Your Music

Shaw

Re: Your Music
« Reply #620 on: November 14, 2020, 11:04:44 AM »
I really need to pay more attention to this thread.  Lots of great music going on over here!
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #621 on: November 14, 2020, 01:59:17 PM »
An Autumn Walk is another exquisite piece filled with beautiful imagery.

Thanks, Jason.  There's such a contrast between the woods and synthesizers - two loves, two conflicting life styles.  I won't tell you which one I far prefer.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 02:04:16 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #622 on: November 16, 2020, 06:13:05 AM »
A mostly-improvised demo recording of a handful of my custom programs on the Rev2. Not winning any awards for composition or performance, but some fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax6WToMhU4g

« Reply #623 on: November 19, 2020, 04:51:32 PM »
Hey all - this is a new mix of a song I've previously posted (I *think*!), though honestly, I can't remember which other version I posted. It's a song from my teen years that was released on one of my recent Antronica albums. The two versions on Antronica were from '84 and '87 respectively. This newer track is all Prophet 6, except for the drums (Drumtraks) and the VC340 vocoder bit.

In the spirit of the age, I'm indeed selling my Prophet 6. Well, selling one of my P6s - my original 6 lives in Berlin, but I've been away since March thanks to the pandemic. I couldn't bear to be away so I bought one for my time in California. I'm in the Sacramento area if anyone is interested in the P6. I'll post it properly in the FS section. For now, I hope you (re?)enjoy this slice of new wave teen pop!

https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/go-p6-version-2020-mix-1

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #624 on: November 27, 2020, 09:48:49 PM »

« Reply #625 on: November 29, 2020, 01:28:56 PM »
Hi,

I am sharing as an attachment an mp3 audio sample of a preset that looks like a horror movie. All is made from a patch of Pro 3.

The idea was to achieve a "second minor" dissonance and "modulate" the sound sources so that it evolves slowly.

As I like the result, I wanted to share it with you.

__FR

Salut,

Je partage en pièce jointe un extrait audio mp3 d'un preset au allures de film d'horreur. Tous est réalisé à partir d'un patch du  Pro 3.

L'idée était de réaliser une dissonance "seconde mineur" et de "moduler" les sources sonores pour que celle-ci évolue doucement.

Comme j'aime bien, le résultat, je voulais le partager avec vous.

Merci de votre écoute  :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 01:32:06 PM by lvbeethoven »
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

LoboLives

« Reply #626 on: November 30, 2020, 11:13:22 AM »
Here is an original piece that was done in about 20 minutes or so. It's not specifically influenced by any one composer but there are certainly elements of some mid to late 70s Spanish or Italian satanic/nunsploitation type of scores.

The Prophet X is doing everything. Piano, strings, cymbal and waterphone effects (Waterphone was a user sample I imported), some delay Latin percussion, organ and also a female choir vocal (This is actually two samples that are blending in and out of each other by use of an LFO and also looped forwards and backwards to give something a bit more interesting than a single word repeated).

Enjoy!!

©Everett Dudgeon 2020
℗Everett Dudgeon 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G413ITnSfrA

Trap Lead Extract
« Reply #627 on: December 04, 2020, 10:40:52 AM »
I created some crazy patches. I made some melodic extracts from it.

I wanted to share them with you.

Well crazy this Pro 3
 :o :o
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 10:43:36 AM by lvbeethoven »
Tiptop Audio Buchla System
ASM Hydrasynth
Endorphin.es Shuttle System
Soma Pulsar23
Sequential Prophet 6, Rev2, Pro3
Waldorf Quantum
Akai MPC One
Moog DFAM
Arturia Microfreak
Beringher Model D
Elektron Digitakt
Korg Nautilus

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #628 on: December 09, 2020, 08:15:57 AM »

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #629 on: December 22, 2020, 02:27:47 AM »
A few minutes of Happiness & Peace… from one of the most beautiful pieces by Vangelis: La Petite Fille de la Mer.

On the Prophet Rev2, I was happy to get sort of a dreamy choir with triangle waves and then later bring in audio modulation with the modulation wheel, making it more like a string. As usual, I started with VCM from CreativeSpiral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvnhQy7aVT0

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #630 on: December 22, 2020, 05:38:51 AM »
That was gorgeous, Jason.  Very subtle, gentle and dreamy.  Believe it or not, I didn't even know Vangelis had composed that piece.  Thanks for the education
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 05:50:13 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #631 on: December 22, 2020, 01:24:20 PM »
Jason,  You seem to have a knack for getting the sound perfect to the original.  Perfect!      I read before that many of Vangelis's iconic sounds were presets on the CS80 and some of his other synths.  What is the bottom instrument?
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #632 on: December 22, 2020, 02:24:43 PM »
That was gorgeous, Jason.  Very subtle, gentle and dreamy.

That means a lot Sacred Synthesis, especially given how I love your work and how big of an influence you've been.

