Next New Sequential Instrument

Sacred Synthesis

Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #1460 on: October 03, 2020, 02:05:00 PM »
Tom Oberheim is obviously a dear friend of Dave, and of the guys at Sequential, so anything said about him here will be scrutinized.  I'm sure they also have the highest respect and admiration for his achievements in the synthesizer domain, and rightly so.  They're also protective of him.  I'd say, leave Tom out of the discussions altogether, and just talk about the instruments.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:15:04 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #1461 on: October 03, 2020, 02:13:54 PM »
Tom Oberheim is obviously a dear friend of Dave, and of the guys at Sequential, so anything said about him here will be scrutinized.  I'm sure they also have the highest respect and admiration for his achievements in the synthesizer domain, and rightly so.  I'd say, leave him out of the discussions altogether, and just talk about the instruments.

I agree. That's why I don't talk about what happened publicly anymore. I got enough hate mail last time ;)

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1462 on: October 03, 2020, 02:17:03 PM »
Yes, I remember the video.  Having a public forum is a dangerous and complicated thing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 02:20:29 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

LoboLives

« Reply #1463 on: October 03, 2020, 02:39:36 PM »
Yes, I remember the video.  Having a public forum is a dangerous and complicated thing.

I will say though, it did end on a nice note. Tom apparently called around to see if anyone had any Two Voice Pros in stock and he would personlize it for me. Perfect Circuit Audio contacted me about it....but it was black (I had ordered white), it was a floor model with some wear and tear on it and it was also more expensive than the order I initially placed when it was all said and done. I politely declined. Even if the outcome wasn't ideal I do appreciate that he reached out to try and remedy the situation. It's just sad it took a public spectacle to get to that point.

LoboLives

« Reply #1464 on: October 03, 2020, 02:53:15 PM »
Also just occurred to me. Oberheim has been filing patents/trademarks lately sooooo would it be too much to hope that we may see a new OB-8?
Fingers crossed for another awesome thing I’m too poor to buy! Haha

Nope Gibson screwed Tom Oberheim over. It didn’t make a lot of press but that “gesture of goodwill” giving Tom the Oberheim brand back was banana oil. Behringer already trademarked it so Gibson gave Tom a brand name they didn’t even own as a PR stunt. I honestly think Tom is done making anything sadly.

But he just trademarked "OB-Xa" a few weeks back.  Why couldn't he release one in a collab with Dave like the OB-6?

That’s my fear. Do we really need another reissue?

If I can get a true reissue, with warranty, for a third of what the repair-risk original is going for then I say hell yes, bring me as many as I can afford and have space for.  I won't be able buy all of them probably, but a Prophet-5 and OB-X reissue?   If it took 40 years to get something comparable, what are these new re-issue synths going to be worth 3 decades from now?

An ARP 2600 is something I don't see myself buying...  because I don't think the sound itself brought as much to the music scene as all of the weird creative things that were done with it thanks to the drugs of the 70's :)... it might be a great synth but it's not getting my dollars.

Back to your original point though, you said you don't think there will be any more Oberheims, but then you said you're worried there will be.   Not needling you here, I'm genuinely interested in your position on this.  Can you clarify what you think will realistically happen and why and constrast it for what you would like (or not like) to happen and why?

I’m not going to get into the Oberheim situation with myself here. My original post was removed and honestly the situation was a headache for both parties involved. If you wish to know more you can DM me.

The reason I don’t want to see an Oberheim OBX reissue or even OBXa reissue is because if you look at the history of Sequential’s instruments it’s constantly improving and evolving. From the Prophet 5 to the Prophet 10 to the Prophet T8 it just keeps moving forward...I don’t want to see them suddenly start reissuing classics for the sake of it. As heartwarming as it is it doesn’t move things forward.

Let me put it this way....as much as I would love a reissue of the Prophet 10 in its double keyboard form.....I’d rather see a double keyboard version with two Prophet 6 engines.

PM'd you on the Obie story.

Also, thanks for clarification.  I can definitely understand each of us having an interest in where Sequential is going next... they are a small company and focus in one area takes away from focus in other. 

