Your Music

Re: Your Music
« Reply #900 on: July 21, 2023, 01:23:38 PM »
Here’s some examples.

“I wanted to give a really lo-fi sound so I used the Prophet X's sampled synth sounds and altered the tone to thin them out as well as changed some of the loop points. Almost to give the impression of a really cheap, radio shack type synth. I added some onboard chorus since most thin sounding synths have onboard chorus in order to thicken them out. No filter action or real articulation at all. Just flat sounding and cheap which totally fits the style.”

In this example though I did use the filter a bit. Almost reminds me of the Sequential Max.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fdZycV0W6ho&pp=ygUdRXZlcmV0dCBkdWRnZW9uIGtpbGxpbmcgc3ByZWU%3D
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 01:37:37 PM by LoboLives »

« Reply #901 on: July 26, 2023, 10:15:22 AM »
HI all - my latest video is up today. Normally, I make a point of posting Sequential-related music to the forum, but there's barely a synth on this one, and it's a Korg! BUT... it's playing a nice little solo, and is announced by none other than the creator of "Electronic Sound" himself, Beatle George! My full album is out in September, and is loaded with Prophet 5. For today, though, I hope you'll enjoy the song - and the Korg prologue!

https://glidemagazine.com/294265/video-premiere-anton-barbeau-captures-bygone-era-of-music-with-infectious-pysch-pop-anthem-waiting-on-the-radio/?fbclid=IwAR2Tp5TYDYdEzH0MXhQRiTcnlM4WuMrt0JkGLEAn2aBxpVdWRzcPA5Pby70

« Reply #902 on: July 27, 2023, 07:26:18 PM »
Although I've been busy in the studio I'm having a difficult time doing some of my "non synth" oriented soundtrack work. My mind just hasn't been focused lately but I'm trying my best. I figured I'd trying my hand at a simple cover from one of my favorite monster flicks. Ray Kellogg's The Giant Gila Monster This actually ties in perfectly with the announcement that the film has been restored and getting a special edition Blu Ray release (as well as Kellogg's other film The Killer Shrews) from the new label The Film Masters (Which I believe are an offshoot of The Film Detective).

Anyway, the Theremin driven theme by Jack Marshall is very simple (sounds like it was recorded with no more than 6 people or so) but fits the lumbering creature so well. Marshall was one of Capitol Records' top producers in the late 1950s and 1960s. He had a varied career as a jazz, rock and classical guitarist and also as a composer, arranger and record producer.

The Prophet X is doing the electric guitar, upright piano, clarinet and faux Theremin and as utilizing the onboard step sequencer in parts.

The ISLA S2400 is doing the drums (Snare, piatti crash and timpani) as well as some of the sequencing. The first time using the S2400 for this style of music...it surprisingly works very well in keeping the foundation of the track.

Overall, I'm happy with how it turned out. I hope my mind gets back on track and I can focus on some more original orchestral pieces. Perhaps a Western or Sword And Sandal type piece.

℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

« Reply #903 on: August 06, 2023, 01:10:36 PM »
Hey all! This is another track I had kicking around recently and I wanted to give a big shout out to Chris Alexander and his new book on the Roger Corman/Vincent Price/Edgar Allan Poe cycle.

https://www.chrisalexanderonline.com/...

Les Baxter's score for Pit And The Pendulum is sort of a precursor to the experimental soundtracks of films like Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Relying more on ambient sound effects and instruments being run through huge plated reverb and tape echoes.

The Prophet X is handling everything here. From the menacing grating strings (panning back and forth to give the impression of a swooping pendulum blade), to the organ, bass clarinet and scratching strings being run through heavy analog style delay and loads of super plate reverb.

I hope you enjoy! I'll be in the studio again later this month and I'll try and get some more tracks done :)

© Everett Dudgeon 2023
℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

« Reply #904 on: August 13, 2023, 05:47:20 PM »

This is a track I actually recorded last year and just ended up stumbling across it while moving some files around. This isn't a direct cover of Riichirô Manabe's score for the awesome Vampire Doll (The first film in the incredible vampire trilogy from Toho) but it's certainly inspired by it.

Nothing fancy here. Just the Prophet X doing three tracks: Harpsichord, organ and bell/chime percussion (done using a looped sample).

I EQ'ed everything to make it sound like an old record with lots of vinyl pops and cracks.

Hope you enjoy!

