Next New Sequential Instrument

LoboLives

Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #780 on: January 14, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
I'm sure most of you already know this, but Sequential is on the Exhibitor List for 2019 NAMM... Rock On, Dave!

Oh man!! This is gonna be awesome!

Shaw

« Reply #781 on: January 14, 2019, 01:39:10 PM »
I'm sure most of you already know this, but Sequential is on the Exhibitor List for 2019 NAMM... Rock On, Dave!

Oh man!! This is gonna be awesome!
The Sequential booth is listed as "TKAB" -- most others have a booth number.  Nektar Technologies are listed in booth "TKCD".  So perhaps Sequential and Nektar are sharing space in a different room from the main floor?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Shaw

« Reply #782 on: January 14, 2019, 01:48:09 PM »
OK, so "TKAB" appears to be a small booth (or stage?) right outside the main entrance on the First Level. (see attached map)
Also, notice Dave have chosen a spot with an ATM machine right outside.   Convenient!   :)
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #783 on: January 14, 2019, 03:22:50 PM »
It's funny that now we don't even try to guess what sort of instrument Sequential will next release.  Years ago, on the old DSI/Prophet forum, we would all be making our best educated guesses, and some would actually get it right.  Chris or Tracy would post close up images of the instrument on the forum just to add to the sport of it, and we'd rack our brains trying to figure out what it was.  That was fun and exciting. 

« Reply #784 on: January 15, 2019, 02:49:24 AM »
It's funny that now we don't even try to guess what sort of instrument Sequential will next release.  Years ago, on the old DSI/Prophet forum, we would all be making our best educated guesses, and some would actually get it right.  Chris or Tracy would post close up images of the instrument on the forum just to add to the sport of it, and we'd rack our brains trying to figure out what it was.  That was fun and exciting.

I think the last teaser picture we got was from the Rev2, right?

Anyhow, after the last busy year I'd be surprised if there was already a new announcement at the NAMM show. I assume that they will mostly present the PX and PXL.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #785 on: January 15, 2019, 05:33:32 AM »

Anyhow, after the last busy year I'd be surprised if there was already a new announcement at the NAMM show. I assume that they will mostly present the PX and PXL.

Gee, I don't remember the picture of the Rev2.  I thought they stopped that long ago.

It seems as if Sequential/DSI always has an announcement.  And since they will be at NAMM this year, I'm optimistically thinking there may at least be a word and an image about a Prophet 12 replacement.  That's my hope.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 05:52:41 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #786 on: January 15, 2019, 06:17:22 AM »

Fingers crossed that your assumption is wrong. It would seem rather odd if they spent money and travel time to present a synth that’s been reviewed and demoed for almost a year now.

Shaw

« Reply #787 on: January 15, 2019, 06:29:01 AM »

Fingers crossed that your assumption is wrong. It would seem rather odd if they spent money and travel time to present a synth that’s been reviewed and demoed for almost a year now.
Agreed.  Makes no business sense for them to go through the time and effort to just say “hi folks”.

« Reply #788 on: January 15, 2019, 06:29:13 AM »

Rather half a year than a year. And the PXL only started shipping 2 months ago.

In the past, not every NAMM visit went hand in hand with a product announcement. Several instruments (the final Tempest version I believe and certainly a couple of smaller desktop modules) have been announced before or after NAMM, particularly in the DSI days, and those were then presented later at the NAMM show. Keep in mind that neither the PX nor the PXL have ever been publically presented at any NAMM show yet.

Also, the last year was pretty busy with PX and PXL development and loads of firmware updates for older instruments.

« Reply #789 on: January 15, 2019, 06:45:29 AM »
If they're just on a small stage, they may be having some of their partner artists come up to show off the PX/L and make everyone there feel bad about their chops.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

megamarkd

• One day I will fund a vuvuzela marching band.
« Reply #790 on: January 16, 2019, 01:18:08 AM »
I build exhibitions/expos/trade shows/etc for a living/gas and I'm more trying to guess what the stand will look like from the floorplan!  But then again, when I see coverage of shows/events I've not built on the telly I spend more time IDing the main show build company and trying to spot trademark stand designs of custom build companies.  Unfortunately the only tradeshow here that comes close to anything like NAMM is the broadcast tech show....
That position Sequential have is a nice spot as not only will they will get traffic from everyone using ATM next to them (as Shaw pointed out), but as people exit the main show hall via the entry opposite they will hopefully see the stand, not to mention anyone who is visiting the Yamaha display will notice them.  It does look like there is a set of fire stairs next to them, but the elevators are also (another traffic zone).  I think I like my work a little bit too much sometimes ;)

Shaw

« Reply #791 on: January 23, 2019, 05:57:03 AM »
Well, just one more day....
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:58:52 AM by Shaw »

LoboLives

« Reply #792 on: January 23, 2019, 06:50:58 AM »
Well, just one more day....