But I have to say, for those wanting an evolution of the Prophet-5, the Prophet-6 is already that, and since you own one, you know what a special instrument it really is.   So as I see it, Dave has already moved things forward in the analog poly space, but realized there is an increasing market for the sound of vintage gear, and is addressing that market in addition to the advancements that have already been made. 

Some could say the increase in popularity of synthwave itself (which is driving a lot of the demand for analog) is in some ways "going backwards"...  but others who enjoy retro-inspired synth music are saying "thank god that good music is happening again" because it was something tragically knocked off the map for so many decades.

A LOT of people have dreamed of owning a P5 for its signature sound but couldn't justify it.  For that crowd, the ability to switch filter types (Rev 1/2 or 3) and have the option of aftertouch and velocity are huge advancements.  But like music itself, what's desirable in an instrument is always subjective, and pleasing everyone is an impossible goal (and a goal that I hope Dave never tries to pursue, because then such a small company really would lose their focus).

I think my mindset is....it's absolutely fantastic that Dave managed to get the exact circuits and chips and architecture of the original Prophet 5 back...it's great........but could that engine and architecture not be...expanded on? Would it really have be detrimental to add a Poly Sequencer (Which was an accompanying piece to the original Prophet 5 anyway) or make the Prophet 10 bi timbral? The Moog One already jumped the shark...people are paying almost $10K for that thing....why not take the Prophet 5 and say "We have the exact same parts so it is a Prophet 5....but we figured we'd add some treats for you guys. We will include an arpeggiator and poly sequencer on board. For the Prophet 10....we figured 10 voices is awesome...but what would be even better is if you could split those voices and stack them....so instead of just having more polyphony...we added two Prophet 5 engines and made it bi timbral. Would it be more expensive? Sure but it would at least feel new....Like the Prophet REV2 of the Prophet 08....so much was added and improved upon...it felt like a successor. It felt it earned the title of the REV2. Don't get me wrong, the multiple filters is fantastic....and so is the "Vintage Knob".....but I'm just not sure it's really a REV 4 if you get my drift.

LPF83

« Reply #1465 on: October 03, 2020, 03:15:53 PM »
Also just occurred to me. Oberheim has been filing patents/trademarks lately sooooo would it be too much to hope that we may see a new OB-8?

Nope Gibson screwed Tom Oberheim over. It didn’t make a lot of press but that “gesture of goodwill” giving Tom the Oberheim brand back was banana oil. Behringer already trademarked it so Gibson gave Tom a brand name they didn’t even own as a PR stunt. I honestly think Tom is done making anything sadly.

But he just trademarked "OB-Xa" a few weeks back.  Why couldn't he release one in a collab with Dave like the OB-6?

If I can get a true reissue, with warranty, for a third of what the repair-risk original is going for then I say hell yes, bring me as many as I can afford and have space for.  I won't be able buy all of them probably, but a Prophet-5 and OB-X reissue?   If it took 40 years to get something comparable, what are these new re-issue synths going to be worth 3 decades from now?

An ARP 2600 is something I don't see myself buying...  because I don't think the sound itself brought as much to the music scene as all of the weird creative things that were done with it thanks to the drugs of the 70's :)... it might be a great synth but it's not getting my dollars.

Back to your original point though, you said you don't think there will be any more Oberheims, but then you said you're worried there will be.   Not needling you here, I'm genuinely interested in your position on this.  Can you clarify what you think will realistically happen and why and constrast it for what you would like (or not like) to happen and why?

I’m not going to get into the Oberheim situation with myself here. My original post was removed and honestly the situation was a headache for both parties involved. If you wish to know more you can DM me.

The reason I don’t want to see an Oberheim OBX reissue or even OBXa reissue is because if you look at the history of Sequential’s instruments it’s constantly improving and evolving. From the Prophet 5 to the Prophet 10 to the Prophet T8 it just keeps moving forward...I don’t want to see them suddenly start reissuing classics for the sake of it. As heartwarming as it is it doesn’t move things forward.

Let me put it this way....as much as I would love a reissue of the Prophet 10 in its double keyboard form.....I’d rather see a double keyboard version with two Prophet 6 engines.