© Everett Dudgeon 2022
℗ Everett Dudgeon 2022

« Reply #905 on: August 23, 2023, 10:35:08 AM »
Hey all! While at the studio this week, I wanted to try and focus on doing more orchestral style work. To warm up I did a nice little tribute to Ronald Stein's beautiful score for Phantom From 10,000 Leagues. Everything you hear is all from the Prophet X. I think this turned out quite well and I'm happy with it.

Hope you enjoy! Much more to come!

© Everett Dudgeon 2023
℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

« Reply #906 on: August 24, 2023, 11:03:27 AM »
The water waves P-X as well?
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #907 on: August 25, 2023, 10:47:49 PM »

« Reply #908 on: September 01, 2023, 04:28:23 PM »

Hello all! I worked on a ton of tracks recently and after watching the most recent Subspecies film Blood Rise, I felt inspired to try my hand at the classic theme.

I remember first seeing the trailer for Subspecies II Bloodstone on a VHS I had when I was younger and I immediately ordered it from by local video store. Unbeknownst to me, it was actually a whole film series which has become a big favorite of mine.

The Prophet X is doing most of the work here, vocals, strings, toms, piano, organ, pads and eerie bells while the ISLA S2400 is not only doing some of the sequencing to the Prophet X but it's also handling the driving timpani and gong sounds.

© Everett Dudgeon 2023
℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

« Reply #909 on: September 02, 2023, 05:20:28 PM »
I finished this track recently. Or it’s as finished as any track ever is. https://soundcloud.com/markwilkins/reduction

It was kind of fun in a different way from most. Part way into creating it, I started thinking it would be useful if I had a plug-in in my DAW that showed me the chord names playing in a MIDI track. I wasn’t able to find one, so I stopped the music creation and spent about six weeks creating a plug-in to do that. https://github.com/markwilkins/midi-chord-reader

I am probably the only person who will use it, but it was pretty fun to create the plug-in. It’s been a while since I have written C++ code. I had forgotten how much I like it. Writing code for fun/enjoyment is almost as great as writing/playing music. The corporate grind tends to make one lose sight of the joy of creation.

« Reply #910 on: September 03, 2023, 03:39:35 PM »
And since we are approaching ski season, here is a very low quality video I made with my phone while skiing last spring on a weirdly wintery day for so late in the year (the local ski hill is named “Bogus Basin”). The backing track I added, however, was kind of fun from synth perspective. I did a live jam using the Prophet 6, Minimoog Model D, Novation Peak, and Nord Stage 3.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 03:43:01 PM by markwilkins »

« Reply #911 on: September 10, 2023, 01:41:12 PM »
Lately I've been watching a lot of 80s Hong Kong action cinema (In The Line Of Duty, Iron Angel etc) and felt inspired to do an original piece.

The Prophet X is doing the DX7 bass, electric guitar and orchestral strings while the ISLA S2400 is doing all of the drum work via some EMU samples (including the famous Orchestral Hit as well.).

Hope you enjoy!

© Everett Dudgeon 2023
℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

« Reply #912 on: September 11, 2023, 11:52:40 AM »
Hoodoo_ray.  I just jumped thru some tracks as I'm at work, but what I heard sounds good.  One the funnest thing we can do imo is release a whole album.  Its neat to go back years later and have it all in one spot.
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

« Reply #913 on: September 13, 2023, 12:09:10 PM »
Hoodoo_ray.  I just jumped thru some tracks as I'm at work, but what I heard sounds good.  One the funnest thing we can do imo is release a whole album.  Its neat to go back years later and have it all in one spot.

The tracks in this do have (or at least are meant to have) some narrative something in common, so thought it made sense to collect them together. Thanks for taking the time to listen!

« Reply #914 on: September 18, 2023, 11:08:34 AM »
This was just something I did quickly when I was in the studio last. Very simple but so much fun.

One of my favorite films is Inframan from Shaw Brothers.

To quote Roger Ebert

"The movie even looks good: It's a classy, slick production by the Shaw Brothers, the Hong Kong kung fu kings. When they stop making movies like Infra-Man, a little light will go out of the world."

This isn't a direct cover but it's heavily inspired by the synth/funk theme from the US version of the film.

The Prophet 6 is doing the repetitive two note sequence with a synced Random LFO doing some classic 1970s "computer" sounds.

The Tempest is actually doing a factory "Funk Kit" beat project which I think fits really well to the theme.

Hope you enjoy music beyond bionics!

