FX Sliders

RobH

FX Sliders
« on: March 19, 2017, 07:19:45 AM »
Edit i solved my problem, i had to put my samples on pre filter mix to be able to pitch the digital osc's up or down with the FX fader, interesting.

Edit - No im having problems with the FX faders not wanting to pitch digital osc up or down and i cant work out why??
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:43:36 AM by RobH »

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
Re: FX Sliders
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 07:29:33 AM »
Hi RobH, you must mean pre/post filter not fader eh? *grin* Some newbies may get confused from your answer thinking their Tempest is missing a prefader  setting and start requesting it as a new feature or better yet report it as a bug *high five*.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

RobH

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 07:44:51 AM »
Hi RobH, you must mean pre/post filter not fader eh? *grin* Some newbies may get confused from your answer thinking their Tempest is missing a prefader  setting and start requesting it as a new feature or better yet report it as a bug *high five*.

Why wont it pitch my digital samples, yeah i meant pre filter, for some reason i was imaging a mixing desk in my head when i wrote that lmao god knows!

In beats mode the samples are pitched up but when i fall into sounds mode it the FX slider won't pitch my drum samples up, can anyone give me a reason why this might be the case??

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:02:55 AM by RobH »

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:00:03 AM »
Funny that I just temember there is a Vol control that is "prefader" for the mixer level control of the sound.

Thanks for the edit;)
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

RobH

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 08:04:12 AM »
Funny that I just temember there is a Vol control that is "prefader" for the mixer level control of the sound.

Thanks for the edit;)

Lucid in sounds mode does your FX slider pitch the samples up?

edit- ok so i've retrawled though the bugs and it seems that this one is already known about, i think there may possibly be a workaround using the pitchbend in the modulation section according to roger that works, the normal bend is working but only bending a 1/4 of that its supposed to so i'm going to try and increase that with the modulation and see if that can solve my issue.

edit2- My tempest doesnt seem to pitch the sampes up at all, not even when i put the pitch bend amount to one octave, i've also tried lots of different modulations to see if i could link it to the slider somehow but im at a loss as to how i can make this work, if anyone has any ideas pls let me know. Really DS can't let this be the final OS man i mean pls unable to pitch and digital osc??? i hope im doing something very wrong but i dont think i am. I'm going to put a ticket into support.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:31:32 AM by RobH »

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 12:06:03 PM »
You need to hit the pad and slide in order to work in Sounds Mode...In sequencer level works only in Beats Mode as you mentioned..
In beats mode the samples are pitched up but when i fall into sounds mode it the FX slider won't pitch my drum samples up, can anyone give me a reason why this might be the case??

RobH

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »
You need to hit the pad and slide in order to work in Sounds Mode...In sequencer level works only in Beats Mode as you mentioned..

Ah right, thanks man, so no sequence but i can actually play and pitch, good shit yorgos my head was baffled because i was sure i had been using it at some point lmao.

I've been up all night i think i need to sleep....

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
Have a good night man ;)

RobH

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »
Solved....