Additional Feature Request List

Re: Additional Feature Request List
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2016, 12:47:17 AM »
I would really love to see the ability to speed/frequency of synced LFOs as a mod destination.
If you have the LFO frequency as the destination it only works if the LFO is not synced. As soon as the speed of the LFO is synced to the clock and you can enter 1/8  1/4 .... there is no way to controll the LFO anymore.

-> Synced LFO Speed as mod destination

This was one of the first things i wanted to do when i bought the PRO-2 as i did it with software synth alot. You can come up with very cool rythmic patterns.
DSI PRO2 | DSI Prophet Rev2 | Volca Bass | Volca FM | Teisco SX 400 | Alesis Quadrasynth | Roland D-50 | Ableton Live | Ableton Push | Novation Remote 49 SL MKII | Motu UltraLite AVB |Motu Micro Lite

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2016, 01:00:41 PM »
Even if the sequencer is very flexible and exciting, I would like to some extensions
- ratchet parameter to repeat a step up to 8 times within the same step length or
- have a track delay parameter to have this effect on different tracks
- more track modes like random; 1-2-3 - 2-3-4 - 3-4-5..; 1-2-1-2 - 2-3-2-3 - 3-4-3-4...; or even programmable patterns
- clock divider for each track (e.g. track 2 runs at half speed of track 1)

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »
... and a highly appreciated wish would be to rotate a track step wise...
Sometimes after creating a sequence, you wish to have the "1" of the sequence instead of step 1 at step 5. To make step 5 become step you rotate the track 4 times one step. That is what I wish

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2016, 03:58:06 PM »
Total co-sign on that Feature Request List  :D

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2016, 12:36:18 AM »
To continue on the sequencer requests (sorry if this has already been asked earlier): while having the sequencer running (but also when stopped), ability to set the 1st step and the last step of the sequence in a direct and easy way (as on new Roland System 8 ).
Maybe build an extra screen for the sequencer and assign Soft key 1 (1-16) and Soft key 2 (17-32) for Start (in combination with one of the Step 1-16 buttons) and Soft key 3 (1-16) and Soft key 4 (17-32) for End (also in combination with one of the Step 1-16 buttons). Soft key 2 and 4 being disabled if the sequence is only 16 steps long.

This easy feature can provide a lot of variety in the play with only one sequence!
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2016, 12:55:55 PM »
I believe I saw this somewhere on the old board, but not on here. Excuse me if someone else has already mentioned this.

More LOCAL On/Off Options:
Right now, setting LOCAL to OFF, removes the keyboard from the internal synth, as well as removing all other controls to the internal synth. I can see where this would be helpful if using the Pro 2 as a controller with all the knobs mapped to an additional synth, but I'm not sure how many people are using it in this way. I have been using the Pro 2 live for almost two years now, but have never been able to use it as my lone keyboard, and this is due to the behavior of the LOCAL OFF.

Additional options for LOCAL settings:
1. As it currently behaves (all controls/keyboard only send MIDI information)
2. Keyboard only sends MIDI, all other controls only affect local settings
...These two seem most useful, but another other option or two would be helpful
3. Keyboard only sends MIDI, and modifiers like pitch bend, mod wheel and aftertouch also send MIDI, all other controls only affect local.

Some older synths have these options, and more.

Finally, if there were a shortcut to turn Local on/off, that would be a major help. Something like pressing a combination of buttons (like GLIDE and OCTAVE UP for example). If there were multiple LOCAL OFF options, pressing this combination of buttons would set the LOCAL option to whatever the user has it set in GLOBAL. If that were not possible, making LOCAL the first option under Global settings would also be preferable to its current location.

<EDIT TO ADD:>
GLOBAL is the only menu item that does not switch to another menu when another button is pressed, or a knob is turned. It would be helpful if it behaved like the rest of the hardware.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:05:46 PM by ihearanewworld »

« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2016, 10:13:13 PM »
Top of my list for new features would be the ability to have different clock dividers for each sequencer track. Another useful feature would be the ability to trigger envelopes individually from the sequencer. That would certainly make Env 4 and Env 5 a lot more useful in a lot of cases.

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2016, 05:45:58 PM »
The only change I want out of the Pro 2 now is the ability for unison/paraphony performance splits.  As in, I hit one key and get all 4 oscillators in unison, I hit a second key and I split the two oscillators between each key, and so on until 4 keys have been hit.

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 02:39:38 AM »
So after a couple weeks with the PRO 2, I love it, but here are some features i'd like to see on it as well :

LFO's and OSC :
- more (and more exotic) LFO waves
- OSC waveform as a modulation destination
- linear FM for the OSC's

SEQUENCER :
- different time signature per sequencer track
- other modes for the sequencer (random, reverse, pendulum,…) - ideally per track also

ENVELOPE :
- the ability to have free running / cycling auxiliary envelopes (not (re-)triggered by the keys or the sequencer)
- the ability to sync free running envelopes to the main tempo like the LFO's

MODULATION :
- main clock as a modulation destination
- the five env sustain as a modulation target
- env delay as a modulation target
- clock as an output (without being forced to use a synced LFO to do that)
- sequencer start / stop as an modulation target
- sequencer mode as a modulation target (if more modes)
- track seq clock divide as a modulation target (if different time signature per track)

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2016, 08:43:11 AM »
Is this new os is ever going to happen its 2 years if i remember right? from the last one?
Please answer.

« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2016, 02:30:04 PM »
Yep. We're working on it. We've already made a number of bug fixes, though the latest OS is still in the alpha stage so we can't post anything quite yet. We're still finishing up the Tempest OS so we probably won't be able to start on a beta Pro 2 OS until after that. We're hoping to wrap that up in the next few weeks here.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 11:38:37 AM »
Great news ! Can you reveal if there will be any new feature or is it bug correction only ?

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2016, 06:32:08 AM »
Wow super!!! Thank you for so fast answer :) i understand you got alot of work whith tempest becolse of this user list thing. Its good to hear you didnt forgot about us.

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2016, 04:05:58 PM »
Some new features are likely, but we don't know which ones or how many at this point. We'll know more as it gets closer.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »
Oscillators should be able to modulate others OSC (AM / FM) without being present in the mix themselves (level @0) IMHO

It's really strange / limiting you cannot have a sound with only 1 FM'ed OSC
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 11:28:49 AM by phisynth »

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2016, 01:31:58 PM »
Of course you can!

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »
Of course you can!

how ? here modulation is inactive when the modulating OSC is silent - perhaps working when using the modulation matrix ?

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2016, 11:35:16 PM »
Init to a basic patch.

Select Osc 1->OSC Mods

And change FM Amt or AM Amt.

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2016, 10:21:50 AM »
Init to a basic patch.

Select Osc 1->OSC Mods

And change FM Amt or AM Amt.

edit : thanks for the reply, my own stupidity in fact : waveform was off for OSC 3 & 4, contrary to what I thought initially
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 11:35:43 AM by phisynth »

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2016, 10:24:17 PM »
No problem, glad you got it working :)