https://earthquakevoyage.bandcamp.com/

Feel free to share any feedback you may think of.

Thanks!

Adam
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 07:04:04 PM by AdamPloof »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2016, 05:12:31 PM »

« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2016, 05:43:05 PM »
An odd one for posting in synth forums in a way, only as it's much more of a 60's/70's pop (with psych-proggy? touches) type ting... Many things people post here are purely electronic, but this has an old Ludwig kit, an acoustic guitar and flute on display. That said, there's also huge globs of Prophet 5, Micromoog, Pro One, Juno 6, MS-10 and MS-20, Wurly 200 and my new and much beloved Prophet 6. I've basically had myself to stop adding more synths atop the main riff. Hope you enjoy... https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/its-the-coffee-that-makes-the-man-go-mad-rough-mix

« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2016, 08:55:39 PM »
...I've basically had myself to stop adding more synths atop the main riff. Hope you enjoy... https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/its-the-coffee-that-makes-the-man-go-mad-rough-mix

Fun tune -- it didn't feel too crowded with synths to me. Quite balanced really.

-AP

« Reply #107 on: September 06, 2016, 01:58:44 AM »

[/quote]

Fun tune -- it didn't feel too crowded with synths to me. Quite balanced really.

-AP
[/quote]

Cheers Adam...

I suppose I started with the thickest synth, the P5, and each synth added after was a little bit thinner in texture. The Prophet 6 was a recent addition, and it's doing a very light bell part on the final choruses. Honestly, I'd thought to get a trumpet player involved to do that part, but that's a whole other direction for a song that's really begging to be mixed and moved on from!

« Reply #108 on: September 06, 2016, 10:47:40 AM »
Adam,

Let us know when the album releases.  Will you be doing synth stuff on the other songs?
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2016, 11:04:03 AM »
A long dreamy piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaW-lGTz5Y8

ooh,  that section between 4:00 and 4:30 is really special.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2016, 11:30:31 AM »
Thanks, Soundquest.

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2016, 10:05:20 PM »
A long dreamy piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaW-lGTz5Y8

Super glad I checked in on this thread! I didn't catch this one on my YouTube feed.

Still listening to it, but it is absolutely beautiful so far. I'm really enjoying the super high lead line on this-- it manages to stand out perfectly, but in an inoffensive way.

Please forgive me if I've said this before, but it sounds like you have an approach similar to Vangelis. Have you ever looked into his setup with his volume pedals and split keyboards and all that? I know he uses a lot of that to trigger & fade in arps and things of that nature (which IIRC you aren't the biggest fan of), but he also uses that kind of stuff for layering various sounds or octaves. It sounds like you do some of that in your improvisations-- I'd love to love to read about your particular set up and how you implement various controllers-- foot pedals, expression pedals, sustain pedals, volume pedals and keyboards as controllers for other synths.

I don't think I've ever wanted a proper polysynth more than while listening to this piece!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2016, 10:38:08 PM »
Thanks, Steven.  Actually, I don't listen to anything other than classical music.  I've never been a Vangelis fan and have heard only what has been played on the radio over the years.  I have watched a few videos of him, but his approach is very different from mine.  I've never thought of our styles or methods as being that similar.

As for my set up, it's laughably simple, with only two volume pedals and a couple of effects devices.  It's probably 95% musical instruments, and that's just the way I like it.  I'll try to post in the near future some new pictures of my music room.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 10:48:15 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Steven Morris

« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2016, 11:48:18 PM »
Thanks, Steven.  Actually, I don't listen to anything other than classical music.  I've never been a Vangelis fan and have heard only what has been played on the radio over the years.  I have watched a few videos of him, but his approach is very different from mine.  I've never thought of our styles or methods as being that similar.

As for my set up, it's laughably simple, with only two volume pedals and a couple of effects devices.  It's probably 95% musical instruments, and that's just the way I like it.  I'll try to post in the near future some new pictures of my music room.

Thank you for the quick response! It's a testament to your musicianship that you're able to do all that with so little. I thought you were perhaps using a volume pedal per synth (which could work as an alternative to having to slide faders on a mixer). I'm interested in how you are using your volume pedals. Also, are you not using any sustain pedals??

« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2016, 01:54:02 AM »
Hi gang - Here's an older tune of mine called MTV Song (guess which century it was written in!). Originally a two guitars/bass/drums rocker, it's been re-wired and loaded with synths. Pro One bass, plus bit of squirmy sync tone from the P1 in the chorus. Juno 6 doing the chords on the chorus, Prophet 6 doing another sync part and probably other scraps as well. My notes say Micromoog and MS-20, but I couldn't swear to who's doing what - blurry mess!! My old Danelectro in there as well. Oh, and TR-707 drums... Hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/mtv-song-antonique-mix

Steven Morris

« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2016, 01:24:31 PM »
I recorded an original arrangement of the Theme of Love from Final Fantasy IV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgcp_lj7H-4

It's mostly Eurorack, although there is also quite a bit of MoPho on the track :)

chysn

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2016, 04:37:24 AM »
Nice work!
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2016, 03:01:32 PM »

Steven Morris

« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2016, 04:38:03 PM »
Nice work!

Thank you! I really really really wanted to use the DSM Feedback module for the 'guitar' part, but it didn't quite come out in time. Ironically that module was released on the exact day that I made this arrangement public on YouTube :P. I think something like an optomix would have worked well for it as well. I almost bought one for it but ultimately ran out of time.

chysn

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2016, 05:21:38 PM »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his