Additional Feature Request List

Re: Additional Feature Request List
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2017, 02:57:58 AM »
Hi there, my first post having got my Pro2 yesterday - some brilliant suggestions here.
I'd like to add a short list for consideration along with the rest:
* would love to see the name of the patch I'm about to overwrite
* the arpeggiator is key-synced - I'd love it if this was merely an option and you could also choose the classic beat-synced method where timing can't be screwed by (my) sloppy playing.
* fab sequencer - how cool would it be if you didn't have to sequence notes at all but could use it for parameter sequencing?
* would be groovy if you could turn off reception of program changes. I turned off transmission thinking it might handle reception too but no. On a related topic, how do I specify the MIDI channel of the second MIDI output (having reassigned Thru to Out - nice feature!)? If not possible, could it be? ;)
* finally, instead of 4 delays of 1 second, it'd be lovely if the time could be allocated dynamically - 4 secs divided any way you want.

Thanks for listening, now back to the joy of experimentation!

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:11:39 AM by BongMystic »

« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2017, 09:34:05 AM »
Linear FM would be amazing. +1

particlesintowaves

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2017, 03:32:57 PM »
* would love to see the name of the patch I'm about to overwrite
* fab sequencer - how cool would it be if you didn't have to sequence notes at all but could use it for parameter sequencing?

You can use compare in the save menu to not only see the patch, but demo it, and cycle through all user programs.

As far as your sequencing question goes, you could make a single note 16 steps long by tying steps 1 to 16 together, then using the keyboard as the sequence input. This will give you 16 steps of modulation that activate with each new key press, but it will only play one long held note. You will have to adjust your envelopes accordingly, and sequencer track slew will be really handy in this situation (for your modulation tracks). I think that will accomplish what you're trying to do

particlesintowaves

« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2017, 03:36:10 PM »
I'm new so I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'd really like the ability to change the gate length of notes in the sequencer and arp. Whether this is a global sequencer amount, or a per step feature, it would be very handy. Right now it sounds that the gate length is fixed at around 75%. If you run a sequence with your amp EG release zeroed, there's a small gap of silence between the notes.

« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2017, 04:30:02 PM »

« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2017, 05:48:06 PM »
Is it possible to include "tempo" as a modulation destination on the Pro-02?  I'd like to try modulating the sequencer or arp tempo with an LFO, etc.

« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »

Bumping this.  :)

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2017, 01:47:33 PM »
>Could you please add the alternative tunings/tuning table support like in the P6, P12, and OB6?   ;D
>There was already an according option showing up in the global menu in one of the past updates, but without the fully >implemented functionality yet, so I would assume that this is already on the safe side.

I love my Pro2 on many levels, but I have to say I was quite disappointed the tuning support was not added in the latest OS update.  Come on DSI, you have this in so many other instruments, you've got the code, put it in!   ;)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 01:49:14 PM by hybridanimal »

« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2017, 12:35:50 PM »
Linear FM would be my number one thing, followed by the knobs having more of an exponential response.

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2017, 06:37:25 PM »
Modulation inputs: Note #2, #3 and #4

I want to play a poly modular from the keyboard
It'll still be 1 trig which is fine.

Wave shape output would be nice, but it looks like it probably can't switch seamlessly.
With the new OS fixing a seq issue, this synth is very close to being able to do an odd thing perfectly:
Set bpm to the fastest sequence possible, set it to run once, on key.
Make the sequencer shape the attack of your sound. Like they do with the sid chips to make drums.
[square-tri-noiseeeeeeeefalloff]
Each sequencer step chooses a different waveform, and you get an old videogame drum.
You can't modulate waveshape, so instead you just switch oscs with different waveshapes on and off

Sadly, when the super fast sequence ends it cuts off your note. and you don't want it to repeat! Don't remember if a long release helped.

Thanks guys!

« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2017, 04:48:17 AM »
CV Input to Midi Out.
(or any internal modulation optionally also transmitted to Midi Out on its corresponding CC number but I guess this option would mean a massive amount of midi data sent to the computer...)
e.g: if in the mod matrix, the CV Input 1 has for destination the F1 freq, the corresponding CC parameter (95) would be transmitted via USB or Midi cable.

