Desktop Module Version of REV2?

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
Desktop Module Version of REV2?
« on: March 18, 2017, 02:44:44 AM »
Do not know if this has been answered in other topics, but I'd really like to know if this synth will be available in a keyless version.

[I amended only the title of this thread to reflect the news.

- Sacred Synthesis]
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:51:06 PM by Sacred Synthesis »
If you need me, follow the shadows...

Re: Desktop/rack module version of REV2?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 03:33:51 AM »
It has not been answered yet. Given the typical release policy I'd say it's not unlikely. It may at least take until fall for an official announcement though. After all, the REV2 hasn't been released yet. Plus: We don't know whether anything else is planned to be released before a possible desktop version. In other words: The only way to find out is to look out for the according announcement during the months that follow the REV2's release.

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 04:15:51 AM »
It has not been answered yet. Given the typical release policy I'd say it's not unlikely. It may at least take until fall for an official announcement though. After all, the REV2 hasn't been released yet. Plus: We don't know whether anything else is planned to be released before a possible desktop version. In other words: The only way to find out is to look out for the according announcement during the months that follow the REV2's release.

That is basically what I would think would be the reply actually... but that does not solve my "problem"... reason is, that I'm hovering in between getting either a DeepMind12 or REV2 ... the DeepMind12 desktop has been more or less confirmed by Uli to be for real, and if I do not know about a REV2 desktop before this hits the market... well... too bad, because then I will not be getting a REV2 instead.... I cannot make a choice between two desktop units, where one is not even certain yet ;)

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 04:31:15 AM »
That is basically what I would think would be the reply actually... but that does not solve my "problem"... reason is, that I'm hovering in between getting either a DeepMind12 or REV2 ... the DeepMind12 desktop has been more or less confirmed by Uli to be for real, and if I do not know about a REV2 desktop before this hits the market... well... too bad, because then I will not be getting a REV2 instead.... I cannot make a choice between two desktop units, where one is not even certain yet ;)

Well, from what I've heard the DM12 desktop isn't too certain either. I mean it has been announced to some degree (so had been their Odyssey clone), but it still seems to be far away from a release date. In my view that makes the likelihood of both desktop modules pretty even. Both are also very different synths, whose keyboard incarnations you will already be able to compare side by side once the REV2 hits the stores.

dslsynth

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 04:42:38 AM »
but that does not solve my "problem"... reason is, that I'm hovering in between getting either a DeepMind12 or REV2 ...

My suggestion would be patience. Wait and see what happens. There will always be a new and interesting machine in the future so why hurry?
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 06:03:50 AM »
There is no hurry for me to get either of these synths.... I've been keen on the DeepMind12 for some time, and it will satisfy the needs I have for an analog polysynth with build in FX... but so could the REV2, if a desktop is released... so of course I'm curious as to such a desktop versions availability... how long I can wait is the question here... I might wait for the REV2 if I knew it was coming, even if the DM12 was already released... but if I have no clue if the desktop REV2 will ever see the light of day, I would have to sit and wait forever right? ...

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 06:07:30 AM »
And no! ... Prophet 6 and OB-6 is not an answer to this... they are way too expensive for what they do in my opinion, and have way too few voices for what I need of it... that is why the choice is on DM12 and REV2...

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 12:19:34 AM »
Have you thought of the Parva?

https://futureson.us

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 01:37:06 AM »

A long time ago yes, but honestly, I do not like it's sound... I am just going to wait until something comes up, that suit my needs and has "that sound" ... I've been looking heavily on the coming Dreadbox Abyss as well... really like it's sound, and that it has built in analog FX, but I don't really like it has no MIDI SysEx :D ... I don't know yet... I'm just going to have to wait.... I just thought it would not hurt to ask DSI, if they have plans for a desktop version... Behringer has talked about their desktop version, and even though it's not yet decided if they will release it, at least I've seen photos of what they say is a "working prototype"... that makes me a bit more hopeful...

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 03:22:26 AM »
+100 for the desktop. The OB6M and P6M prices have gone through the roof recently. I remember the P6M was 1999 euros for some time and is now 2399. Hopefully the REV2M will be in a 19" rack form factor (thus not as large as the P6/OB6 modules) 
Would be nice if the REV2M is announced on Superbooth or Musikmesse next month, but even then I guess it could be October before it hits the stores.