Also, thanks for clarification.  I can definitely understand each of us having an interest in where Sequential is going next... they are a small company and focus in one area takes away from focus in other. 

But I have to say, for those wanting an evolution of the Prophet-5, the Prophet-6 is already that, and since you own one, you know what a special instrument it really is.   So as I see it, Dave has already moved things forward in the analog poly space, but realized there is an increasing market for the sound of vintage gear, and is addressing that market in addition to the advancements that have already been made. 

Some could say the increase in popularity of synthwave itself (which is driving a lot of the demand for analog) is in some ways "going backwards"...  but others who enjoy retro-inspired synth music are saying "thank god that good music is happening again" because it was something tragically knocked off the map for so many decades.

A LOT of people have dreamed of owning a P5 for its signature sound but couldn't justify it.  For that crowd, the ability to switch filter types (Rev 1/2 or 3) and have the option of aftertouch and velocity are huge advancements.  But like music itself, what's desirable in an instrument is always subjective, and pleasing everyone is an impossible goal (and a goal that I hope Dave never tries to pursue, because then such a small company really would lose their focus).

I think my mindset is....it's absolutely fantastic that Dave managed to get the exact circuits and chips and architecture of the original Prophet 5 back...it's great........but could that engine and architecture not be...expanded on? Would it really have be detrimental to add a Poly Sequencer (Which was an accompanying piece to the original Prophet 5 anyway) or make the Prophet 10 bi timbral? The Moog One already jumped the shark...people are paying almost $10K for that thing....why not take the Prophet 5 and say "We have the exact same parts so it is a Prophet 5....but we figured we'd add some treats for you guys. We will include an arpeggiator and poly sequencer on board. For the Prophet 10....we figured 10 voices is awesome...but what would be even better is if you could split those voices and stack them....so instead of just having more polyphony...we added two Prophet 5 engines and made it bi timbral. Would it be more expensive? Sure but it would at least feel new....Like the Prophet REV2 of the Prophet 08....so much was added and improved upon...it felt like a successor. It felt it earned the title of the REV2. Don't get me wrong, the multiple filters is fantastic....and so is the "Vintage Knob".....but I'm just not sure it's really a REV 4 if you get my drift.

Oddly, I agree with you on some of this even if we differ on our vision of the ideal solution.   For sequencing and modulation options, I think it would be cool of Dave to release an external companion product that interfaces with the P5/P10 (like some of the after market solutions) that provide a control surface, more LFOs, and sequencing and some stuff the original P5 didn't do at maybe a $500 price point.   Just an optional separate box with knobs and buttons that plugs into the P5/10 via USB with matching wood finish and overall appearance, and some FX options (I know there are some aftermarket solutions that are similar for P6/OB6 but I'm envisioning a bit more).

Bi-timbrality on the P10 would indeed be nice, but if you've ever used a Rev2 for example in multi-mode, you know that sometimes simpler is better.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

dmfs

« Reply #1466 on: October 03, 2020, 03:52:10 PM »
Apologiesfor my enthusiastic rambling but here goes-
I ve just placed an order for a P10. I cant wait. Call me a child of the 80s. All ive ever wanted is a Prophet 5/10 an OB8/XA , a Moog Taurus 1  and a LinnDrum. Ive bought a myriad of synths to get close to those sounds. I have a tempest for the Linndrum, and Taurus 3 for the 1, Prophet 08 , an OB 6 and well you get the idea...The P10 will replace the P08 but I will miss it!
Now if they were to release an updated OBXA, Id get that too. Im not a fan of older instruments as they're often expensive to maintain... and modern synths like the Bass Station 2 and Roland JDXA get me close to more vintage sounds ...But to to own a Prophet 5 reissue? - that's just wonderful and a dream come true for me!! Dave Smith and his team are legends! I hope a truly reissued Oberheim surfaces in the future...in the meantime Ill  just keep playing my OB6 !!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 03:53:44 PM by dmfs »
Prophet 12 ,Prophet 10 Rev 4 ,Tempest, Pro3 ,Moog Taurus 3 , Moog Minitaur , K5000s, BSII

