Release date?

dslsynth

Re: Release date?
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2017, 01:20:05 PM »
Exactly! While the program formats are different because of the new features the Rev2 OS knows how to transforms Prophet '08 programs into its own format.

I think the root cause of the problem is that the process is only partially described in the manual as the user have to work out the rest by himself/herself.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2017, 08:55:58 AM »
You can absolutely dump programs from the Prophet '08 directly to the Rev2 using a MIDI cable. You do not have to specify a certain format.

You do need to have both machines configured properly: MIDI SysEx is ON in the Prophet '08, the Rev2 MIDI SysEx is set to MIDI (not USB), the MIDI channels on both machines match, and you connect the MIDI cable to the Prophet '08 MIDI Out to Rev2 MIDI In. Dump a single program, an entire bank, or all banks. The Rev2 will accept the transfer.

That's excellent news! Hopefully I will have success this evening. I've done dumps countless times between the '08, the module, and the Tetra. But I did not change anything on the Rev2, and so it is probably set to USB.

Jason

• Bandmix
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2017, 02:43:11 PM »
Success! I checked the Rev2, and all the settings were correct. So instead of trying directly again with the '08, I first dumped the banks into the Tetra... and then dumped them from the Tetra into the Rev2. That worked immediately with no issues. So, I don't know what wrong before... and I'm not curious enough to try it again from the '08.

As advertised, I think the Prophet '08 patches sound identical in Rev2. Well done DSI.

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2017, 03:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the report! I'm curious how Tetra programs would sound in the Rev2. But maybe it's a moot point.
DSI Pro 2 | Yamaha MODX 6 | Volcas: FM2/Kick  | Roland JU-06A | 104HP Eurorack | Arturia Drumbrute Impact | Eventide H9 | EHX Grand Canyon | iPad