Trying to save a beat, but its not stored.

Trying to save a beat, but its not stored.
« on: February 28, 2017, 02:58:02 PM »
Hi,

i have the following problem, i try to store a beat - its now 3 bars long, i extended it to a fourth bar, and tried to save the beat - unfortunatley the beat isnt stored, after i reboot the Tempest, it still has 3 bars instead of 4 in my beat. Also the sound settings are not stored. (But the menu said, everything worked.) I tried to modify one of the factory 808 kits, and the first time it worked. (because i have a basic beat going on which i modified in an earlier session.) Now i want to refine the sounds, but it seems to not save the changes. Is the factory kit write protected ?
A4, Octatrack, RYTM, P12, Tempest. Sub37. A&H Qu Pac

Re: Trying to save a beat, but its not stored.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 03:54:48 PM »
Hi,

i have the following problem, i try to store a beat - its now 3 bars long, i extended it to a fourth bar, and tried to save the beat - unfortunatley the beat isnt stored, after i reboot the Tempest, it still has 3 bars instead of 4 in my beat. Also the sound settings are not stored. (But the menu said, everything worked.) I tried to modify one of the factory 808 kits, and the first time it worked. (because i have a basic beat going on which i modified in an earlier session.) Now i want to refine the sounds, but it seems to not save the changes. Is the factory kit write protected ?

Two possible common mistakes come to mind:

1.  You're accidentally saving the modified beat to a different folder, effectively creating a duplicate, but otherwise loading the original each time you return to your work.

2.  You're not saving the 'project' that you're working within.  Every time you reboot the Tempest it will load the last project file you were working on, which will contain the original beat files, unmodified, unless the entire project was saved after you made the changes.

Cheers!

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 12:29:41 AM »
That means if i save a beat, the project is not automatically updated with the saved version of the beat. Essentially the project is a full copy of everything, and the beat is one "pattern" to save which i then can load to a different project if i wanted to. That clarifies it for me, thanks a lot.
A4, Octatrack, RYTM, P12, Tempest. Sub37. A&H Qu Pac

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:37:36 PM »
That means if i save a beat, the project is not automatically updated with the saved version of the beat. Essentially the project is a full copy of everything, and the beat is one "pattern" to save which i then can load to a different project if i wanted to. That clarifies it for me, thanks a lot.

That's correct.  And the same is true of the sounds within each beat: i.e. if you modify a sound, you can save it as a sound only, or save the beat containing the modified sound, or save the project containing that beat with the newly modified sound, etc.

Cheers!

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 01:22:43 AM »
Tempest Tutorials: File Management
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNILPj4D1zY