MPE MIDI and Prophet 12

MPE MIDI and Prophet 12
« on: February 23, 2017, 02:51:21 PM »
 :)Hi - I have a ROli Seaboard 48 and a Linnstrument. How can I setup my prophet 12 for MPE MIDI? Any success?

Re: MPE MIDI and Prophet 12
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 12:57:26 PM »
:)Hi - I have a ROli Seaboard 48 and a Linnstrument. How can I setup my prophet 12 for MPE MIDI? Any success?

There is no MPE support sadly.

Dave did mention they could implement it in an interview a year or two ago I think but that at the time there wasn't enough demand :-( . I'm paraphrasing from memory so might be slightly inaccurate.

It's a great synth in many other ways, but such a waste not to make this possible.

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 07:54:00 PM »
One more user who would love to see MPE support on the P12.

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2019, 12:06:21 PM »

I'm been using the Linn 128 controller on the P12.  You just need to watch your mod settings (levels) as the Linn will automatically send aftertouch which may be too strong- compared to what might be otherwise have been fine for the actual keybed.  I wrote down notes for each instrument I use with the Linn.  Those notes include bend range and parameters settings on the Linn that bet coordinate with the instrument.  This saves a lot of reinventing the wheel each time you hook it up to a different instrument. 

Unlikely at this point, but I too would like to see the full MPE added to P12,  thought even in limited form I find the MPE controller (such as the Linn) works fine for AT and bending between notes. 
Sequential/DSI Equipment: Poly Evolver Keyboard, Evolver desktop,   Pro-2, Pro-3, OB6, P-12,

https://Soundcloud.com/wavescape-1