Every 5th note sounds strange/different

Re: Every 5th note sounds strange/different
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 12:57:20 AM »
By holding down the "manual" button and pressing #3.
WARNING: do that at your own risks. You will need to call the calibration many many times after that, at various temperatures, in order to fill the table again.

Thanks Alain, that cleared it!
The bingoviews.com website.

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2018, 01:53:54 AM »
Hello,

I have a probleme with a voice on my OB 6, I allready sent a message to the support of DSI but until they respond does anyone know the procedure to know the faulty voice and how to remove It so I can have the OB6 with only 5 voices until I receive the new card ?

Thxx

Emile

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Hello,

I have a probleme with a voice on my OB 6, I allready sent a message to the support of DSI but until they respond does anyone know the procedure to know the faulty voice and how to remove It so I can have the OB6 with only 5 voices until I receive the new card ?

Thxx

Emile

Hello Emile, and welcome. If you take a peek inside the casing, on the back thru the vent holes, you'll see a red LED lighting up next to the active sound card each time you press a note. Unfortunately, I don't know how, or even if it's possible at all, to temporarily disable a (defective) voice via some button combination. Sorry.
DSI support shouldn't take long to reply, though... Keep us posted.

EDIT: oops, those vent holes are only present on the Module (desktop) version, or so it seems by looking at pictures of the back of the keyboard version of the OB6. I've got the desktop version.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 10:20:58 AM by AlainHubert »
Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2018, 05:46:34 PM »
Voice Defeat:
* Press and hold a key when you arrive at the voice you want to defeat, then hold Portamento and hit Hold. That voice gets ignored until power off.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2018, 10:55:12 PM »
Thanks Robot Heart. Another useful tip to add to the "secret features" list of the OB6, in case of a voice card gone bad, until a replacement arrives from DSI (provided that they have been contacted about it, of course ;)).

Oberheim OB-X8, Minimoog D (vintage), OB6 (Desktop), Oberheim Matrix-6 (MIDI Controller for OB6), VC340

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2018, 03:15:02 PM »
Turned out to be a faulty voice card. Received a new one from DSI and issue was gone.
Congrats on getting a working OB6 again. Frrom your description of what happened at calibration, that gives us a clue as to what to look for if we have a faulty voice card. If voice 5 is bad, calibration indicates it.
Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.