Additional Feature Request List

Pepe

Additional Feature Request List
« on: November 15, 2015, 06:52:29 PM »
Hi DSI, better easier methods to madness with this fine instrument :)

1. Ability to enter rests (ala prophet 6) in the sequencer with some button. Recording and then muting steps as an option is cool but counterproductive and unmusical for me now, the moment is everything.

2. "Categories" for sounds..pads, basses, sequences, etc especially if we are not getting a soft librarian.

3. Panning individual and all oscillators...the instrument feels closed with space, even when using DC offset to pan-lfo , it doesnt hard pan.

4. Ability to record para-phonically or a quick ability to have different osc playing different parts..now its super cumbersome/convoluted.

i think thats all from me for now , hope others add some cool ideas :)

Pepe

Re: Additional Feature Request List
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »
5. some sequencer note step randomizers or shifters would be most welcomed. roll the dice plz :)

6. real time recording

PaleSkinnySwede

• Synth nerd, composer, remixer
    • PaleSkinnySwede
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 05:25:13 AM »
Loving the Pro 2. But, some suggestions for improvement are as follows.

Regarding the sequencer:
  • Sequencer has 16*16 and 32*8 steps/track. I'd love to also see 64*4.
  • I second Pepe regarding sequencer randomisation. Would love to randomise controller data for a track.
  • Multi-select sequencer steps by pressing more than one step button at once.
  • Run the arpeggiator simultaneously with the sequencer.

Modulation:
  • Arp Repeats as a Modulation Destination.
  • Oscillator Waveform as a Modulation Destination.
  • Slots! More modulation slots. MOAR!!

Filter routing:
  • Individual control over which oscillator routes to which filter.

Delay settings:
  • "Send" parameter together with "Amount" and "Feedback" to be able to emphasis certain steps and notes in a sequence.

Oscillator feature:
  • Oscillator syncing with noise. This can produce some really nice timbres.

Updated Jan 3rd 2016 @ 11:55 CET.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 03:01:39 AM by PaleSkinnySwede »
--
David
soundcloud.com/pretorium [ambient/chillout/electronica]
soundcloud.com/mindxpander [space-synth/italo-disco]
soundcloud.com/ypsilon5 [goa-trance]

Pepe

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 07:16:49 AM »
---Linear FM ....prophet 12 , really unfair if we dont get it

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 09:52:35 AM »

The potential limiting factor for Linear FM in the Pro 2 would be processor power. We will very likely be looking into linear FM implementation on the Pro 2 in the near future, but we don't have a specific timeframe at this point.

Thanks for your enthusiasm for the Pro 2, everyone! 
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 09:53:10 PM »

The potential limiting factor for Linear FM in the Pro 2 would be processor power. We will very likely be looking into linear FM implementation on the Pro 2 in the near future, but we don't have a specific timeframe at this point.

Just out of curiosity: What does make the Pro 2's processor power a potential limiting factor when compared to the Prophet 12? The additional sequencer and/or Superwaves?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:55:36 PM by Paul Dither »

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 09:54:36 PM »

That would certainly be a killer feature!

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2016, 07:57:35 AM »
Hi,
  just got the Pro2 one week ago. Here are a few basic simple things that would greatly enhance the usage of this great synth:
- on switch ON, be directly on last used patch
- OSC leds showing which oscillator is used in a patch and acting as OSC ON/OFF toggle. Edit single OSC by holding a led button longer. Multi-edit by holding the needed OSC buttons longer.
- when moving a knob, display the panel value (this is OK) but also the loaded preset value for comparison purposes

Best wishes for 2016 to all of you!
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

PaleSkinnySwede

• PaleSkinnySwede
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2016, 02:58:25 PM »
Hi,
  just got the Pro2 one week ago. Here are a few basic simple things that would greatly enhance the usage of this great synth:
- OSC leds showing which oscillator is used in a patch and acting as OSC ON/OFF toggle. Edit single OSC by holding a led button longer. Multi-edit by holding the needed OSC buttons longer.

My Pro 2 behave just like that when you switch it on. Goes directly to the last program used. I'm on OS 1.1.0.
But the oscillator behaviour would be great to have. I fully support that. It would be logical since that's how the Sequencer works. The Oscillator buttons could be lit for on, but dimmed, and then blink a little extra when the voice is triggered - just like the LFO's tiny LEDs does :)

--
David
--
David

PaleSkinnySwede

• PaleSkinnySwede
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 03:01:33 PM »

That would certainly be a killer feature!

You would then be able to actually create a sort of wave-sequencing as found on the Korg Wavestation. Not really the same, I know, but could still be utterly cool.
--
David

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »
Hi,

Before you turn the P2 off press the global button twice then the next time you turn it on it will be on the last patch used.

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2016, 07:45:13 AM »
Hi,

Before you turn the P2 off press the global button twice then the next time you turn it on it will be on the last patch used.

Thx! I just did it and it works fine (is this documented somewhere in the manual?)
BUT you need to do this each time before switching off...  :( Therefore, would still be good to have a default behaviour  ;)
RT Accelerator | DSI Pro 2 | Moog Sub 37 | Waldorf Blofeld |  Korg Volca FM | Korg Radias x2 | Yamaha Motif ES8 | Source Audio Ventris | TC Electronics M350 | Behringer Xenix X1622USB

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2016, 11:13:17 AM »
DSI have said it is done this way to extend the life of the non-volatile memory in the P2.

So by default it is not updated.

It is a common issue that users initially have though so who knows if they may change it.

PaleSkinnySwede

• PaleSkinnySwede
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 02:31:46 PM »
Filter routing:
  • Select which oscillator to send to which filter.
    • For example;
    • Oscillator 1 -> Filter 1.
    • Oscillator 2, 3 and 4 -> Filter 2

Delay settings:
  • "Send" parameter together with "Amount" and "Feedback".

When sequencing the delay parameters, it would be great to have a "Send" parameter so I can emphasis certain notes or steps with a wet delay. I can't make it work with the Amount and Feedback since the step after would kill the delay.

I hope I don't sound like a whiner. I really love playing and programming the Pro 2. It might be the most inspiring synth I've bought in 10 years. My wife says our bed is too narrow for me to take the Pro 2 with me when sleeping ;)
--
David

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 11:52:13 PM »
Hi David,

I'm sure you know but just to check you can change the routing to 1+2->filter 1 and 3+4->Filter 2

PaleSkinnySwede

• PaleSkinnySwede
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2016, 02:51:28 AM »
Hi David,

I'm sure you know but just to check you can change the routing to 1+2->filter 1 and 3+4->Filter 2

I've tried it, but while working on a program yesterday it would have been a nice feature sending three of the oscillators to Filter 2 while only one oscillator ran through Filter 1. This is probably on the bottom of my feature request list though ;)
--
David

PaleSkinnySwede

• PaleSkinnySwede
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 03:01:50 AM »
I've updated this post with more suggestions.
--
David

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 10:55:02 PM »

Just out of curiosity: What does make the Pro 2's processor power a potential limiting factor when compared to the Prophet 12? The additional sequencer and/or Superwaves?

Hi Paul. There's a lot going on under the hood in the Pro 2. We won't know for sure until we're next able to look at things more closely.
SEQUENTIAL

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2016, 04:46:20 PM »
One thing I'd really like, that I haven't heard anyone mention, is the implementation of some sort of setting in paraphonic mode that limits the oscillators used to only 3 so the 4th one can be used as a modulation source. I think that this would be amazing, and doesn't sound like it would be too difficult to implement.

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
Potentially simple request that would be real nice: ability to mute sequencer tracks :)