LoboLives

« Reply #1467 on: October 03, 2020, 03:59:51 PM »

Oddly, I agree with you on some of this even if we differ on our vision of the ideal solution.   For sequencing and modulation options, I think it would be cool of Dave to release an external companion product that interfaces with the P5/P10 (like some of the after market solutions) that provide a control surface, more LFOs, and sequencing and some stuff the original P5 didn't do at maybe a $500 price point.   Just an optional separate box with knobs and buttons that plugs into the P5/10 via USB with matching wood finish and overall appearance, and some FX options (I know there are some aftermarket solutions that are similar for P6/OB6 but I'm envisioning a bit more).

Bi-timbrality on the P10 would indeed be nice, but if you've ever used a Rev2 for example in multi-mode, you know that sometimes simpler is better.

I’ve used multimode on the Prophet X. Never had an issue.

Bi timbrality does need to be complicated on pure analog gear. Jupiter 8, OBXa, Prophet T8. If anything a bi timbral Prophet 10 might be easier to manage than a Prophet REV2.

LPF83

« Reply #1468 on: October 03, 2020, 04:26:03 PM »

Bi timbrality does need to be complicated on pure analog gear. Jupiter 8, OBXa, Prophet T8. If anything a bi timbral Prophet 10 might be easier to manage than a Prophet REV2.

It might be, and I haven't tried multi-timbrality.  It's not that it's really hard to manage on a Rev2, it's just that I find myself more and more using it to increase the density or complexity of a single patch via layer rather than really as two distinct synths.  That's more of a statement of the issue of juggling two layers and MIDI channels, multi mode on or off, etc via the DAW.   For me it's just way more musical to physically put my alternate hand on another keyboard when I want a different patch...  but maybe I'm old school in that regard.

I felt the same way about multi-timbrality (not just bi) on the Virus Ti2.  On paper it's great but in practice, I found it a fiddly and non-musical detriment to the creation process.
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

LoboLives

« Reply #1469 on: October 03, 2020, 04:35:33 PM »

This is why I truly hope the reported modules are than just desktop versions.  Have the module have poly sequencer and polychaining so it is a companion piece to the P5 rather than just a shrunk down version. It’s also why I think the P10 was a bad idea in its single keyboard form. if it was bi timbral they could have offered a lower manual keyboard that the P10 could sit on and you can midi together and have two entire keybeds to use for each respective engine.

LoboLives

« Reply #1470 on: October 03, 2020, 04:39:44 PM »

It might be, and I haven't tried multi-timbrality.  It's not that it's really hard to manage on a Rev2, it's just that I find myself more and more using it to increase the density or complexity of a single patch via layer rather than really as two distinct synths.  That's more of a statement of the issue of juggling two layers and MIDI channels, multi mode on or off, etc via the DAW.   For me it's just way more musical to physically put my alternate hand on another keyboard when I want a different patch...  but maybe I'm old school in that regard.

I felt the same way about multi-timbrality (not just bi) on the Virus Ti2.  On paper it's great but in practice, I found it a fiddly and non-musical detriment to the creation process.

I wouldn’t say that has anything to do with old school. OBXa and Jupiter 8 were bi timbral and could have two distinct sounds and “old school” players lust after those.

Still...if you want to put your hands on another keyboard....https://youtu.be/H2nPDrC4r9M

LPF83

« Reply #1471 on: October 03, 2020, 05:28:43 PM »

I wouldn’t say that has anything to do with old school. OBXa and Jupiter 8 were bi timbral and could have two distinct sounds and “old school” players lust after those.

Still...if you want to put your hands on another keyboard....https://youtu.be/H2nPDrC4r9M

Yeah but I didn't dig the original P10 design, because it puts a lot of the controls in too much of a "reach forward" position.  When I refer to one hand on each keyboard, I mean different patch and different musical role (like bass and lead for example), and controls within easy reach from the keyboard for that hand.  I'm probably ergonomically weird but my ideal "playing" stance is when both keyboards are vertically on the same plane, but angled perpendicular to each other.  It might sound odd but when playing in that way new musical ideas actually come to me better -- there is something about the physical positioning that transfers to the way my neuron workflow operates.

