« Reply #620 on: April 27, 2018, 08:32:59 AM »

Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #621 on: April 27, 2018, 08:37:21 AM »

« Reply #622 on: April 27, 2018, 09:11:04 AM »

LoboLives

« Reply #623 on: April 27, 2018, 10:15:01 AM »
Hmmm possible sampler, Sequential name back, what sounds like VS waves, and the name "X".

They really do read these forums ;)

« Reply #624 on: April 27, 2018, 10:45:02 AM »
It'll be interesting to see what the sample ingest and playback capabilities are–but it might explain the job posting for a QNX developer within the last year (as one would need some robust real-time filesystem management to load and play large multisample maps).

This would definitely make me re-consider whether a Nord stage instrument was in my future or not, and is also a quite different take on the analogue + digital hybrid (Waldorf Quantum, Korg Prologue, Roland JD-XA, and other great instruments from the past).
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 10:49:27 AM by DavidDever »
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

Sleep of Reason

« Reply #625 on: April 27, 2018, 12:39:59 PM »
X for crossover?

I'm surprised no one mentioned the 16 voice button...

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #626 on: April 27, 2018, 01:19:59 PM »
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

LoboLives

« Reply #627 on: April 27, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »
Instruments by 8Dio!!!

LoboLives

« Reply #628 on: April 27, 2018, 03:32:24 PM »
I'm at a complete loss as to what to expect next. I'm still pushing for one of the following

Prophet 20 with multitimbrality (although this could be tricky with finding a balance between menu diving and a direct hands on experience)

Prophet X (A complete digital synth with boy VS and FM capabilities as well as sampling).....but this could easily happen with an OS upgrade for the Prophet 12 that adds more VS waves and samples from the Prophet 2000 as oscillator shape options.

Much like how the Rev2 is essentially two Prophet 08s under one hood (with a better) layout could we see the same thing happen with the Prophet 6 as sort of a throwback to the Prophet 10? With the OPTION to hook a controller up to the synth and play each engine on separate keybeds as well as the ability to split and layer on a single keybed. With no menu in keeping true to the Prophet 6 tradition and layout.

Would we see an the idea Pioneer AS-1 as an actual successor of the Pro 2 with 4 independent VCO based AS-1 engines under one hood with a fatar keybed allowing 4 different patches and sequences to be played independently? The PRO-4?

More importantly to me....will we ever see the Sequential name on anything again?

I guess I better start buying lottery tickets.

chysn

« Reply #629 on: April 27, 2018, 04:59:14 PM »
Prophet X (A complete digital synth with boy VS and FM capabilities as well as sampling)
More importantly to me....will we ever see the Sequential name on anything again?

Well done!

And what's 8Dio?
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

chysn

« Reply #630 on: April 27, 2018, 05:20:24 PM »
This better come in a three-octave version! <ducks>

But seriously, it looks and sounds amazing. I can't wait to learn more.

The picture, of course, from a synth geek's perspective, is rubbish. It looks like there are enough back-panel labels to support audio inputs as well as outputs.

X for crossover?

Maybe. Or perhaps "cross-fading." The player in the demo is playing with those instrument knobs to bring individual parts in and out. Maybe there's a Wavestation element to the thing.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #631 on: April 27, 2018, 06:12:51 PM »
Prophet X (A complete digital synth with boy VS and FM capabilities as well as sampling)

Well done!

And what's 8Dio?

https://8dio.com/company/history-8dio/
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #632 on: April 27, 2018, 08:30:47 PM »
The now standard DSI synthesizer frame has a wonderfully artful balance to it.  The Prophet X looks much like the Prophet 12 - beautiful to the eyes.  I notice the X has three OLED's and seemingly black wood cheeks.  It will be exciting to see a spec sheet.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 08:32:59 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

dsetto

« Reply #633 on: April 27, 2018, 11:36:47 PM »
...  Or perhaps "cross-fading." The player in the demo is playing with those instrument knobs to bring individual parts in and out. Maybe there's a Wavestation element to the thing.
"X for cross-fading" sounds reasonable

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #634 on: April 28, 2018, 06:22:37 AM »
There is a new thread for the Prophet X, until DSI opens a new section for the instrument.

https://forum.davesmithinstruments.com/index.php/topic,2515.new.html#new

LoboLives

« Reply #635 on: May 13, 2018, 12:54:09 PM »
Yes I know I'm WAY early on this one but I figured now would be a good a time as any. I do firmly believe the next DSI synth is going to be an upgraded Poly Evolver or a completely digital form of synthesis (with VCFs and VCAs of course). I think Dave touched on digital synthesis recently with the Prophet 12 and a bit early with the Poly Evolver. Although there are digital oscillators in the Prophet X I'm speaking more in terms of FM synthesis and Vector Synthesis. Paul Dither's Sequential Waves design really got my mind racing. Perhaps instead of two touch strips on the side, we could get a ribbon controller just above the key bed. Could we get a Joystick? Could we see another collaboration but with John Bowen? Of course the dual effects engine of the P6/OB6 added and of course it has to be Blue lol.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #636 on: May 13, 2018, 07:13:16 PM »
I agree.  Something at least reminiscent of the Poly Evolver will appear.

« Reply #637 on: August 06, 2018, 02:38:18 PM »
I posted my desire for a Rev2-ization of the PEK over in the PEK board. I'd also be happy with something that goes a bit beyond, maybe combining the Modal Animator with VS/Wavestation-style blending of waves, while also providing modulatable wavetables, all with the stereo filters from the PX.

But again, I'd buy the more-voices-and-modulation-and-effects version of the PEK sight unseen.
Prophet 12, Modal 002, MFB Dominion 1, Behringer DeepMind 12D, Korg Polysix & EX-8000, Roland JX-8P, Ensoniq SQ-80, Kawai K3m and now an OB-6!

LoboLives

« Reply #638 on: August 06, 2018, 02:46:30 PM »
I posted my desire for a Rev2-ization of the PEK over in the PEK board. I'd also be happy with something that goes a bit beyond, maybe combining the Modal Animator with VS/Wavestation-style blending of waves, while also providing modulatable wavetables, all with the stereo filters from the PX.

But again, I'd buy the more-voices-and-modulation-and-effects version of the PEK sight unseen.

As long as it's blue lol

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #639 on: August 06, 2018, 06:31:01 PM »

I'd be happy simply to get a Poly Evolver Keyboard in brand new condition to last for the long haul - no feature addition requests at all.