Next New Sequential Instrument

Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »
Maybe they'll reissue this one  ;D:

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2016, 06:12:51 PM »
But April fools' jokes are supposed to be funny, like Moog's polyphonic Theremin stunt.  Now that was funny.  But this is just plain depressing.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2016, 06:14:53 PM »
Just to be clear, I'm not wishing that anything old be re-issued.  (My only exceptions to this were the ARP Odyssey and 2600.)  I'm wishing for something new and big...as always. 

I'd like to see many of the advances of these past few years poured into one large instrument: Pro 2 filters, Prophet-6 oscillators, OB-6 effects, and Prophet 12 size and voice architecture.  I'm willing to spend up to $4,000 for the big one, if it's really good.  Otherwise, I'll have half-a-dozen Prophet '08 modules hanging from the ceiling, or I'm going to start wandering over to Modal Electronics.  I'm tired of the small/medium-sized stuff.  It's nothing an organist can work with, nor enough for a composer of neo-classical music.  I mean business when I make music, and fiddling around with backpack-sized gear ain't business.  Besides, I never take my synthesizers hiking.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:45:51 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

chysn

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2016, 05:57:13 AM »
But April fools' jokes are supposed to be funny, like Moog's polyphonic Theremin stunt.  Now that was funny.  But this is just plain depressing.

Yeah, but it had me researching DJ equipment, which is #$%ing hilarious. I have to give it up for that one.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

dslsynth

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
I'd like to see many of the advances of these past few years poured into one large instrument: Pro 2 filters, Prophet-6 oscillators, OB-6 effects, and Prophet 12 size and voice architecture.

Welcome to the club! Please make a smaller voice count desktop module for me. Complex voice and strong fundamentals are the way to go!
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

dslsynth

« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 09:37:58 AM »
Yeah, but it had me researching DJ equipment, which is #$%ing hilarious. I have to give it up for that one.

If you want an evil April fools joke how about this one: DSI will significantly extend their team of software developers in order to meet the demand of their existing product users... ;-)
#!/bin/sh

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 10:56:40 AM »
I think the collaboration will be a memory Moog with the same form factor as OB6 Pro6.

chysn

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 11:14:02 AM »
I think the collaboration will be a memory Moog with the same form factor as OB6 Pro6.

News of collaboration with Moog would be much better, as an April Fools Day bit.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2016, 11:26:55 AM »
Hybrid cowbell. Everything else is a joke.

Steven Morris

• Steven Morris Music & Sound
    • Steven Morris Music & Sound
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2016, 04:45:04 AM »
Out of this, all kinds of products, including a 1V/O BBD Eurorack module could be introduced ;)

One can always dream I suppose...

Sounds like my dream came true!

Heard the news about the DSM-03 via the wonderful Cuckoo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQhqqwGazbA

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2016, 09:55:58 AM »
Chysn and I have already pre-ordered.  Can't wait.

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2016, 10:04:36 AM »

I knew you would love the colors.

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2016, 10:06:26 AM »
Actually that looks pretty interesting to me especially if it has 16 P6 filters in it.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2016, 10:24:19 AM »

I knew you would love the colors.

Right now, I'm dying my hair the same colors in celebration.

« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:58 AM »
Actually that looks pretty interesting to me especially if it has 16 P6 filters in it.

Looking at the video it seems when they talk about "filters" they are talking about two filters LP and HP, so I guess on the main outs.

Seems a shame a 16 channel sampler with 16 filters would have been pretty neat.

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2016, 11:24:01 AM »

Looking at the video it seems when they talk about "filters" they are talking about two filters LP and HP, so I guess on the main outs.

Seems a shame a 16 channel sampler with 16 filters would have been pretty neat.

I'm not even sure about the term sampler. It just seems to be a sample playback device.

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2016, 11:49:42 AM »
It does have audio ins so it could be.

Even though it has "DJ" attached to it it looks like an MPC type thing with an XOX type sequencer, if it supports chromatic sample playing that is; looking at some of the screen dumps there is a pitch parameter and it does have midi in and also a USB host port so I'm hoping it does. There are scant technical specs around though.

dslsynth

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »
Right now, I'm dying my hair the same colors in celebration.

We want picture proof! ;)
#!/bin/sh

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2016, 12:20:31 PM »
Okay, here's the picture proof.  I put my best nose on for the photograph.  And I'm really happy in this selfie because I just designed another monster brass patch on my Prophet '08s.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2016, 12:55:23 PM by Sacred Synthesis »