The Official Sequential/DSI Forum

Your Music

Re: Your Music
« Reply #440 on: May 12, 2019, 05:57:24 PM »
Gang! My latest album is out today and here's the first video. The track features two tracks of Prophet 6 playing the main chords - distorted organ and a piano-ish sound. Bass is Micromoog. The "drum machine" is also P6, with a real drummer lurking beneath. Pretty minimal backing track, but it suits the song. Hope you enjoy. We had great fun with the video, as you can probably tell...

https://moofmag.com/2019/05/10/music-video-premiere-berliner-grotesk-anton-barbeau/

I loved this song when I first heard it (maybe a couple years ago?). Back then, as I listened to it like nine times in a row, I went down a Google rabbit hole learning about fonts.

I'm happy there's a video!

So glad to hear all this - thank you! It's funny, but I'm pretty certain which font we'll use for my next record. The album is to be called Manbird, a sorta homage to the film Lady Bird, which was set in Sacramento, my home town. I think we're fated to use Armador, the distinctive font used for the film. I'm not actually a font geek by any means, but next thing you know... etc!