Next New Sequential Instrument

jg666

Re: Next New DSI Instrument
« Reply #1420 on: September 30, 2020, 11:44:12 PM »
Congrats to you both, I'm envious :)
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

« Reply #1421 on: October 01, 2020, 12:26:03 AM »
That's gonna be a sweet combination.  I, for one, am hoping that this DOESN'T lead me down the EuroCrack rabbit hole.  That being said, I have already started mapping out a "Deckard Two-Voice" on Modulargrid.com...   ::)

It doesn't necessarily have to lead down the EuroCrack rabbit hole, something I'm not really interested in either. The Matriarch is pretty powerful within itself, as there are plenty of patching options you can explore before moving on to the next level if needed.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 12:27:40 AM by Paul Dither »

« Reply #1422 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:33 AM »

jg666

« Reply #1423 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:16 AM »
Woohoo, excellent :) Thanks for the heads up.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:18:53 AM by jg666 »
DSI Prophet Rev2, DSI Pro 2, Moog Sub37, Korg Minilogue, Yamaha MOXF6, Yamaha MODX6, Yamaha Montage6

LPF83

« Reply #1424 on: October 01, 2020, 10:16:50 AM »
There you go:

https://youtu.be/1acVKBsctrw

Well, at least now I know what my next purchase will be :)
Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

« Reply #1425 on: October 01, 2020, 10:27:58 AM »
There you go:

https://youtu.be/1acVKBsctrw

Can't find anything about price for the 5 or 10 voice...

jg666

« Reply #1426 on: October 01, 2020, 10:33:22 AM »
Prices are listed on this article towards the bottom

https://sonicstate.com/news/2020/10/01/sequential-re-introduce-the-prophet-5/

« Reply #1427 on: October 01, 2020, 10:39:14 AM »
Prices are listed on this article towards the bottom

https://sonicstate.com/news/2020/10/01/sequential-re-introduce-the-prophet-5/

Thanks.  Out of my range but seems a fair price for what it is.  Fingers crossed I can afford one on the 2nd hand market in a few years.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1428 on: October 01, 2020, 10:40:30 AM »
Today, Shaw is tearing out his hair and his whiskers.  Poor Shaw, with that Matriarch.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:28:12 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

jok3r

« Reply #1429 on: October 01, 2020, 11:16:45 AM »
That's exactly what I didn't hope for... so I don't regret my preorder of the PolyBrute.

Did not legend say, Dave would never ever do such a recreation?
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1430 on: October 01, 2020, 11:26:05 AM »
That's exactly what I didn't hope for... so I don't regret my preorder of the PolyBrute.

Dave said that himself so many times. 

The P-5/P-10 is a wonderful and exciting announcement, but it need not change anybody's well thought-out plans.  If a Polybrute was right for you yesterday, it's still right for you today.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1431 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:19 AM »
Can't find anything about price for the 5 or 10 voice...

At Sweetwater:

- Prophet-5: $3,500
- Prophet-10: $4,300

jok3r

« Reply #1432 on: October 01, 2020, 11:34:56 AM »
If a Polybrute was right for you yesterday, it's still right for you today.

That was not so obvious for me... my kind of luck is that everytime I'm buying something, somebody else comes around the corner with something I want to have much more. This is the first time, that the later anouncment really does not make me regret something.

Besides that I have no need for this Prophet-5/10, I have to admit, that it looks absolutely beautiful (well, like the original did). I like synth that have housings consisting of a lot of wood... not only the side ends.
Prophet Rev2, Moog Matriarch, Novation Peak, Arturia DrumBrute Impact, Korg Kronos 2 88, Kurzweil PC 361, Yamaha S90ES

Shaw

« Reply #1433 on: October 01, 2020, 11:58:12 AM »
Today, Shaw is tearing out his hair and his whiskers.  Poor Shaw, with that Matriarch.

Nah... I adore the Matriarch.

Like everyone else, of course I want one... but trying to figure out if I need one -- or even if I have room for one... My current line-up of analogue synths -- OB-6, Moog One, and Matriarch.   None of which I want to part with.  And I have 3 digital synths... but I just don't have room for one more synth.  Space limitations are a real thing.  Something would need to go.

I could perhaps see myself selling my Prophet 12 to make room for a Prophet 10.   
I do wish it were bi-timbral, but I understand why it isn't.

