Your Music

chysn

Re: Your Music
« Reply #460 on: June 24, 2019, 05:12:27 PM »
Just a ditty:

By your standards, this is absolutely jaunty! I like it a lot. The big pedal point sound is fantastic.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #461 on: June 24, 2019, 08:02:49 PM »
Just a ditty:

By your standards, this is absolutely jaunty! I like it a lot. The big pedal point sound is fantastic.

Thanks, Chysn.  It's a weird little bit, something like a daydream, that probably belongs as an interlude between two more elaborate sections. 

Sacred Synthesis

« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 03:30:44 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

chysn

« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2019, 07:05:51 PM »
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2019, 08:05:06 PM »
Alas, the seemingly impossible has happened:

https://www.amazon.com/Improvisation-95-Musical-Synthesizer/dp/B07T3ZHJLQ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=the+musical+synthesizer&qid=1561846246&s=dmusic&sr=1-2

Not authorized, I assume? What are you supposed to do about that?

Oh no - I did it through Tunecore.  It's legitimate.  Perhaps my "alas" is misleading.  I meant it's been a long and difficult road to the present.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2019, 08:30:58 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

chysn

« Reply #465 on: June 30, 2019, 07:38:45 AM »
Oh no - I did it through Tunecore.  It's legitimate.  Perhaps my "alas" is misleading.  I meant it's been a long and difficult road to the present.

Oh, good! Yeah, the alas threw me off. Thought you were going to have to lawyer up. Congratulations!
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

he/him/his

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #466 on: June 30, 2019, 07:52:59 AM »
Alas, the seemingly impossible has happened:

https://www.amazon.com/Improvisation-95-Musical-Synthesizer/dp/B07T3ZHJLQ/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=the+musical+synthesizer&qid=1561846246&s=dmusic&sr=1-2
And on Spotify, I must be your very first follower there.

Well done. Album please, please, please.  :)

Who did you use to publish the content - ah sorry I just re-read previous post: Tunecore?
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #467 on: June 30, 2019, 08:08:32 AM »
Thanks, guys.  Yes, I started with Tunecore, and they distribute it to the other sites/platforms.  Next, I'll work on Bandcamp.  I'm just fumbling around here, learning by doing, but so far so good.  I'll have to get more serious about the composing, though.  Thus far, I've just improvised my way along.

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2019, 09:05:41 AM »
Thanks, guys.  Yes, I started with Tunecore, and they distribute it to the other sites/platforms.  Next, I'll work on Bandcamp.  I'm just fumbling around here, learning by doing, but so far so good.  I'll have to get more serious about the composing, though.  Thus far, I've just improvised my way along.
Well I wouldn't worry about that. As far as I can see all your tracks I listened to so far are release worthy. It is up to you to decide which ones you want to publish first.

You might want someone else to create a final master for release for the target platforms (streaming/CDs/LPs/Bandcamp/etc.). This works for me as this is still outside of my own expertise. Please don't get me wrong, listening on Spotify with my ATH-M40X headphones, the track sounds very good. This is just an idea.

Please keep going! Don't forget to register the released tracks' author rights (royalties) locally in your country (USA?).
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2019, 10:50:00 AM »
Please keep going! Don't forget to register the released tracks' author rights (royalties) locally in your country (USA?).

Gee, I knew I forgot about something.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:31:13 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #470 on: July 03, 2019, 12:45:04 PM »

It's nice to have it out there.    I've used CDBABY for about 5 years now and am satisfied with them.  They similarly will post  to all the musical outlets.  They have a statistics page where you can watch your sales and source of sales generated from those outlets.    I think I'm approaching my first payout of $25, but it has been years ;)   

While these sites will stock your physical CD's as well, generally, I see that people don't want physical CD's anymore.  I started seeing this really change when I was playing with the R&R band.  Ten years ago you could still sell CD's at gigs when the medium had perceived value.  As recently as 5 years ago it took a final nosedive.    Today, if you give CD's away for free, you're unlikely to get any feedback, but perhaps it might get used as a cup coaster.  Then there's the idea that an album is not digestible to the younger generation since they prefer bite-sized streams for what appears to them as being free.  CD is not a good format for singles.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 12:48:59 PM by Soundquest »
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #471 on: July 03, 2019, 02:14:40 PM »
Yes, it's all true, but who said anything about CD's?  It's all about digital downloads, with CD's only as an option.

