What does it mean when...

What does it mean when...
« on: March 18, 2017, 10:18:05 AM »
You know the little led dot that shows up in the display when you are tweaking a knob and that knob reaches the saved value of that parameter. Well yesterday I noticed this dot was on constantly no matter what I was doing. Changing presets (user and factory) and the dot just remained lit. I was able to make it stop with a power cycle and it hasn't happened since. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)

Re: What does it mean when...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 10:49:09 AM »
You know the little led dot that shows up in the display when you are tweaking a knob and that knob reaches the saved value of that parameter. Well yesterday I noticed this dot was on constantly no matter what I was doing. Changing presets (user and factory) and the dot just remained lit. I was able to make it stop with a power cycle and it hasn't happened since. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks!

It's a bug. Mine does the same.

Basically, what happens is if you edit a patch and set a parameter that makes the dot visible, the dot will normally disappear after a couple of seconds. But if you CHANGE PATCHES while the dot is still visible (in those couple of seconds before it goes away), then the dot remains visible at all times (until you turn a knob to remove the dot).

Re: What does it mean when...
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 10:51:21 AM »

Thanks!

It's a bug. Mine does the same.

Basically, what happens is if you edit a patch and set a parameter that makes the dot visible, the dot will normally disappear after a couple of seconds. But if you CHANGE PATCHES while the dot is still visible (in those couple of seconds before it goes away), then the dot remains visible at all times (until you turn a knob to remove the dot).

Thanks for the info. So not a big deal. I can live with that.
Original Model D <> Sub 37 <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> OB-6 <> Prophet Rev2 8Voice <> Integra 7 <> SE-02 <> Prologue16 <> Triton Le <> Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-55 <> Sound Gizmo

"They're not aliens...they're Americans!"
(The Mouse That Roared, 1959)