At any rate... no... the Matriarch is here to stay.  But Kudos to Dave and team on this one.  This is a huge announcement, and I know he is proud.  He should be.  Can't wait to hear more demos of this thing.

@Lobo, you've pre-ordered, right?
"Classical musicians go to the conservatories, rock´n roll musicians go to the garages." --- Frank Zappa
| Linnstrument | Suhr Custom Modern | Mayones Jaba Custom | Godin Multiac Nylon | Roland TD-50 | Synergy Guitar Amps | Eventide Effects Galore |

LoboLives

« Reply #1434 on: October 01, 2020, 12:22:12 PM »

I could perhaps see myself selling my Prophet 12 to make room for a Prophet 10.   
I do wish it were bi-timbral, but I understand why it isn't.

@Lobo, you've pre-ordered, right?

No. It’s one of those things I’m trying to take a step back and go look at from a practical perspective. Much like the Moog Model D reissue. Almost everyone I know who got one admits that they got it as a nostalgic ego trip....which is fine....but also said if they could do it over again, it wasn’t a practical purchase as it was missing a lot of features that they were accustomed to from the Sub 37 and Voyager etc. If I sell my Prophet 6 and get a Prophet 5, I now have to get an external sequencer, external effects, I decrease the number of patches, etc...so what am I gaining from it other than a nostalgic ego trip?

It absolutely kills me the Prophet 10 isn’t bi timbral. I understand it’s based on the single keyboard version but damn...like it was so close...ugh it’s heartbreaking.

LPF83

« Reply #1435 on: October 01, 2020, 12:44:37 PM »

Dave said that himself so many times. 

The P-5/P-10 is a wonderful and exciting announcement, but it need not change anybody's well thought-out plans.  If a Polybrute was right for you yesterday, it's still right for you today.

I honestly didn't think Dave would do a P5 reissue either, which is why the news surprised me (in a good way). 
My reason to believe this wasn't what Dave had said on this particular topic; rather, it was that I've observed Dave enough that I'm aware of the things he likes to avoid, and I think that the inevitable comparison videos which split hairs over the minor differences in sound between the reissue and older synths are something he's not looking forward to.   I believe the "vintage" knob is there for this very reason -- as was his comments about using existing P5s they gathered up for reference with none of them sounding quite the same.

So, while it was the last synth I expected to see announced, I still plan to buy one after the bugs have been worked out.

Prophet 10, OB-X8m, Prophet 6, OB-6, 3rd Wave, Prophet 12m, Prophet Rev2-16, Toraiz AS-1, Pro 2, Virus TI2, Moog SlimPhatty, Hydrasynth desktop, Korg Minilogue XDm, Roland JP-8080, Roland System-8, Roland SPD-SX SE / Octapad, Maschine, Cubase/Ableton/Akai MPC

chysn

« Reply #1436 on: October 01, 2020, 03:52:39 PM »

Wise words, and the idea applies to me with respect to Pro-3. The announcement certainly gave me pause, though, for a few minutes. The price isn’t too bad.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1437 on: October 01, 2020, 05:29:39 PM »
I don't mean to increase your pain, Chysn, but imagine a Pro-3 SE sitting atop a brand new Prophet-5/10.  Oh, all that glorious wood!  Who needs living room furniture when you've got two such instruments?  The guests can sit on drummer's thrones.

chysn

« Reply #1438 on: October 01, 2020, 05:45:47 PM »
I don't mean to increase your pain, Chysn, but imagine a Pro-3 SE sitting atop a brand new Prophet-5/10.  Oh, all that glorious wood!  Who needs living room furniture when you've got two such instruments?  The guests can sit on drummer's thrones.

Maybe someday, after all the kids are out of the house.

I was sort of annoyed that Sequential wasn't putting up Facebook teaser images like they used to. But there's probably not a single part of the Prophet 5 that they could have shown that wouldn't have immediately given it away.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #1439 on: October 01, 2020, 07:12:56 PM »
After the Prophet-6, the Prophet '08 Rev2, and now the Prophets 5/10 Rev4, there's one direction for Sequential to head: the Poly Evolver Keyboard Rev2.  Please!  No more of the "Dave doesn't do re-issues" claim.  Like bananas he doesn't!  Yes, it's time for the great blue monster to be revived.  Just look at this beauty:

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 07:46:21 PM by Sacred Synthesis »