LoboLives

« Reply #472 on: July 09, 2019, 04:34:26 PM »
I'm actually thinking about doing a small batch of vinyl releases of some faux movie soundtracks with some artwork/photography by yours's truly.

« Reply #473 on: July 10, 2019, 08:26:57 AM »
Vinyl, that'd be cool.  I wanted to do something like that just for the novelty, but it's still pretty pricy which discouraged me.   Besides, even my own turn-table doesn't work anymore, so then I'd need to buy a new one :-\

If you want to go even more underground, Remember those LP-sized laser discs?  They were very short lived, preceded CD's, but had the art work printed on them. 

Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

« Reply #474 on: July 19, 2019, 08:21:57 AM »
Here's an all ages rap song I did mostly using the OB-6 and P-6.  There's also a Minimoog Model D at the end, and a Fender Rhodes driven through a Fender Princeton amp. 

https://youtu.be/SIb9uKonO30

« Reply #475 on: July 21, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »
Just messing around with this pattern on the Deepmind 12 and Korg EMX.  My once a year stab at techno.

https://soundcloud.com/wavescape-1/minor-trifle

LoboLives

« Reply #476 on: July 21, 2019, 02:01:38 PM »
https://youtu.be/ZSy9aQiQWS0

Had an excellent jam with my best friend Allan Ryppl this weekend. Got to watch some movies and record this little number. Can't go wrong with some Tangerine Dream.

A little breakdown on the instruments

Tempest-Doing the main bass line, the kick drum (using with Boss DR55 sample) as well as some white noise sample and hold type percussion. There is also a slight phaser effect as well.

Prophet X-Doing the filtered, arpeggiated bongos and some pads at the beginning and end of the piece, these pads are actually samples imported into the synth (the one at the start is a sample of a Roland D50 Soundtrack patch layered with a Fairlight Arr1 sample-the one at the end is a custom patch using the onboard samples trying to emulate the Korg M1 Universe patch)

Prophet-6 is doing a pad with a heavy phaser effect on it that's panning back and forth.

Alesis Strike Multipad-Doing those classic "in The Air Tonight" gated reverb style drums.

℗ Everett Dudgeon & Allan Ryppl 2019.

LoboLives

« Reply #477 on: July 28, 2019, 09:23:18 PM »
Finally got some user samples into the Prophet X.
Got to check out Lamberto Bava's film The Ogre over the weekend.
Had some spare time in the studio...
Why not? :)

This isn't a cover of Simon Boswell's fantastic theme for The Ogre but a quick little piece I wrote/recorded in about an hour today. I figured I would go for a style you might hear in a late 80s early 90s Italian horror flick. Very digital/rompler sounding. Some brooding atmospheric pads at the beginning before going into a soft melody.

Loads of user samples:
Synclavier (Bell Gong),
Fairlight (Arr1),
Roland D50 (Digital Native Dance/Soundtrack/Time)
As well as some Korg M1 inspired patches (Universe/Magic Piano) created on the Prophet X using 8Dio's factory samples.

The Tempest is keeping a nice steady Linn Drum beat. Nothing fancy but I think the piece turned out pretty good for a quick job.

ŠEverett Dudgeon 2019
℗Everett Dudgeon 2019

https://youtu.be/0KV_stgE0Fw

« Reply #478 on: July 29, 2019, 05:23:47 PM »
Sounds good, very clear. PS- You seem to find the most far out videos  ;)

LoboLives

« Reply #479 on: July 29, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »
Sounds good, very clear. PS- You seem to find the most far out videos  ;)

Thanks so much! It's odd most people into synths got into it through bands like Depeche Mode and others, but for me it was 80s synth soundtracks from having a small video store behind my house and I would constantly keep buying movies after school.