Next New Sequential Instrument

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #1220 on: January 22, 2020, 09:44:47 AM »
Again he says 32 wavetables with 16 wavetables in them each... The term "wavetable" certainly can be confusing  ;D

Just for good meassure, it is 32 wavetables with each 16 single cycle waveforms in them... And as stated by others, they are 16bit, and 1024 samples long, and can be morphed in 256 steps... And according to another video, they might introduce either user wavetables or more factory wavetables in the future, something I will be following very carefuly  ;)
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1221 on: January 22, 2020, 02:08:11 PM »
I would think so, since it's hard to believe the Pro 3 would have required all of the past year's research and development.
https://youtu.be/91XNDArxSlc?t=855

But as Dave said, it didn't absorb all their R and D.  Another instrument will be appearing in a few months.

OceanMachine

« Reply #1222 on: January 22, 2020, 02:21:03 PM »
Which is why I posted that. Dave also said it was easier to design, so perhaps it fits into your lower end market hopes...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1223 on: January 22, 2020, 02:29:39 PM »
Thanks for the video.  Yes, it does pique my interest to hear there's another instrument on the way.

LoboLives

« Reply #1224 on: January 22, 2020, 02:35:14 PM »
Well it won't be a Tempest 2 or Poly Evolver 2 or any such thing. Perhaps a smaller poly synth akin to the MophoX4 but based on the Prophet REV 2?

« Reply #1225 on: January 22, 2020, 02:49:13 PM »
I would think so, since it's hard to believe the Pro 3 would have required all of the past year's research and development.

But as Dave said, it didn't absorb all their R and D.  Another instrument will be appearing in a few months.

When he said it was easier to implement and one of the Sequential team recently said that the next instrument would be for a different kind of musician, I was thinking something like a sequencer or a drum machine. (Obviously I hope it’ll be a 5-octave poly.)

Shaw

« Reply #1226 on: January 22, 2020, 03:05:47 PM »

When he said it was easier to implement and one of the Sequential team recently said that the next instrument would be for a different kind of musician, I was thinking something like a sequencer or a drum machine. (Obviously I hope it’ll be a 5-octave poly.)

A “different kind of musician” could just mean “a big poly synth with no sequencer”.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #1227 on: January 22, 2020, 03:46:29 PM »
Or ,maybe it's just a semi modular synth... that would not require a lot of software coding, which would no doubt make it easier to implement... maybe it's something that will use the new ladder filter... who knows...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #1228 on: January 22, 2020, 04:43:04 PM »
Regarding the oscillator destinations, does these include the individual vcas of the oscillators, so that you can do ringmod via the mod matrix? (or Audio Modulation/AM as it was called on the evolvers)

The oscillators as such are the destinations. There is a ring mod in the effects section, though, with selectable waveforms (saw and sine).

With the manual out now, I can see OSC 1-3 level in the destinations, so individual amplitude modulation should very well be possible :)

LoboLives

« Reply #1229 on: January 22, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »

Please be a sequencer please be a sequencer please be a sequencer please be a sequencer please be a sequencer.

Or maybe a guitar synthesizer?

« Reply #1230 on: January 23, 2020, 04:54:22 AM »

A “different kind of musician” could just mean “a big poly synth with no sequencer”.

I’d be fine with that! And given the retirement of the Prophet 12, that would seem an obvious conclusion to jump to. I guess “easier to implement” is a relative term when talking about the creative wizards at Sequential so it is still likely to be something complex and amazing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 04:56:50 AM by Quatschmacher »

« Reply #1231 on: January 23, 2020, 08:45:18 AM »
Please be a sequencer please be a sequencer please be a sequencer please be a sequencer please be a sequencer.

Have you taken a look at Five12’s Vector Sequencer? Here's a Sonic State video with Jim Coker (founder) demoing the Vector Sequencer from last weekend's NAMM. Though initially built for Eurorack, it supports both MIDI and CV well. His Numerology sequencer software is also nice.
Jeff Kellem—Typeface designer, Composer, Pianist, Analog synths, Dancer
ASMAC (American Society of Music Arrangers and Composers) Board Member
https://1403.slantedhall.com/ | https://slantedhall.com/ | https://asmac.org/

jg666

« Reply #1232 on: January 23, 2020, 01:11:34 PM »
Oh dear, I’ve been watching videos from NAMM with Dave talking about the Pro 3. Every time I watch or listen to him I want to buy all his synths  ;D 
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

S Y Z Y G Y X

• WWW.SYZYGYXMUSIC.COM
    • S Y Z Y G Y X
« Reply #1233 on: January 23, 2020, 02:05:56 PM »
I feel the same... Dave just has such a likeable, make-you-buy-all-my-synths, face ;D

Can’t wait to order our Pro 3, next week will have the funds! 

Decided to keep our MEK as well!   
SEQUENTIAL Pro 3, DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet Rev2-8, Moog Subsequent 37, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Novation Bass Station 2, BOSS VE500, MOTU Micro Lite, AKAI APC240 MKII, SSL Fusion, UAD Apollo X6, MacBook Pro 2017, ADAM A7X Monitors, Logic X
www.syzygyxmusic.com
https://syzygy-x.bandcamp.com

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1234 on: January 25, 2020, 05:09:56 PM »
I'll be interested to hear a demonstration that slowly runs through all those digital wave shapes for our ears to hear.

Dave runs through just a few of these wave shapes at the beginning of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UGXbhwtHrY

dizzy

« Reply #1235 on: February 11, 2020, 09:20:24 PM »
I'd like Pro-3 style switchable filters but in an 8-16 voice poly, with a 5 octave keyboard. 

« Reply #1236 on: April 08, 2020, 03:42:00 AM »
I'd like Pro-3 style switchable filters but in an 8-16 voice poly, with a 5 octave keyboard.
Here’s hoping that Dave’s August synth release will deliver on just that; if it does, I’m buying it.

LoboLives

« Reply #1237 on: April 08, 2020, 05:50:43 AM »
Here’s hoping that Dave’s August synth release will deliver on just that; if it does, I’m buying it.

I can't see it being the synth he announces in August but I can see it happening next year.

« Reply #1238 on: April 08, 2020, 04:25:41 PM »

I can't see it being the synth he announces in August but I can see it happening next year.

Why not? And if not, what do you think August's release will be?

LoboLives

« Reply #1239 on: April 08, 2020, 05:04:33 PM »

Why not? And if not, what do you think August's release will be?

"Easier to implement" and "A different kind of musician" I just don't see applying to what is essentially a flagship synth. I just feel it would be a tad odd to release two flagship synths in one year.

What I can see however is a replacement for the MOPHOX4 based on the Prophet REV2 architecture. Just a smaller and simpler four voice poly synth.

As much as I would like to see something radical like a vocoder or guitar synthesizer system or something geared towards "A different kind of musician" I don't think Dave wants to step outside the realm of keyboards anymore (Save for maybe a new drum machine but I can't see him doing it on his own and with Roger Linn already working on a new drum machine I don't think Dave would bother). Maybe "a different kind of musician" simply just means "beginner" or "more affordable". While there may seem like there are plenty of options for that on the market already (Korg Minilogue etc) most of them feature mini keys and I think Sequential offering a USA made affordable four voice poly synth option to their catalog might be a nice addition. Even for people who own higher tier gear like a Prophet 6. Think of it as Sequential's Juno to compliment their Jupiter if you get my drift.