Thank you Soundquest! I think that you are right about his use of the CS80. There's a video on YouTube demonstrating how close some of the presets are to some of his tracks (e.g., China). Having said that, he really seemed to experiment with most early keyboard instruments; the list of instruments he used is quite extensive. This particular track was released in 1973, but I believe the recording goes back to 1970 or perhaps even earlier. Therefore, there is no CS80. His main instrument here was a Fender Rhodes, although I don't know the models well enough to tell which. Based on the dates, it is probably a Silver Top/Sparkle Top or a Mark 1 Suitcase or Mark 1 Stage. I'm playing a Yamaha Montage 8, which has a number of nice Fender Rhodes options to choose from. I think a lot of his sound comes down to his use of reverb, and I think the Valhalla Vintage Verb works well.

On the original, there are a number of electric piano overdubs played higher with different panning. I tried to replicate this by having the upper notes of the electric piano panning differently from the lower, so that they would sound like they were coming from different instruments. At the very end, I layered some of the higher notes to double and play an octave higher... so you get the effect of an octave by playing just one note. This doesn’t work for most of the piece, but I was able to bring the effect in at the end nicely with a pedal. So what you get is really something like a live duet.

It has been speculated by several people that the ambient strings were played on a Hammond organ because Vangelis tended to use it that way. (He didn't use a Leslie.) As I happen to have a '57 Hammond, I obviously experimented, and I think the theory fails miserably. I don't know what he used; it may simply have been a real string player.

If anyone likes Vangelis, please check out my other cover of him: Five Circles from the Chariots of Fire soundtrack, which features the Rev2 in the role of the CS80:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-TaPAjeAJw
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 02:30:01 PM by Jason »

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #633 on: December 22, 2020, 06:51:52 PM »
It has been speculated by several people that the ambient strings were played on a Hammond organ because Vangelis tended to use it that way. (He didn't use a Leslie.) As I happen to have a '57 Hammond, I obviously experimented, and I think the theory fails miserably. I don't know what he used; it may simply have been a real string player.

I think the choir-like patch you used was just right for the piece.  It nicely complimented the electric piano sound, even when both were played in the upper registers.  I'll be listening to this one again.

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #634 on: December 23, 2020, 07:51:57 AM »
Thank you so much. I took some time, and my wife was teasing me: "You're spending a lot of time on this one!"

LoboLives

« Reply #635 on: January 04, 2021, 04:56:35 PM »
Happy New Year everyone! Let's see what 2021 brings us!
This track was heavily inspired by Luigi Ceccarelli's score for the Bruno Mattei film Rats: Night Of Terror although it's not a direct cover.
The instruments
-Sequential Prophet-6 (synth pipe organ, slurpy main riff)
-Tempest Drum Computer (Stead beat using a Tom Cart kit as well as the arpeggiated synth bass line)
-Fender Stratocaster (Running into a Roger Linn Adrenalinn iii pedal with some distortion, delay and huge reverb)
Enjoy!

©Everett Dudgeon 2020
℗Everett Dudgeon 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHouPko3BiY

LoboLives

« Reply #636 on: January 12, 2021, 04:57:12 PM »
I wanted to try and do a track completely with the Tempest and so I actually managed to pump out a few of them. This one is a cover of Hideki Furusawa's theme for the Japanese gore flick Entrails Of A Virgin. Everything you hear is done in real time on the Tempest. The Prophet VS plucks, the digital electric piano, the drums and percussion to the thunderous distorted timpani.

Enjoy!

℗Everett Dudgeon 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A4_qJfFQjU

timboréale

• MIDI nerd
« Reply #637 on: January 13, 2021, 06:43:36 AM »
A project I did last year with a composer-singer friend of mine: https://alattia.bandcamp.com

Lots of Rev2 on this whole album, well interspersed with some Nords and the occasional Moog.
Prophet 6 keyboard, Rev2-16, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Nords, etc...

« Reply #638 on: January 20, 2021, 05:07:40 PM »
Here's my cover of Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes." I've always loved this song, and seeing him do it with Youssou N'Dour on the So tour was a lifetime thrill. My version is quite modest, and for me, quite minimalist! Besides the vocal percussion loop, we've got Prologue for the bass and Prologue and Prophet 5 doing the chords. I think I was too intimidated by PG's track to go much further! Hope you enjoy it.

https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/in-your-eyes-mix-1-mp3

« Reply #639 on: January 20, 2021, 05:42:49 PM »
Hey all! I decided to do something a bit different with this video. Instead of a single track or tune I wanted to create more of a suite which combines multiple themes.

I was heavily inspired by the film Night Killer (which was released in Italy as Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3). In that film the soundtrack was mostly library cues compiled together from Carlo Maria Cordia cues.

This suite features loads of user samples in the Prophet X including:
DX7 Electric Piano
DX7 Tubular Eruption
Ensoniq SQ-1 Dynamic Grand Piano
EMU Marcato Strings
EMU Liquid Stack.

and of course it also features a saxophone near the end along with a steady beat on the Tempest.

Hope you guys enjoy!!

©Everett Dudgeon 2021
®Everett Dudgeon 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6JF-5B57wo