Your Music

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Your Music
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2016, 04:32:08 PM »
"Beat My Birds".

There will be feathers all over the place! . o O ( beaten up birdies )

No bird violence will be tolerated.  If anyone harms as much as one fowl feather, we'll send the PETA police after you. 

dslsynth

« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2016, 05:07:50 PM »
No bird violence will be tolerated.  If anyone harms as much as one fowl feather, we'll send the PETA police after you.

Better keep the eagles out of the equation then!

But yeah I have had the synth protection agency after me a few times.

. o O ( :o )
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »

chysn

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2016, 02:24:14 AM »
Nothing spectacular, but....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUVyYbwqNe8

Way to sell it! It was a very nice start to the morning.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2016, 10:16:24 AM »
Thanks, Chysn.  Yes, quite the self-promotional, I know.  Well, I had rearranged my set up in such a way that I wasn't able to record for a few weeks, until I had gotten a cable.  Once the cable arrived, I was impatient to post something new.  So, it was a quick and minor production.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 11:43:14 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2016, 02:20:10 PM »
All Pro 2, except for the Simmons electric drums.   

https://soundcloud.com/wavescape-1/seismic-slop

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2016, 02:22:22 PM »
Very pretty, and then interesting, Soundquest.  I thought you had sold or returned your Pro 2?

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 01:26:21 PM »
Very pretty, and then interesting, Soundquest.  I thought you had sold or returned your Pro 2?

Thanks Sacred Synthesis.   No,  after I first got the Pro 2 it I had a keyboard issue where a few of the keys were bad.  After a few e-mail conversations with DSI , they sent me a new keybed.   The Pro 2 I really like and I think it's laid out  well.    I have two favorite things about it:

1) I find that the Pro sequencer draws me in whenever I turn the unit on.  That is a refreshing deviation from how I think of the sequencers present on my other instruments- where the control for sequences are difficult, or needing software to really utilize.   For example,  the PEK has amazing stuff you can do with the sequencer,  but the soundtower software isn't really that great for controlling it.  Programming PEK sequences with the onboard controls is possible, but not a likely way I'm going to go about it.

2)    I think after I had gotten the Mopho, my interest waned quickly because I was not much of player that would use (or could use) mono keys very effectively.  I didn't expect to get another monophonic keyboard synth anytime soon.  But then the Pro 2 changed that.  Its paraphonic ability is a really neat dimension of sound and quite different than polyphonic.  I had gotten earlier experience with such paraphonic mode using the Vermona MKII and figured another paraphonic instrument couldn't hurt.  So that was that, and I ordered the Pro 2.     It was after the fact though that I discovered that the Pro 2 has some hidden tricks    I'm finding that plucky strings (like guitar, banjo type strings) are able to made on the Pro 2 very nicely.  I hope to write much more about it and explore some of it's softer elements and sounds. 

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2016, 09:39:49 PM »
A late night exercise in creating hands-free crescendi.  Pardon the audio annoyance in the first minute.  I probably should start using a little compression.  All things in their time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3iD4v82q7Q
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 10:23:46 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2016, 05:03:31 PM »
Sacred Synthesis,

Nice buildup to 1:30.  (I guess hence the name).  There's a neat background "drone" ~ 5:13 too. (it that the bass peddles ??).  Probably my favorite of your music postings thus far.  I want on listen on something other than these lousy computer speakers of  mine. 

PS> I like your nature pictures too,  but this picture on this video allows me to see how cool two PO8's looked stacked.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2016, 08:53:23 AM »
Thanks a lot, Soundquest.  That "drone" is a pedal point played on the Hammond pedalboard wihich controls the Evolver Desktop.

Personally, I prefer the nature pictures as well (which are all local photographs taken by my wife), but unfortunately, I have to occasionally "play the game" by using a studio photograph, which gets the video a much wider reception.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 09:07:43 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2016, 02:45:06 PM »
Well... just an Ambient doodle I made while trying to make a lush reverb with my Fireworx unit... still getting to know that FX box...

Just some random playing in layers for about two minutes... nothing serious, and actualy only made to test the reverb program.

Only one synth was used here... no EQ'ing or mastering of any kind done... just raw and dirty...

http://razmo.ziphoid.com/TheGirlAndTheButterflies.mp3
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2016, 11:51:04 PM »
A simple piece of music using three pads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcDglUP7sE
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:58:06 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2016, 10:26:07 AM »
A simple piece of music using three pads:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azcDglUP7sE

Simple idea and great development. I didn't expect the pad to kick in around 8:06, that's how I got lost in what was happening before.  ;)
Tasty as usual. And I like this sort of hybrid, i.e. brass and string type pad I referred to above.

