Changing Pro 2 knobs / pots

Changing Pro 2 knobs / pots
« on: March 20, 2017, 02:18:49 PM »
As a eurorack person, I'm quite used to swapping out knobs to change the feel and look of modules. I find the standard ones a bit too hard and also too high, as it sometimes hides the text behind.

I had a quick look and it seems the Pro 2 uses D shafts. Is there anyone on here who has swapped theirs and even better has suggestions of where to get in the UK? 

Thanks,

Neil

Re: Changing Pro 2 knobs / pots
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 03:46:36 PM »
I love those knobs so I don't know a good alternative for you. I do know they are super tight and difficult to remove though. I've put these on my P08 and Evolver and always feel like I'm going to break something when removing/installing.

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:29:23 AM »
I'm interested in this too, not cos I don't like the knobs but because one of mine has developed a very annoying jitter that keeps disturbing the screen. Of course it's out of warranty. Hope this isn't a sign of quality issues to come.

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »
That sounds like a pot rather than a knob, send us an email at our support address and we'll send you a new one or figure out how to get it fixed if you don't want to replace the pot yourself.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2017, 02:24:14 AM »
That sounds like a pot rather than a knob, send us an email at our support address and we'll send you a new one or figure out how to get it fixed if you don't want to replace the pot yourself.

That's very kind, I will. No probs replacing the pot. :)

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 07:16:38 PM »
I have a similar jitter with my main volume knob (I bought mine new a little over a month ago). I submitted a ticket and got a near immediate response. I was supposed to receive instructions on how to remove the circuit board so I could send it in for repairs (pot replacement issue as well) though, but the instructions never arrived, which is kind of scary because the guy addressing my ticket has been on the ball up till today. I'm genuinely hoping he's okay.

At any rate, I've searched the forums for any hint of the instructions on how to remove the circuit board and this thread is the closest I can find. Is there a "user help" repository that will give me clear instructions on what I need to do?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 07:57:35 PM »
The solution is to persist in your communicating with DSI.  That's going straight to the mother ship.  If email is too slow, give them a call. 

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2017, 10:43:54 PM »
You read my mind. :)
By the time I started looking to see if I missed something in the e-mail exchanges or on the website, the offices had already closed.

Love your YT channel by the way! I've been a silent lurker for about a year. Great stuff!

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 09:37:48 AM »
Andy sorted me out, and all is well!
Back to the original thread, after having to remove some of the knobs on my Pro 2 it can be done, and I'm sure there are knobs that would fit, but I wouldn't recommend changing them. Wider knobs could possibly obscure the layout, but more importantly, the current knobs appear to be designed to protect the pots in the event a knob gets hit with any amount of force.

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »
I did something similar on my Rev2.

I'm actually in the process of trading my Rev2 for a pro2 and I will be swapping the custom knobs over before hand.

I have a whole thread about it over here where I address some of the complications I ran into (that were pretty minor but still things I had to address nonetheless.

http://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,2069.0.html

I'm stoked. These are going to look even cooler on the Pro-2.