Key Follow on Osc 3/4 Sequencing Issue

Key Follow on Osc 3/4 Sequencing Issue
« on: March 14, 2017, 09:37:16 PM »
hello!

i'm hesitant to post this in the 1.4.5.1 bug report thread firstly because maybe it's my fault, secondly because if it isn't my fault that's more depressing, all things considered lately!

the bug step by step:

1. i program a sound to have osc 3 set to key follow (e.g. a sub sine) but osc 4 set NOT to key follow (e.g. a kick transient).

2. all things are fine when i play the pads – osc 3 tracks and osc 4 stays at the set frequency.

3. all things appear fine when i play the part into the sequencer!

4. when the sequencer plays back the pattern, all the sudden osc 4 is tracking pitch! key follow is still unchecked in the oscillator window – it's just tracking automatically.

any thoughts or advice appreciated! for any pitched percussion sounds using the digital oscillators this is a nightmare.

i wish i could remember when i noticed this bug. somewhere between the update to key follow and the latest os.

thank you and all best!
nick

Re: Key Follow on Osc 3/4 Sequencing Issue
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 10:08:22 PM »
if anyone still has Tempest_Main_1.4.2.1b sysex, i would be grateful for a share! i think that was the last time i was able to use key follow on the digital oscillators.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 10:19:44 PM »
i reinstalled the OS and this seems to be working now ok (fingers crossed). sorry for false alarm!

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 10:24:29 PM »
nope nevermind! still not working. please tell me i'm doing something wrong and that this is not some bug that's reappeared...

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »
if anyone still has Tempest_Main_1.4.2.1b sysex, i would be grateful for a share! i think that was the last time i was able to use key follow on the digital oscillators.

Hi godmodeinternet,

Tempest_Main_1.4.2.1b attached as requested.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 10:26:52 AM »

Hi godmodeinternet,

Tempest_Main_1.4.2.1b attached as requested.

thank you!

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
hello!

i'm hesitant to post this in the 1.4.5.1 bug report thread firstly because maybe it's my fault, secondly because if it isn't my fault that's more depressing, all things considered lately!

the bug step by step:

1. i program a sound to have osc 3 set to key follow (e.g. a sub sine) but osc 4 set NOT to key follow (e.g. a kick transient).

2. all things are fine when i play the pads – osc 3 tracks and osc 4 stays at the set frequency.

3. all things appear fine when i play the part into the sequencer!

4. when the sequencer plays back the pattern, all the sudden osc 4 is tracking pitch! key follow is still unchecked in the oscillator window – it's just tracking automatically.

any thoughts or advice appreciated! for any pitched percussion sounds using the digital oscillators this is a nightmare.

i wish i could remember when i noticed this bug. somewhere between the update to key follow and the latest os.

thank you and all best!
nick

Hey godmodeinternet,

Okay, so I tested this using the most recent beta and several earlier incarnations, and the 'Key Follow' functionality is indeed broken... Again (sigh).

I'm not sure when that happened to be honest.  I thought we had this issue fixed.  I failed to notice this during my initial tests because I was only playing sounds live via the pads and didn't think to record a pass to the sequencer at the time...

Anyway, thanks for finding and reporting this bug.  I've passed this on to Roger Linn; though I can't say whether DSI will choose to fix it or not.

Cheers!

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2017, 09:47:21 PM »
thanks john!

relieved to hear i'm not crazy.

just in case anyone else needs this functionality, it's working in 1.4.2.1, graciously posted above, which is pretty stable for the most part.

getting this fixed along with properly synced LFOs and i'll be thrilled. i'm hopeful.

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2017, 10:22:19 PM »
thanks john!

relieved to hear i'm not crazy.

just in case anyone else needs this functionality, it's working in 1.4.2.1, graciously posted above, which is pretty stable for the most part.

getting this fixed along with properly synced LFOs and i'll be thrilled. i'm hopeful.

Thanks, that will save me going back through every iteration to determine that I'm not crazy (smirk)...

I knew it had been fixed at some point.  Argh!

Cheers!