Pro 2 BETA OS 1.2.3.2 - Discussion
« on: March 21, 2017, 12:48:32 AM »
Go...  :D

mosen

Re: Pro 2 BETA OS 1.2.3.2 - Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:43:24 AM »
thanks for fast debugging!

Question:
Is it possible to enter chords in Paraphonic sequencer mode, besides entering 4 seperate notes on the first 4 sequencer lanes?

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:41:04 AM »
Sorry, another question, or may be I should say mine is not solved yet.

I still haven't figured out how to record Paraphonic Sequencer. Always only the Track 1 and the last recorded track remains, and the rest of the tracks will have "*" overwritten to Note Names and Velocity Values, erasing what was recorded there before.
I need help on this.
prophet 12, PRO2, mono evolver KB, Hikari Duo, Cobalt5S, Hydrasynth Explorer, microFreak, 0-Coast, 0-CTRL, ensoniq VFX-SD, Kurzweil PC361, Roland V-Synth, SH-4d, JD-XA, TB-3, A-50, KORG 800DV, wavestate, modwave, kaossilator 2, volca nubass/modular, SQ-1, iOS/Mac

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 09:07:30 AM »
Thank you very much for the update, DSI :-)
DSI Prophet REV 2, Prophet X

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:17:48 AM »
Here's a quick 'n dirty example of paraphonic recoding. Sorry for the low quality, but it should be pretty clear how to get it going!

https://archive.org/details/VID20170321103716
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 11:47:52 AM »
I can't play that video, I can see it downloading, clicking on the timeline works but it won't play.

Safari 10.0.3.

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 03:11:44 PM »
I can't play that video, I can see it downloading, clicking on the timeline works but it won't play.

Safari 10.0.3.

May be you need a flash installed.
Or view with Google Chrome instead of Safari, like I did.

Now I see some lights on my Paraphonic Sequencer issue, I'll try it out by myself later today. Thanks.
prophet 12, PRO2, mono evolver KB, Hikari Duo, Cobalt5S, Hydrasynth Explorer, microFreak, 0-Coast, 0-CTRL, ensoniq VFX-SD, Kurzweil PC361, Roland V-Synth, SH-4d, JD-XA, TB-3, A-50, KORG 800DV, wavestate, modwave, kaossilator 2, volca nubass/modular, SQ-1, iOS/Mac

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 03:32:59 PM »
Here's a quick 'n dirty example of paraphonic recoding. Sorry for the low quality, but it should be pretty clear how to get it going!

https://archive.org/details/VID20170321103716

Thank you!

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2017, 02:00:57 PM »
from my post in 1.2.3 discussion :
when I switch a patch (for instance, the basic program) to paraphonic mode, all the keys produce the same note (corresponding to the last note played in the previous mode). I checked, key follow is active for each oscillator and there's no way I can activate key tracking. Doesn't happen with patches saved as paraphonic in memory...

same thing in 1.2.3.2 unfortunately

what's even more strange, if I change a patch to paraphonic when a sequence with different notes is running, all the steps in the sequence suddenly play the same note (key follow still on for all the osc).

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 03:05:28 PM »
back to normal when I switch back to 1.2.0.2

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2017, 05:50:08 AM »

Safari 10.0.3.

May be you need a flash installed.
Or view with Google Chrome instead of Safari, like I did.

Now I see some lights on my Paraphonic Sequencer issue, I'll try it out by myself later today. Thanks.

Ok, so now I succeeded in recording four note chords into the Paraphonic Mode Sequencer, thanks a lot.

But what I wanted to do was to record a monophonic melody line tied to each of four oscillators, making a sort of like a four-part multitimbral recording/playback. Of course this can be done with previous PRO2 sequencer mode by setting oscillator pitch differential values from the originally set pitch to the designated note pitch. But that's pretty hard to program, so I wished if I could input Note Names by playing keyboard instead of setting differential numbers by knobs to each of four tracks each tied with each of four oscillators.
Is this still not possible?

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 10:57:33 AM »
when I switch a patch (for instance, the basic program) to paraphonic mode, all the keys produce the same note (corresponding to the last note played in the previous mode). I checked, key follow is active for each oscillator and there's no way I can activate key tracking. Doesn't happen with patches saved as paraphonic in memory...

what's even more strange, if I change a patch to paraphonic when a sequence with different notes is running, all the steps in the sequence suddenly play the same note (key follow still on for all the osc).

Hi phisynth. I'm not seeing these behaviors here. Could you please list the exact steps that lead to this behavior for you, starting with a Basic Patch (shortcut: LATCH 1 + HOLD)? Also, feel free to contact us through our direct technical support channel. Thanks!
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 11:28:03 AM »

Ok, so now I succeeded in recording four note chords into the Paraphonic Mode Sequencer, thanks a lot.

