Oscillators through CV outs?

Oscillators through CV outs?
« on: March 05, 2017, 05:07:36 AM »
I don't have a Pro 2 yet, but I'm hoping that will change in the next couple of months! I've got one question though - the oscillators can each be used as a modulation source, so is it then possible to route one or more of them through the CV outs and then use them as an external sound source in a modular system (for example)?

From reading the manual, I can't see why this wouldn't be possible, but I can't seem to find anything online that supports this. Thanks for your help :-)

Re: Oscillators through CV outs?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 05:25:20 AM »
From p76 in the manual: set the Mod Source (Appendix A) to Osc 4, for example, and set the Destination (Appendix B) to Ext CV Out 1–then you're off and running. The Pro-2 does audio-rate modulation through the CV ins and outs.

Trust me, you'll enjoy the Pro-2–it's my go-to synth, and well worth the wait....
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:27:50 PM »
How much can it be utilized in FM synthesis?

(I am breaking down my choices, since I've obviously purchased the most expensive synth first..)
KorgR3;DSI OB-6;Yamaha Reface DX;&CP
VST's:FM8,Dexed,DaHornet,PlogueChipSounds,
Anticipated $$$:
Synth: OberheimTVP, Arturia MatrixBrute, KorgMS20m, Korg Arp Rev1/2FS,(DSI Pro2;Rev2;vs Atmultitron)
Akemie's Castle, Make Noise 0-coast, Odytron
OtherModularSuggestions??
+Line6Helix

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 07:41:25 AM »
How much can it be utilized in FM synthesis?

(I am breaking down my choices, since I've obviously purchased the most expensive synth first..)

I imagine any modulation to the oscillators will be apparent though Pro2 FM is only exponential I believe.