OBXa and Jupiter 8 are the dreams of many, including myself.  But I personally hope if they ever materialize, the physical keyboard case isn't as huge as the originals.  I think the chances of Roland doing a true Jupiter 8 reissue likely aren't worth discussing at this point, even though we can dream.  The OBXa seems like a realistic possibilty, but if it comes I hope it is in a form factor similar to the Prophet 5.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 05:45:48 PM by LPF83 »

« Reply #1472 on: October 04, 2020, 01:21:42 AM »
Apologiesfor my enthusiastic rambling but here goes-
I ve just placed an order for a P10. I cant wait. Call me a child of the 80s. All ive ever wanted is a Prophet 5/10 an OB8/XA , a Moog Taurus 1  and a LinnDrum. Ive bought a myriad of synths to get close to those sounds. I have a tempest for the Linndrum, and Taurus 3 for the 1, Prophet 08 , an OB 6 and well you get the idea...The P10 will replace the P08 but I will miss it!
Now if they were to release an updated OBXA, Id get that too. Im not a fan of older instruments as they're often expensive to maintain... and modern synths like the Bass Station 2 and Roland JDXA get me close to more vintage sounds ...But to to own a Prophet 5 reissue? - that's just wonderful and a dream come true for me!! Dave Smith and his team are legends! I hope a truly reissued Oberheim surfaces in the future...in the meantime Ill  just keep playing my OB6 !!
Awesome! Please give us a demo as soon as you get it and run it through its paces!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 01:28:27 AM by CoffeePockets »
Prophet 2000, Prophet 6, Prophet 600, Multi-Trak, TOM, Matrix6, Poly61, EX-800, Prologue16, DS-8, DW-8000, DSS-1, Wavestation A/D, M1R EX, JX-3P, D-550, S-550, Alpha Juno1, SY35, DX7, TX7, RX7/11/15/17, ESQ-1, Mirage DSK-8

« Reply #1473 on: October 04, 2020, 01:26:59 AM »

I for one would jump all over an ob8 or obxa reissue. As enthusiastic as I am about the Prophet 5/10, the diehard Prince fan in me has always dreamed of an ob8 and would do some serious gear liquidation to get one. I was excited about the ob6 but when I tested it against my prophet 6 and (I know it isn’t a “real” Obie but) my Matrix6, it just wasn’t dissimilar enough for me to jump. I’ve already convinced myself the prophet 5 needs to come home with me so why not a hypothetical giant matching OB8? Lol
Prophet 2000, Prophet 6, Prophet 600, Multi-Trak, TOM, Matrix6, Poly61, EX-800, Prologue16, DS-8, DW-8000, DSS-1, Wavestation A/D, M1R EX, JX-3P, D-550, S-550, Alpha Juno1, SY35, DX7, TX7, RX7/11/15/17, ESQ-1, Mirage DSK-8

dmfs

« Reply #1474 on: October 04, 2020, 02:49:01 AM »
Yes please bring on the OB8/XA reissue!!!
Ill report back as soon as my P10 lands but its  coming all the way to Australia so it could be some time!!!
Ive been told that Units are shipping but who knows how long?...
Prophet 12 ,Prophet 10 Rev 4 ,Tempest, Pro3 ,Moog Taurus 3 , Moog Minitaur , K5000s, BSII

