Release date?

Jason

• Bandmix
Re: Release date?
« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2017, 04:25:14 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I just ordered one from World of Stereo in San Francisco.
Regards,
-Jason

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2017, 05:36:48 AM »
Guitar Center has these now In stock available for shipping. Might be some in a local GC store too.

« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
Delivery has occurred! Sadly I had to sprint back to work after signing for it. #31 I think. It's going to be a longgggggg day

Gerry Havinga

• Really enjoying creating sounds and composing.
    • For the love of electronic music
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2017, 09:13:33 AM »
Delivery has occurred! Sadly I had to sprint back to work after signing for it. #31 I think. It's going to be a longgggggg day

Nice! Please post your impressions and some sound clips if you can ;-).

We will have to wait here in the Netherlands a bit longer, sweet desires .......
DAW-less and going down the Eurorack rabbit hole.

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2017, 09:23:11 AM »

oh man, have to wait two more days; time is sooo sloooow for those who wait...

there are Rev2s out in the wild now -- looking forward to seeing how different people use it in different ways, though it seems the videos are slow coming too.

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2017, 09:28:40 AM »
there are Rev2s out in the wild now

Well it takes some time to tame the mighty beast  8).

Very very much looking forward to discovering the creative potential.

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2017, 10:29:30 AM »

Nice! Please post your impressions and some sound clips if you can ;-).

We will have to wait here in the Netherlands a bit longer, sweet desires .......

I can tell you this from the ten minutes I did spend with it, It was quite a nice sound. Sadly I don't have my original P08 to compare it to. BUT it compared to my DeepMind 12, the Rev2 just felt a lot more upfront. I'm going to try and livestream and take any questions/turn whatever someone would like, or just record some clips.

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2017, 10:38:38 AM »
I can tell you this from the ten minutes I did spend with it, It was quite a nice sound. Sadly I don't have my original P08 to compare it to. BUT it compared to my DeepMind 12, the Rev2 just felt a lot more upfront. I'm going to try and livestream and take any questions/turn whatever someone would like, or just record some clips.

That would be great if you could. Let me know whan you start / post, please take into account that I am in CEST zone (Netherlands).

For me the choice was between the DM12 and the Rev 2. I am convinced now the Rev 2 will be the right choice (I have one on order), even if is just because of both sequencers. Also my own son and two shops in two countries discouraged me to buy the DM12. But hearing what Sacred Synthesis is capable of creating with the Prophet 8, I have no doubts anymore about the Rev 2.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 10:41:50 AM by Gerry Havinga »

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2017, 05:03:16 PM »
Hi all.  I pre-ordered my Rev 2 from Kraft Music on May 15th and got the call that my unit was shipping out today with delivery expected on Friday of this week.

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2017, 07:29:54 AM »
Guitar Center has these now In stock available for shipping. Might be some in a local GC store too.

Unfortunately, I preordered from GC mid-February...  I'm still waiting for my Rev2 to make it to the Midwest.  Estimated delivery is June 7th and I have never been more anxious in my life.

Devourer

« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 12:03:23 PM »
Got mine coming from Kraft this upcoming Tuesday. This will be my first synth in about a decade. Unfortunately I sold my KRK monitor way back and just spent all my cash on the Rev2. Question, can I get away with using a Harman/Kardon computer speaker/sub with 1/4" adapter? I mean, I don't see why not... The KRK is 25 watts and the Harman/Kardon is 20 watts.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 12:09:12 PM by Devourer »

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2017, 08:03:12 PM »
Question, can I get away with using a Harman/Kardon computer speaker/sub with 1/4" adapter?

Congrats on your new synth! I would think that if your computer speaker has a line in, and you have the appropriate adapter, it should work fine. May have to keep your master volume down a bit on the synth, though.
DSI Pro 2 | Yamaha MODX 6 | Volcas: FM2/Kick  | Roland JU-06A | 104HP Eurorack | Arturia Drumbrute Impact | Eventide H9 | EHX Grand Canyon | iPad

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2017, 03:35:13 AM »
If you want to watch me noodle terribly and listen to anything this is the channel I'll do it on. I'll be on for a bit this morning (Eastern USA), then can get back later possibly as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTE81krTNMdsbBh7c_uuFMA

« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2017, 04:40:17 AM »
Hello - I'm new here <waves>.

I've just received an email about my pre-order from Andertons in the UK.  They're expecting their order on or around the 20th of June.

The next three weeks will go very slowly...

DSI: P12M, Rev2-16.  Roland: JV-2080, JX-03, JU-06, JP-08, TR-08, TR-09, Moog Subsequent 37, Alesis QSR, E-Mu Proteus 2000, Novation Mininova, Yamaha Reface DX, Marshall JMP-1, Boss GX-700, Oberheim GM 400, mostly Yamaha guitars apart from a Fender Telecaster.  Oh, and lots of cables.

« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2017, 08:48:35 AM »
Hello - I'm new here <waves>.

I've just received an email about my pre-order from Andertons in the UK.  They're expecting their order on or around the 20th of June.

The next three weeks will go very slowly...

Yeah. I was in there earlier today and that was the date mentioned to me too.

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2017, 12:23:46 PM »
If you want to watch me noodle terribly and listen to anything this is the channel I'll do it on. I'll be on for a bit this morning (Eastern USA), then can get back later possibly as well.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTE81krTNMdsbBh7c_uuFMA

Really fantastic jtweito thank you! Don't worry about playing style, just have fun with the instrument ;-).

As I am not personally familiar with the original Prophet 8, I'd love to hear the sequencers in action and of course the effects. It would be great if you could demo a basic patch with that. 

« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2017, 08:56:15 AM »
Thanks! I'll try and make a quick video with the effects and the sequenecer. If you haven't seen Once Upon A Synths effect video, it's awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0lpD7oEwc4

Most likely I'll do a video with just the INIT Patch and do that, just so everything is raw.

Gerry Havinga

« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2017, 09:08:28 AM »
Thanks! I'll try and make a quick video with the effects and the sequenecer. If you haven't seen Once Upon A Synths effect video, it's awesome. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0lpD7oEwc4

Most likely I'll do a video with just the INIT Patch and do that, just so everything is raw.

Great, whenever I am in your neighbourhood I buy you a pint or equivalent ;-).  I am eagerly searching Google every day for news on the Prophet Rev 2. As someone already said it will be a long wait, ha ha. As far as I can see (except for Dave Smith himself on the shows and announcements), you and Once Upon a Synth are the first.

« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2017, 09:33:58 AM »
Great, whenever I am in your neighbourhood I buy you a pint or equivalent ;-).  I am eagerly searching Google every day for news on the Prophet Rev 2. As someone already said it will be a long wait, ha ha. As far as I can see (except for Dave Smith himself on the shows and announcements), you and Once Upon a Synth are the first.

Maybe i'll post some videos; not really impressed with the effects, but everything else is awesome. Using an empress reverb on it and it sounds amazing.

« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2017, 11:55:14 AM »
Maybe i'll post some videos; not really impressed with the effects, but everything else is awesome. Using an empress reverb on it and it sounds amazing.

I found a little bit of the Phaser 2 (low resonance) or the Maestro Phaser worked wonders on the Prophet 6.  Delays were Ok on the P6 but I always used external reverb.