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2017, 12:44:52 PM »

A long time ago yes, but honestly, I do not like it's sound... I am just going to wait until something comes up, that suit my needs and has "that sound" ... I've been looking heavily on the coming Dreadbox Abyss as well... really like it's sound, and that it has built in analog FX, but I don't really like it has no MIDI SysEx :D ... I don't know yet... I'm just going to have to wait.... I just thought it would not hurt to ask DSI, if they have plans for a desktop version... Behringer has talked about their desktop version, and even though it's not yet decided if they will release it, at least I've seen photos of what they say is a "working prototype"... that makes me a bit more hopeful...

Just don't get anything without sysex ;)

A desktop REV2 would be a very tempting box though, even better for me would be a rack but that sort of thing is sadly out of fashion nowadays :(

SRT

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2017, 03:27:07 PM »
+1 for Rev2 rack mount to replace my P8 desktop and complement my ob6 desktop. Zero interest in the keyboard version.

Hope they don't take too long with it either or Novation may sway my funds towards a Peak instead.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 03:29:23 PM by SRT »

LoboLives

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
It'll be out later this year. It usually always is. I do wish one year they would just do something different from the established pattern.

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 09:37:21 AM »
Any fact-based whispers about a Rev2 module version? 

Razmo

• I am shadow...
    • Kaleidoscopic Artworks
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2017, 05:21:23 AM »
If DSI follow their usual style, then a module version will be next, probably fall... that has happened before... I can safely say, that I'm getting a PEAK next week, as I have no patience waiting for a REV2 desktop version... but if it shows someday, I may actually get one, unless something more interesting show up... but the only thing that really triggers me wanting it is the 16 voices, and the sequencers built in which unfortunately my P12 does not have... I can certainly say, that if no desktop version is made, I'll never get one... I'm done buying keyboard synths...

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 03:12:36 PM »
I haven't heard a reliable word on this topic.  I'm extremely interested in the Module for obvious reasons, and its existence will alone determine whether or not I make a complete conversion from the Prophet '08 to the Prophet Rev2.  I do hope DSI maintains the exceptional tradition of providing synthesists with both, because remarkable things come from combining a keyboard version with the identical module version.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 03:15:40 PM by Sacred Synthesis »

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2017, 09:43:05 PM »
I'm also waiting for the Rev2 desktop module.  The Rev2m will live side by side my OB6m atop the flat surface of my 6-octave VAXMIDI, which will be the 3rd tier of my gigging rig.  Tier 2 is a 61-key MIDI controller with an Integra 7 on it, and Tier 1 is my Kronos with a Minitaur on it.  No more full keyboard synth purchases for me.
Moog One <> Prophet Rev2 16V <>  Andromeda <> Kronos 61 <> Nord Stage 2 HA76 <> Integra 7 <> Minilogue XD module <> Blofeld desktop <> Behringer Model D <> Minitaur <> Slim Phatty <> Matrix 1000 <> Micron <> Privia PX-5S <>  MODX7 <> TG77 <> ASM Hydrasynth <> Perform VE <> FCB1010

Quai34

• FORMER PROFESSOR AT THE UNIVERSITY OF SAINT-BONIFA
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 03:37:45 PM »
I just bought a Tetra used to make my Prophet 08 a 12 voices synth, I think I will have enough with 6 voices per layer in a split/Stack program...I haven't scratched all the possibility of my P08, so, I don't think I will be buying a REV2 but if I will have to, for sure, it will be the module, I have a P08 and a P12 that have good synth keybed, so, I'm in the same league, no more Keys for me, just modules...
Stage 2, NL2X+TC Pedals, Nord C2, Matrix 1000 X2, Proteus 2000, Prophet 12 & P08//Tetra+Eventide H9, TX802, Roland D50+PG1000, AX5080, AX keytar, Waldorf Streichfett, 2 Yorkville PS-10P, Bass: Ibanez SR1200+G&L L2000. Guitars: G&L Legacy HSS, Asat Blueboys, Asat Deluxe Savanna, Ibanez Artstar AS153

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 03:50:08 AM »
I am in the same boat here, time for an analog poly desktop and happy to wait if there's definitely a Rev 2 desktop with a reasonable timeframe, but without that I'm gonna buy something else.

MasterVe

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 06:07:17 AM »
I was watching a prophet rev 2 clinic
On you tube and the guy says at the end that there will be a Desktop rev 2