I had to smirk at the understatement in the description, where it says, "The piece begins with a soft digital pad played on the Poly Evolver Keyboard. After the simple theme is stated, the Prophet '08s embellish it with two more animated patches." Makes it sound very modest about the great PEK pad. It's also a funny inversion if one thinks about the intruments' features, meaning that usually one would expect the PEK to take over the more complex part.

This piece also made me think whether you ever considered a Minitaur for bass pedal duties.

« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2016, 10:38:59 AM »
I just post these tracks here again before they get lost in the Prophet-6 subforum.

This piece features 8 tracks of the Prophet-6: https://soundcloud.com/pauldither/bric-a-brac

And this one has been done with 28 tracks of the Prophet-6: https://soundcloud.com/pauldither/shoulder-pads-noisy-smacks

It's all pure Prophet-6 including the effects, i.e. except for the usual mixing and mastering tools no external effects have been used. I hope these rather eclectic pieces show a bit of the variety that's possible with the Prophet-6 although it might seem limited in terms of modulation options.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2016, 10:53:34 AM »
Simple idea and great development. I didn't expect the pad to kick in around 8:06, that's how I got lost in what was happening before.  ;)
Tasty as usual. And I like this sort of hybrid, i.e. brass and string type pad I referred to above.

I had to smirk at the understatement in the description, where it says, "The piece begins with a soft digital pad played on the Poly Evolver Keyboard. After the simple theme is stated, the Prophet '08s embellish it with two more animated patches." Makes it sound very modest about the great PEK pad. It's also a funny inversion if one thinks about the intruments' features, meaning that usually one would expect the PEK to take over the more complex part.

This piece also made me think whether you ever considered a Minitaur for bass pedal duties.

Thanks, Paul.  The "inversion" is part and parcel of my set up.  The PEK-PER combination is to my left, while the two Prophet '08s are directly in front of me, with the bass pedals below them.  Occasionally I do change things around and put the Poly Evolvers in the central position, but then I miss the bi-timbrality of the P'08s.  So, the Poly Evolvers are second-class instruments in my music room because of my preference for purer analog sound. 

Now why would I need a Minitaur?  Because my pedal lines are generally a lot more than just long sustained notes, those little stubby pedals are by no means sufficient, nor is the Moog's limited key range.  Plus, because of the use of quarter and eighth note lines, an overwhelmingly dense bass sound would sound muddy.  I like the job the Evolver Desktop does , especially since it has four oscillators.  I would, though, like to add a Tetra to the bass section.

« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2016, 11:04:00 AM »
Thanks, Paul.  The "inversion" is part and parcel of my set up.  The PEK-PER combination is to my left, while the two Prophet '08s are directly in front of me, with the bass pedals below them.  Occasionally I do change things around and put the Poly Evolvers in the central position, but then I miss the bi-timbrality of the P'08s.  So, the Poly Evolvers are second-class instruments in my music room because of my preference for purer analog sound.

Do the numbers indicate that you've sold one PEK by now?

Now why would I need a Minitaur?  Because my pedal lines are generally a lot more than just long sustained notes, those little stubby pedals are by no means sufficient, nor is the Moog's limited key range.  Plus, because of the use of quarter and eighth note lines, an overwhelmingly dense bass sound would sound muddy.  I like the job the Evolver Desktop does , especially since it has four oscillators.  I would, though, like to add a Tetra to the bass section.

Oh, it was just a thought. The Minitaur doesn't sound muddy though. But yeah, depending on what you would like to add, the limited key range might end up being an obstacle.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2016, 11:17:54 AM »
Do the numbers indicate that you've sold one PEK by now?

No, I've still got both PEKs.  One is sleeping in a case.  I've warned the poor thing that it could be sold at any time. 

« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:44:04 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

chysn

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2016, 10:38:57 AM »
Good stuff recently.

Sacred Synthesis: I think that's my favorite of yours to date; the pedal harmonies are especially amazing.

Paul: Thanks for the impressive Prophet 6 music. You're helping to make my life difficult.

Raz: I love the theatrical feel of the Girl and the Butterflies. What synth is that?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2016, 11:34:26 AM »
Paul: Thanks for the impressive Prophet 6 music. You're helping to make my life difficult.

I take that as a compliment.  ;D