Noise when changing the preset, and heavy detune of osc. when using alt.tuning

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've been a proud&happy owner of a OB-6 for about a month, I do have a few question, though:

-When I change a preset, or a patch, I do hear very often the noise of either delay or whatever the change of the sound is, of the next preset, especially if the previous sound is having a long release. Here's a little mp3 as an exemple (STE-007).

-Second question concerns the alternate tuning: when using a sound having both oscillators tuned into unison, certain alt. tunings detunes heavily not only the note, which is normal, but the unison between the oscillators...? especially the alternate tunings No. 1,5,6 & 15... another mp.3 exemple (STE-008)

Is this normal, doctors?

Thank you

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 06:19:35 AM by banjo zee »

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen,

I've been a proud&happy owner of a OB-6 for about a month, I do have a few question, though:

-When I change a preset, or a patch, I do hear very often the noise of either delay or whatever the change of the sound is, of the next preset, especially if the previous sound is having a long release. Here's a little mp3 as an exemple (STE-007).

-Second question concerns the alternate tuning: when using a sound having both oscillators tuned into unison, certain alt. tunings detunes heavily not only the note, which is normal, but the unison between the oscillators...? especially the alternate tunings No. 1,5,6 & 15... another mp.3 exemple (STE-008)

Is this normal, doctors?

Thank you

Well, it seems that this topic is not interesting. Anyhow, I managed to find a shop with another OB-6 and tried it. Same issues on that one, too, so I guess that it is normal for OB6 to act in this way.
It is a bit annoying, especially the detune problem...
Anyone? Share some thoughts on this problem?

dslsynth

Try and send a message directly to DSI support. Their response may be more informative than forum silence. ;)
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

Try and send a message directly to DSI support. Their response may be more informative than forum silence. ;)

Guess you're right, thanx!

Hi there,
I've noticed a similar thing on the P6. Remembering what my Prophet-5 was like, when you changed patches, it would change the patch parameters and if there was any release time left, it would play the new sound and you would hear the release applied to the new sound. That would sometimes create a really cool effect.

I kind of expected similar on the Prophet-6 and that is what I got. HOWEVER, there is sometimes an annoying kind of digital "click" when I change patches, not always. Maybe it's not a digital click, we analog fans just so love to hate on digital! Anyway, it's a click, short and not so sweet

I wonder if it comes from the digital effects, so I tried turning the effects off, saving the patches with effects turned off and then changing patches back and forth. The results are a bit inconclusive because I'm too disorganized to remember what I am doing. I originally heard the clicks through earphones when I was comparing a group of a few similar patches that were different versions of a sound I had created/edited.

Try turning the effects off on a few patches and switch between them and see if the transition is smoother. You will still likely get some of the residual sound even if you play no more notes, if there is a long release time and the previous notes haven't already stopped - and that would would be like the original P-5. Personally I quite liked that.

Prophet-6 nut. Formerly, just a Prophet-5 nut.

Hi there
I hve the same problem and I think this is a no go..especially for live situations. i will cpntact the cumstomer support....this is not tolerable for a synth theses days.

Is this normal, doctors?

Thank you
[/quote]