But what I wanted to do was to record a monophonic melody line tied to each of four oscillators, making a sort of like a four-part multitimbral recording/playback. Of course this can be done with previous PRO2 sequencer mode by setting oscillator pitch differential values from the originally set pitch to the designated note pitch. But that's pretty hard to program, so I wished if I could input Note Names by playing keyboard instead of setting differential numbers by knobs to each of four tracks each tied with each of four oscillators.

Hi NemoSynth. The new Paraphonic Recording mode will make it easier to do what you're wanting to do, if I understand your goal correctly. Are you familiar with the functionality that existed previously with only track one ("notes" track), where you hold the step button for a given step and press a key to enter the note for that step? Well, now with the sequencer set to paraphonic, you can do this on tracks one though four, instead of only track one, with track one corresponding to oscillator one, track two corresponding to oscillator two, and so forth.

So, you can't record a separate monophonic melody for each oscillator using the RECORD button in the new Paraphonic recording mode, but you can do this much more efficiently than you were able to previously with the method listed above. I hope this helps!
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 03:15:37 PM »

Hi NemoSynth. The new Paraphonic Recording mode will make it easier to do what you're wanting to do, if I understand your goal correctly. Are you familiar with the functionality that existed previously with only track one ("notes" track), where you hold the step button for a given step and press a key to enter the note for that step? Well, now with the sequencer set to paraphonic, you can do this on tracks one though four, instead of only track one, with track one corresponding to oscillator one, track two corresponding to oscillator two, and so forth.

So, you can't record a separate monophonic melody for each oscillator using the RECORD button in the new Paraphonic recording mode, but you can do this much more efficiently than you were able to previously with the method listed above. I hope this helps!

Hey, thanks extempo! And sorry for my broken English, as I'm not a native English speaker.
I'll try your method this evening.

Yes, I was aware that each of the first four tracks were tied to corresponding numbered oscillators, but I was always using the Record button to input the notes. I wasn't aware of holding the Step button and hit the key method. Ok, I see more lights now :) Can't wait to try it out tonight.

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2017, 05:31:20 AM »

Hey, thanks extempo! And sorry for my broken English, as I'm not a native English speaker.
I'll try your method this evening.

Yes, I was aware that each of the first four tracks were tied to corresponding numbered oscillators, but I was always using the Record button to input the notes. I wasn't aware of holding the Step button and hit the key method. Ok, I see more lights now :) Can't wait to try it out tonight.

YES!! I got the Paraphonic Sequencer play in four part quasi-multitimbral manner!! Thanks so much!!!! This is a great new feature!!!!

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2017, 09:43:17 AM »
Glad you're enjoying it NemoSynth!
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2017, 12:54:45 PM »

Hi phisynth. I'm not seeing these behaviors here. Could you please list the exact steps that lead to this behavior for you, starting with a Basic Patch (shortcut: LATCH 1 + HOLD)? Also, feel free to contact us through our direct technical support channel. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply

Well, I don't have the beta installed any longer and went back to 1.2.0.2...

But as far as I can remember, it was simply by selecting a non paraphonic patch (key follow is working), basic program or any other, switching it to paraphonic mode -> no more key follow (despite being activated in the osc section - deactivating/reactivating it would not work either).

If I selected a patch saved as paraphonic, key follow would work

I tried this with local control on & off, and with midi cables connected or disconnected, with the same results. 

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2017, 01:20:04 PM »
Hi phisynth-

If you can't specifically give us detailed instructions on how to reproduce what you're seeing, this OS is likely to get released as-is because we're not able to find the issue based on your current description. I encourage you to install the latest beta and try again if you'd like to see this potential issue resolved. You also have the option of writing into support if that's preferable to you.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2017, 08:31:48 PM »
I'm very happy to see an update that is focused on addressing so many issues. My focus will be on testing instability issues I have experienced and have been trying to avoid.

I also dig the new paraphonic recording mode, however one thing that would make it much more useful would be the ability to modify the oscillator levels independently. It would be nice to have the paraphonic level to control all oscillators relative to where their individual levels were set. Short of that, I'd probably prefer to forego the paraphonic level convenience for the flexibility of individual control if I had the option.

At any rate, great update, DSI! Thanks for your hard work and continued care for the Pro 2!

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2017, 03:56:45 AM »
Hi phisynth-

If you can't specifically give us detailed instructions on how to reproduce what you're seeing, this OS is likely to get released as-is because we're not able to find the issue based on your current description. I encourage you to install the latest beta and try again if you'd like to see this potential issue resolved. You also have the option of writing into support if that's preferable to you.

OK, I reinstalled 1.2.3.2 and this time paraphonic mode seems to be tracking as expected  ???