New track, Evolver-based

New track, Evolver-based
« on: March 14, 2017, 05:22:24 AM »
An Evolver-driven track, with Prophet 6, Juno 6 and Mellotron M400 as well. The Evolver is doing the the main midi-sequenced bits and also the "Turkish" scribbles. P6 and Juno 6 often doubled up playing other melodic lines. Mellotron M400 doing choir and flute. I still feel I'm barely scratching the surface with the Evolver - with this track I simply grabbed a couple presets and tweaked them a few feet to the left etc. But the SOUND of that machine, right?
Cheers!
https://soundcloud.com/anton-barbeau/plonkee-trawl-mix-3-no-vx/s-Mr4Jw

chysn

Re: New track, Evolver-based
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 06:39:25 AM »
That's great. The Evolver can definitely stand up to stuff in a mix.
Prophet 5 Rev 4 #2711

MPC One+ ∙ MuseScore 4

www.wav2pro3.comwww.soundcloud.com/beige-mazewww.github.com/chysnwww.beigemaze.com

he/him/his

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 07:11:37 AM »
Cheers, Chysn - Evolver can dominate, like it does on this track, or sit politely. I'd forgotten that the Evolver is also playing some of the melodic P6/Juno lines, hanging back and reenforcing. It's almost too easy to fit the Evolver in anywhere, way out in front or hidden away. Of all my synths, I admit the P6 is the one I struggle most with. I'm surprised how much finessing is sometimes needed to get things sitting in the right place. On this track, though, the P6 is doing pretty broad-stroke stuff, bright and brassy, very easy on the ears.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 12:16:44 PM »
Nice.   :D

And I like this statement - "The flute sound is real-deal Mellotron M400."  It's like "real simulated wood grain sides".   8)

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 12:18:12 PM »
And who has a mellotron anymore?  Cool deal- yours or the studio?
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 01:46:05 PM »
And who has a mellotron anymore?  Cool deal- yours or the studio?

Not mine! I'm not even sure I can say I *wish* it was mine, given my complete non-tech nature. There's a guy in Berlin with a small room full of gear - Solina, OB-8, Jupiter 6 etc. He's had the Mellotron for years, I guess. So I book an hour once every few months and put a couple bits down.

I have the Mtron software from GForce and use it often, but ain't nothing like the real thing! The clunk of the machine when you first turn it on, then the smell of the oil warming with the gears...

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 01:49:09 PM »
Nice.   :D

And I like this statement - "The flute sound is real-deal Mellotron M400."  It's like "real simulated wood grain sides".   8)

Ha! I had a friend come over this weekend and overdub actual proper real flute on top of another Mellotron flute track. Kind of a head trip, somehow, especially as there was an Mtron software flute in the mix. Every need catered to, I guess!