MIDI Clock "nSS" Arp Issue

MIDI Clock "nSS" Arp Issue
« on: November 02, 2015, 05:49:01 PM »
I'm trying to have the arp on my Prophet 6 synced to Ableton's clock. I would like it to receive the clock but not automatically start the saved sequence or arp, so "nSS" mode fixed this just fine. The idea is to just switch on the arp and not even worry about it being out of sync by receiving Ableton's clock.

The manual says, "When set to IN or SLAVE THRU, if no MIDI clock is present at the selected input, the arpeggiator and sequencer will not function."

Am I doomed?

Re: MIDI Clock "nSS" Arp Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 11:23:48 AM »
Hi jhatzia-

If I recall correctly, Ableton only transmits MIDI Clock when the sequencer is playing back. You should be able to achieve what you are trying to do with the MIDI Clock global on your P6 set to nSS, as you mentioned, you'll just need to start playback in Ableton, first.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2015, 08:24:33 AM »
Awesome! It is working now! Sure enough you have to start Ableton to get it to send Clock. However, I have noticed that sometimes it gets stuck and I have to power cycle my Prophet to get this feature to work again.

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 01:20:33 PM »
It's difficult to offer troubleshooting advice without a better idea of how you have your system configured. Please get in touch with technical support, and we'll help you get it sorted out: http://www.davesmithinstruments.com/support/contact-support/
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 11:06:59 PM »
Hi jhatzia-

If I recall correctly, Ableton only transmits MIDI Clock when the sequencer is playing back. You should be able to achieve what you are trying to do with the MIDI Clock global on your P6 set to nSS, as you mentioned, you'll just need to start playback in Ableton, first.
Hi,

I'm new here and running into the same exact issue. Ableton sees my prophet-6 and I have sync set to on and n55 selected in Globals, but when I start ableton, the prophet arpeggiator still doesn't work. Is there something else I'm missing? I've also restarted both the prophet and Ableton multiple times and in different orders with still no luck.

Thanks,

gram