« Reply #1475 on: October 05, 2020, 10:59:14 AM »
Hello,
I'm a noob, located in the "EU", synth enthusiast, collect and repair vintage synths and keyboards, listen to pretty much everything from "dance music" to film scores and classic. Love music and analogue circuits
and I'd like to comment on the Prophet~5, which I don't actually own. As a matter of fact, I don't even own a Dave Smith instrument yet. I am excited about the announcement though!
It's a bit of a surprise and also confusing a bit. Do we really need the ~5, when there is a ~6 already? The ~6 has got all the original Prophet patches on it and by what I've heard, they are amazing. So it can sound like the ~5 but can go beyond?
And the new Prophet~5 ist just what it always used to be with Midi and an extra knob + 2 Filters to choose from...
I am more the purist, don't actually need a sequencer or onboard FX, so I'd take the new one over the Prophet~6 IF it wouldn't be so expensive!
For the amount I need to pay I could get a vintage one, I believe.
A vintage instrument is pure amazement, when opened and looked at from the inside. New instruments are rather empty... ok, one must not shrink the whole instrument, when miniaturizing the PCB, but then I'd expect to Synth to be much cheaper also. This kind of machine manufacturing has become really cheap these days anyways. Maybe I forget something.
Next, what I'd expect from a synth. There is no synth that does it all and I don't expect that. But also, they are pretty similar. I can try to achieve similar things on every synth, only then I realize what can not be done. That's mostly rated to voice count and sequencer, that's why I perceive some onboard sequencers more like toys than real a real tool. I play around alot with it, but there is no way to program triplets in one line and non triplets in the other (on the poly-sequencer on the Minilogue) for instance).
So, I see the omission of a sequencer actually as a bonus. I have similar feelings about the FX.
Next multi-timbrality. If a synth designer in this day and age REALLY can do something right, then it's to make a polysynth, rather than a mono one AND make it multitimbral, let us program it that way or even better have it fully timbral!
Sequential could probably make that happen, with a bit of an effort. After all it can be programmed and things shouldn't be hard wired.
But software design is expensive, I know and so we see a lot of very basic Midi implementations these days.

So should I get on (save up for one)?Prophet~5 s competition is huge, there are polysynths with much a more modern approach, offering 8 or 16 voices and so on and they cost much less.
Maybe they are not as pure and simplistic and have features, one doesn't need anyway and are a bit more plastic like. But they also might provide the one or other function, that is really killer to have.

One has to be prepared to invest in a new Prophet!

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1476 on: October 05, 2020, 12:01:37 PM »
Putting a host of important issues aside, four reasons strike me as validating a new Prophet-5/10:

1) All new parts for the long-haul
2) Freedom from expensive ongoing vintage instrument maintenance
3) A full warrantee, if there are problems
4) An existent company to service the instrument

And these are only the cold facts.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 12:03:31 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

Shaw

« Reply #1477 on: October 05, 2020, 12:26:11 PM »
Putting a host of important issues aside, four reasons strike me as validating a new Prophet-5/10:

I’d second what @Sacred Synthesis has said and add that the new Prophet 5 is more flexible adding switchable filters, a “Vintage” knob that can “loosen or tighten” the sound to taste, USB midi, velocity and aftertouch.
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

dmfs

« Reply #1478 on: October 05, 2020, 01:21:54 PM »

I’d second what @Sacred Synthesis has said and add that the new Prophet 5 is more flexible adding switchable filters, a “Vintage” knob that can “loosen or tighten” the sound to taste, USB midi, velocity and aftertouch.

Yep totally agree! (Disclaimer - I have ordered a P10)
Id like to add a fifth reason- kind of a 3a and 4a - Aftermarket service. Sequential is nothing short of fantastic in my experience. They are fast, courteous and eager to help you. You can tell that this is a bunch of people that are passionate about what they make and what they do and it shows in every aspect of their company. Ive have things shipped out to Australia and find their response time is excellent.
I bought a very expensive synth brand new from another famous
US Company and have put in the same question in twice to a support page and am still awaiting an answer 4 years later...

LPF83

« Reply #1479 on: October 05, 2020, 01:42:33 PM »
Yep totally agree! (Disclaimer - I have ordered a P10)
Id like to add a fifth reason- kind of a 3a and 4a - Aftermarket service. Sequential is nothing short of fantastic in my experience. They are fast, courteous and eager to help you. You can tell that this is a bunch of people that are passionate about what they make and what they do and it shows in every aspect of their company.

This is one of the reasons the Sequential brand now dominates my hardware synth collection.  The quality and sound of the instrument is paramount and IMO Dave is making the best analog synths these days...but combine that with the quality of people behind the brand, and it is why I'm a repeat customer.