Forum Attitude

LucidSFX

• Drifting is fun with cars not with MIDI Clock.
    • Soundcloud
Forum Attitude
« on: March 11, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »
Ever since DSI and RL announced the final beta, forum members seem to be turning on each other. I suggest this energy be directed towards DSI to fix things once and for all.

Suggestions?

LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

Stoss

Re: Forum Attitude
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
1) Read the old forum. There are literally years worth of conversations that you need under your belt to really get what's going on here.

2) Forum users are not turning on each other. Some have no clue what is going on here and need to perform task number (1) to understand what is up.

3) DSI has just announced that they will not "fix things once and for all" because they are incapable. The energy for the that "one last push" is what we've been doing for the last entire year.

Out of curiosity LucidSFX, how long have you owned your Tempest? How long have you been a member of this "official" forum? Were you a member of the old forum? Your positivity is nice, but if you haven't been through this, you don't really know what is actually happening here.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 09:09:17 PM »
Hey Stross, I was not a part of the old forum. I owned the T for under a year. I also do not  dispute the longevity of this forum's ridiculous beta testing period and recognise the insane effort of our group to fix and report. I held off purchasing the T until the petition kicked DSI in gear. I have been quite active since I joined and noticed the general shift in disposition against forum members.

I dont want to see this forum which has been excellent since I joined degenerate into name calling and telling people off. Especially to the admins who do this for free. Frankly, none of us have any rights here. The legal right to post on a public forum doesnt exist. There is no such law that would uphold in court to defend a forum user based on the charge of being banned/censored etc.

To get back on point... the more it gets out of hand, the more DSI/RL would be happy to just let the T die off.

Besides, who are we really upset with?

Stross, I know you have been extremely vocal and helpful to the forum. What can we do to boot this into high gear? Another petition?

I sent a support ticket to DSI to fix the LFO sync. I will also be mailing a letter (go figure), and call them directly but I am in a middle of a move right now to the west coast. I only hope we can stay focused on the real issue at hand.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 09:13:24 PM by LucidSFX »
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest
VirusTI2
RME UFX
Adam A7
SP2400 (on order)
Glenlivet 18yr scotch

dsetto

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 11:27:42 PM »
I know I've been vocal recently & protective. I am mostly unaware of the details of the history of the post-natal development of Tempest. I kept tabs here and there. I had a vague sense there was some frustration, but didn't concern myself with the details. I finally found myself in a situation where I played it a lot. I liked it a lot, and decided it was my next. I still didn't move on it. ... And then, I was ready for it. And in conjunction, with that, I saw this push was in full force. I thought it was amazing that this forum was communicating with Roger who was working with the DSI crew to address outstanding issues.

I am grateful to all the shoulders I stand on. To each and every user who in small and larger ways contributed to bettering this drum instrument.

The primary purpose of my communications related to this subject are to support as I see fit, getting what I want. And I believe what I want is what DSI has stated is now working.

My primary agenda is ensuring all fundamental SPP matters are functional. Or more specifically, making sure I can use it fully as a drum production machine, and have it synced up to the major DAWs.  I am nowhere near exploring the synthesis aspects; and as such, I shut up on those matters.

While I do apologize for my ignorance, I stand by my approach for it's how I believe I can most get what I want.

Stoss

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2017, 08:57:21 AM »
What can we do to boot this into high gear? Another petition?

I sent a support ticket to DSI to fix the LFO sync. I will also be mailing a letter (go figure), and call them directly but I am in a middle of a move right now to the west coast. I only hope we can stay focused on the real issue at hand.

Hi LucidSFX.

The highest gear this has ever been in was when John was working directly with Roger over the last year and Roger did all he could to persuade "The Dave" to allow Chris to work on this. That's the best it can get. "The Dave" has decided this project is complete. I honestly don't know what would motivate "The Dave" to do the right thing here. Potential damage to the reputation of company seems to not quite do it for him... cause he can always just remind you that he invented MIDI. (In case you hadn't heard... it's a big fucking deal.)

Let me know how Carson responds to an LFO Sync support ticket. I'm honestly curious how he will handle that. Such an awkward position for him to be put in.

LucidSFX

• Soundcloud
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2017, 01:53:39 PM »
Crazy. Will definately post response.
LucidSFX

-----------------------
current hybrid setup
-----------------------

2 x Technics 1200 MK7
Allen & Heath DB4
Allen Heath K2
Tempest