Just the CV to midi would be really useful, there are many Midi to CV solutions in the modular world but not so many CV to Midi.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:19:10 AM by OttoRepeat »

« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2017, 03:51:15 PM »

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasssssseeeee DSI ! 8)

« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2017, 10:52:49 AM »
My additional feature requests in order of importance would be the ability to import wavetables (or having more waveforms added ) , Linear FM , a shortcut to change Octaves for example if I wanted an oscillator to be at C3 or C4 pressing Up/Down and Pitch at the same time would change octaves making it less tidious than scrolling through the entire thing and numbers at the bottom of the sequencer to make the entire thing even faster. Another cool feature would be to have the other sequencer tracks greyed out behind the current sequencer track so we can compare things

« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2017, 03:38:10 PM »
My additional feature requests in order of importance would be the ability to import wavetables (or having more waveforms added ) , Linear FM , a shortcut to change Octaves for example if I wanted an oscillator to be at C3 or C4 pressing Up/Down and Pitch at the same time would change octaves making it less tidious than scrolling through the entire thing and numbers at the bottom of the sequencer to make the entire thing even faster. Another cool feature would be to have the other sequencer tracks greyed out behind the current sequencer track so we can compare things

All darn good suggestions - but I'm not sure any further updates can be expected.
I'd dearly love to see the MIDI clock bug fixed at the very least. It's a drag having to disconnect incoming clock when programming patches (if you don't, the filter 2 env depth menu randomly pops up, which plays havoc when tweaking the mod matrix etc.).

« Reply #94 on: November 04, 2017, 10:49:19 PM »
Not exactly a feature request, but .... a Desktop Module would be amazing. Would totally get one as an accompaniment to the full keyboard and as an away-mission craft. No way I'd gig with the full board, but a module would get tons of use as a travell rig - bonus would be a streamlined patch-dump method, where the main board could act as the sound-design station and the module would act as the "expander" - Bring the 8-voice duo-phonic madness!

blewis

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2017, 05:42:58 AM »
They don’t appear to be interested in a Pro-2 desktop. People have asked since the beginning.

And for all the talk of “the Pro-2 is the new Evolver”, the lack of a desktop, a poly version, and poly chain begs to differ.

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2017, 06:43:17 AM »
A desktop module would have happened in between the release of the keyboard version and the Prophet-6. That would have been the pattern according to the typical release policy. I don't think DSI will revisit the Pro 2 in the shape and form of a module roughly three and a half years after its announcement.

A desktop module also would have had to be larger than the Prophet 12 module. Even if the latter was used as a blueprint, you'd still have to squeeze in the whole sequencer section because without it, a Pro 2 would lose its appeal. So maybe DSI just didn't find a good solution for a desktop module that would maintain the tactile advantages of the keyboard version's control panel.

dslsynth

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2017, 08:53:26 AM »
Personally, I would be thrilled if DSI finally produced a Pro 2 Module, but I'm not expecting it to happen.

Personally I think the Pro 2 voice architecture is very good but it could use a few updates. Also, maybe a Pro 2 module would be too expensive? So I would rather like to see a new voice be build with using the features developed for Pro 2 but with different oscillators. That would be quite a voice and it could possibly be more cost efficient (price/voice count ratio) than a Pro 2 module build using the same voice card as in Pro 2.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

dslsynth

« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2017, 09:08:44 AM »
So maybe DSI just didn't find a good solution for a desktop module that would maintain the tactile advantages of the keyboard version's control panel.

One factor could be the time between the release of Pro 2 (summer 2014) and the release of Prophet-6 (NAMM 2015). So maybe there wasn't time for making a Pro 2 module in their schedule?

Product release times are taken from wikipedia.
#!/bin/sh
cp -f $0 $HOME/.signature

« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2017, 09:27:55 AM »
One factor could be the time between the release of Pro 2 (summer 2014) and the release of Prophet-6 (NAMM 2015). So maybe there wasn't time for making a Pro 2 module in their schedule?

Yeah, that too. In Push Turn Move Dave states that the Prophet 12 module almost didn't happen because for a while the only way they could imagine doing it was to just chop off the keys which would have ended up much too large and too expensive. And then they had the idea that eventually led to the actual Prophet 12 module design, which provides knobs for the most regularly used parameters and organizes easy access to the menu via dedicated buttons for each section.

You couldn't have thrown out more controls for a Pro 2 module that also would need the complete sequencer section on top of that. Otherwise, things would have been rather cumbersome to program. So in conclusion, a Pro 2 module would have become more exepensive than a Prophet 12 module due to more parts alone.

Attached you'll find what you would have to squeeze in one box.