Beat Change CC via Octatrack?

Beat Change CC via Octatrack?
« on: March 17, 2017, 01:21:39 AM »
Hi, is it possible to send a beat change control from the octatrack? I guess not, right?

Re: Beat Change CC via Octatrack?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 01:53:00 AM »
Nop

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
I use the general midi channel on the Tempest (default 10) and the pad assignment notes to send beat changes to the Tempest from the Octatrack. You have to nudge the OT trig a few notches before the grid for the everything but the first pattern (ie: to the left) to have the Tempest beat start on time when changing OT patterns. I've only recently switched to this method for live use, but so far it seems pretty sweet.
https://textureandlight.ca (electronic music from inner space)

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 07:48:30 PM »
Hi Trevor,
Can you explain in more detail about the settings in both machines?
I use the general midi channel on the Tempest (default 10) and the pad assignment notes to send beat changes to the Tempest from the Octatrack. You have to nudge the OT trig a few notches before the grid for the everything but the first pattern (ie: to the left) to have the Tempest beat start on time when changing OT patterns. I've only recently switched to this method for live use, but so far it seems pretty sweet.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 02:13:37 AM »
Hi Trevor,

In your Tempest. System - > MIDI Remote Pad Play - > Pad to Note Mode - > Beats
This way, when triggering pads from a remote controller, it controls the "16" beats mode of the pads.

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 04:50:06 AM »
Dang!How i missed that...
Thanks Joosep ;-)
Hi Trevor,

In your Tempest. System - > MIDI Remote Pad Play - > Pad to Note Mode - > Beats
This way, when triggering pads from a remote controller, it controls the "16" beats mode of the pads.