© Everett Dudgeon 2023
℗ Everett Dudgeon 2023

« Reply #915 on: September 20, 2023, 03:43:13 PM »
Hi gang - I've got a new album coming out Friday. As with anything I do, synths - the Prophet 5 and Prophet 6 in particular - are always lurking, even when not at the heart of a given song.

Flood Magazine is streaming the whole record as a pre-release. Not sure how long it'll be up, but please feel free to check out some of the tracks.
Hope you enjoy!
https://floodmagazine.com/143900/anton-barbeau-morgenmusik-nachtschlager-first-listen/

Elric

• Peak Oil
« Reply #916 on: September 21, 2023, 03:41:10 AM »
Pro3...

(Actually, wait, this is probably double tracked.) ...  2 Pro 3s? 
I did do a few dual Pro3 tracks... can't remember for sure. - but this is all Pro3!
With only internal effects.

(Based off of the "Nuuk" patch. I think.)
- Yea, uh...  U2_p11 and U1_p9. So, not just Muuk...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 04:28:35 AM by Elric »
:Elric:
Kurzweil K, Pro3, TX81z, K1r, Triton w/MOSS, Wavestation EX in a bag in the corner.

« Reply #917 on: September 21, 2023, 11:06:57 AM »
Hi gang - I've got a new album coming out Friday. As with anything I do, synths - the Prophet 5 and Prophet 6 in particular - are always lurking, even when not at the heart of a given song.

Flood Magazine is streaming the whole record as a pre-release. Not sure how long it'll be up, but please feel free to check out some of the tracks.
Hope you enjoy!
https://floodmagazine.com/143900/anton-barbeau-morgenmusik-nachtschlager-first-listen/

Hey Anton, I assume you'll have this on streaming services eventually too?  I did a quick run thru,  I really like Bop, and Coming clean (good break in the middle).   Maybe you should do a greatest hits album some day of your faves. 

« Reply #918 on: September 21, 2023, 11:46:17 AM »

Hope you enjoy!

Hey Anton, I assume you'll have this on streaming services eventually too?  I did a quick run thru,  I really like Bop, and Coming clean (good break in the middle).   Maybe you should do a greatest hits album some day of your faves.

Hey Soundquest - thanks for checking it out. I've actually got a greatest non-hits record out there, called Empire of Potential, but honestly, it's old enough and I'm prolific enough that I don't really push that one anymore. I made it mostly for touring, and as such it contains songs that I was performing live at the time.

I do have several albums in the Antronica series, where I take my songs and rework them into fully synth'd-up shape, but I think you're onto something and it's time to do a new "introducing Ant" collection.

I don't like being sales-pitchy on the forum, but since we're here (and since Bandcamp makes it easy to preview tracks), I'd encourage curious folks to sniff around my Bandcamp page. It's a bit more curated than the rest of my too-much catalog!

https://antonbarbeau.bandcamp.com/

CPN37

« Reply #919 on: September 23, 2023, 10:55:30 AM »
I have a new single out now called "End Of Terrain.", accompanied by an amazing video by award winning neural networks artist and filmmaker Glenn Marshall, who has previously worked with Peter Gabriel and Tangerine Dream.

I used the Prophet 5 Rev 4 heavily on the song, it's doing the background atmospheric stuff and also the big Northern Lights solar flare type melody in between the choruses and verses. Other synths used are the ARP Pro Soloist and the SCI Pro-One. Along with good old fashioned piano, drums, guitar and bass.

"End Of Terrain." is taken from the forthcoming album "Bloody Saturnalia", which is available to pre-order now on Digital or 180 gram vinyl gatefold LP formats. If you pre-order the album on Bandcamp you get "End Of Terrain" now, plus the complete album the moment it’s released on the 24th November.

If you're interested, here are some links...

Pre-order "Bloody Saturnalia":
https://nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com/album/bloody-saturnalia

Buy "End Of Terrain" / watch the video:
https://nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com/track/end-of-terrain

"End Of Terrain." was written following the passing of my Dad, and a little trip to Iceland I made to see the Northern Lights, a step up from watching lightning storms as Dad and I would do when I was a child. As luck would (not) have it, the lights did not show themselves - or at least not to the naked eye. Just a slightly greenish tinge to the sky on long exposure photographs. So thank goodness we have songs where can make anything we like happen, we can have the solar flare strike Earth's magnetic field every chorus, and the lights dance in the sky as the souls of departed loved ones.

Sequential Prophet 5 Rev4, Sequential Circuits Pro One, Sequential Prophet Rev2-8, Minimoog, ARP Pro Soloist, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Juno 60

nickcarlisle.bandcamp.com