Fingers crossed!

blewis

« Reply #793 on: January 23, 2019, 12:06:53 PM »
Trying to not get my hopes up (I'm one of those Poly-Pro2 guys (except 2 digital and 2 VCOs))

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #794 on: January 23, 2019, 12:08:38 PM »
I would most like to see a replacement for the Prophet 12 - something big and fairly sophisticated. 

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #795 on: January 23, 2019, 12:21:55 PM »
I'm 99% certain, that the next product is either a PX module, or the P12's takeover...
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #796 on: January 23, 2019, 01:14:07 PM »
That certainly would be to follow the usual pattern. 

« Reply #797 on: January 23, 2019, 01:46:38 PM »
I don't expect the next instrument yet, at least not tomorrow. I suspect it'll be a booth where the PX and PXL are going to be presented, but obviously outside of where the regular booths are located (according to the floorplan).

« Reply #798 on: January 23, 2019, 02:00:30 PM »
Here are the news:

Sequential Debuts Eight New 8Dio Sample Packs for Prophet X at NAMM

"Anaheim, CA—Jan 23, 2019— At this year’s NAMM convention, Sequential will debut eight new add-on packs from sound developer 8Dio for their flagship samples-plus-synthesis keyboard, the Prophet X. The sample packs are focused largely on vintage synthesizers and include the Minimoog Model D, Sequential Circuits T8, Oberheim OBX, ARP 2600, Juno 60, Jupiter 6, Moog Prodigy, as well as a new deep-sampled piano.

The Prophet X has garnered critical acclaim for its sonic versatility and sound design capabilities through its substantial internal library of 150 GB of sample content as well as its ability to import up to 50 GB of additional user samples and add-on content from sound developers.

All sample content can be manipulated by the Prophet X sound engine, which powers two simultaneous sample-based instruments plus two high-resolution digital oscillators, with a full complement of traditional synthesis tools, all processed through analog filters. Dual digital effects and a 64-step polyphonic sequencer round out the package. In standard performance mode, the instrument provides bi-timbral, 8-voice stereo, or 16-voice mono operation. 32-voice performance mode, allows paraphonic filter operation when using a single sampled instrument and oscillator.

'I’m excited to introduce these new Prophet X add-ons from 8dio at NAMM,” commented Dave Smith. They add an interesting vintage slant to a very modern synth. To have these classic instruments available to perform with or to manipulate with the Prophet X synthesis engine makes an already-powerful musical tool even more versatile. '

Dave will be representing Sequential at the NAMM show at Meeting Room TKAB.

The add-ons packs will be available for download from 8Dio’s website at a date to be determined after the show.

Disclamer: All musical instrument manufacturer and product names used in add-on packs by 8Dio are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with 8Dio or Sequential LLC."

Taken from: https://www.matrixsynth.com/2019/01/sequential-debuts-eight-new-8dio-sample.html

Shaw

« Reply #799 on: January 23, 2019, 02:12:33 PM »
Here are the news:

Sequential Debuts Eight New 8Dio Sample Packs for Prophet X at NAMM

"Anaheim, CA—Jan 23, 2019— At this year’s NAMM convention, Sequential will debut eight new add-on packs from sound developer 8Dio for their flagship samples-plus-synthesis keyboard, the Prophet X. The sample packs are focused largely on vintage synthesizers and include the Minimoog Model D, Sequential Circuits T8, Oberheim OBX, ARP 2600, Juno 60, Jupiter 6, Moog Prodigy, as well as a new deep-sampled piano.

The Prophet X has garnered critical acclaim for its sonic versatility and sound design capabilities through its substantial internal library of 150 GB of sample content as well as its ability to import up to 50 GB of additional user samples and add-on content from sound developers.

All sample content can be manipulated by the Prophet X sound engine, which powers two simultaneous sample-based instruments plus two high-resolution digital oscillators, with a full complement of traditional synthesis tools, all processed through analog filters. Dual digital effects and a 64-step polyphonic sequencer round out the package. In standard performance mode, the instrument provides bi-timbral, 8-voice stereo, or 16-voice mono operation. 32-voice performance mode, allows paraphonic filter operation when using a single sampled instrument and oscillator.

'I’m excited to introduce these new Prophet X add-ons from 8dio at NAMM,” commented Dave Smith. They add an interesting vintage slant to a very modern synth. To have these classic instruments available to perform with or to manipulate with the Prophet X synthesis engine makes an already-powerful musical tool even more versatile. '

Dave will be representing Sequential at the NAMM show at Meeting Room TKAB.

The add-ons packs will be available for download from 8Dio’s website at a date to be determined after the show.

Disclamer: All musical instrument manufacturer and product names used in add-on packs by 8Dio are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with 8Dio or Sequential LLC."

Taken from: https://www.matrixsynth.com/2019/01/sequential-debuts-eight-new-8dio-sample.html
I'm quite looking forward to this.   I got the Last Prophet Add-On pack, and those samples are a joy to work with -- they mix well with the onboard OSCs, and thick pads just fall out of the instrument.