Additional Feature Request List

Re: Additional Feature Request List
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2016, 05:33:32 PM »
Could you please add the alternative tunings/tuning table support like in the P6, P12, and OB6?   ;D

« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2016, 12:53:29 AM »
Could you please add the alternative tunings/tuning table support like in the P6, P12, and OB6?   ;D

There was already an according option showing up in the global menu in one of the past updates, but without the fully implemented functionality yet, so I would assume that this is already on the safe side.

nielsd

• dettenbach audio
    • dettenbach audio
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2016, 11:47:13 AM »
No shure how far this is easy or possible to implement within the current embedded subsystem:

- (very) small display of frequencies where they apply (instead of the 0-128) - i.e. OSC. LFO, Filter Center?
 - same for times in the Delay
 - same for numbers of values on sequencer steps
 - same for (+/-) percent (where makes sense and is enough space to show)

(i know that this makes just partly sense - especially where further modulation takes place - but could be very helpful to many of us)

These could be shown in even very small charsets - it would be very helpful when tweaking sounds.

These things are just to "dream":
 - "dynamic" Env and/or filter graphics (assume this is to hard for the CPU/MC, but "who knows"...ß) - showing the real current curve as modulated / "played"

- simple Oscillograph (yeah, i know this could be overkill for the device, but hey, would be cool.)

many thanks for your time and best regards,

Niels.
((d^b))
dettenbach audio
http://dettenbach.com
[Evolver+PolyEvolver Rack, Pro2, Tempest]
patches: http://dettenbach.syndicat.com

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2016, 02:22:11 PM »

There was already an according option showing up in the global menu in one of the past updates, but without the fully implemented functionality yet, so I would assume that this is already on the safe side.

Hadn't seen that, good to know, thanks Paul!

Zardonic

• Antihero
    • ZARDONIC.NET
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2016, 09:59:13 PM »
Are you guys planning a MIDI note send from the Sequencer the same way the Arpeggiator behaves?

I know you can do that by changing the destination of the sequencer track to MIDI, and there is also the Note to CV workaround in the MOD section, but it would be so much better if the sequencer could just send notes via MIDI by default, specially when we want to use the sequencer together with any DAW, plugins and hardware digital synthesizers that do not have CV inputs.

Thanks in advance! ;D

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2016, 09:37:57 PM »
The Pro-2 an excellent controller for the P-12M.  One suggestion as DSI updates the Pro-2 firmware, please align as many of the NRPN's as you can to the P-12M.  That way the Pro-2 will be able to control from the board more of the P-12M's functions.  I think the first 100 or so are already aligned.  It might be a PITA to do, but I would think it would add a selling point to have the Pro-2 and the P-12 module so integrated. 
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2016, 07:30:03 AM »
The Pro-2 an excellent controller for the P-12M.  One suggestion as DSI updates the Pro-2 firmware, please align as many of the NRPN's as you can to the P-12M.  That way the Pro-2 will be able to control from the board more of the P-12M's functions.  I think the first 100 or so are already aligned.  It might be a PITA to do, but I would think it would add a selling point to have the Pro-2 and the P-12 module so integrated.

Here here!
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2017, 04:37:37 AM »
Indicate whether the current patch is paraphonic.

I imagine a little "P" on the display where the current patch-name is shown.

This would help my friend who sometimes plays my Pro2 but keeps trying chords even on monophonic patches.

« Reply #68 on: February 01, 2017, 09:53:44 AM »
I'm so hot for the Pro2 right now. If it receives linear FM update I might blow up in flames  ;D

« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2017, 05:12:20 AM »
Another vote for linear FM.

Is there any new informatin when an update might be available and what is in it? I am sure DSI will inform, but to make educated choices on gear it would be nice to know whats in the pipeline, whenver it might come.

NLB

« Reply #70 on: February 07, 2017, 07:36:22 AM »
+1 for linear FM

I also support:
- Paraphonic sequencing (i.e. more than 1 note track for internal synth)
- Clock divider per track (how cool would that be!)
- Arpeggiator quantize
- Sequencer swing (per note/MIDI track would be awesome)
- Same rates for delay and LFOs
- The ability to enter rests in real time
- The ability to use arp and sequencer at the same time (arpeggiated sequences, or sequenced arpeggios)

Cheers :)

« Reply #71 on: February 07, 2017, 05:27:49 PM »
We're actively working on an OS update. We have a new alpha OS this week, but we are working on a few other things as well so it might be another couple weeks before we get a beta version stable enough for the forum.
SEQUENTIAL | OBERHEIM

« Reply #72 on: February 08, 2017, 10:23:48 AM »
As I see the Pro2 like a swiss army knife kind of synth, I believe the addition of a Poly Sequencer like on the OB-6 would be a super addition.

Also, I wonder if anybody else wishes to have an indication whether or not the current patch is paraphonic. I imagine a little "p" showing up on the display (there is plenty of space). Would make things easier when browsing I believe.

Looking forward to hear what's in the update :) keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 10:25:22 AM by AmokCop-Rob »

« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2017, 03:20:52 PM »
Many great feature requests.  I like them all!  Being able to quickly (one button) activate LOCAL ON/OFF would be great for live performance.   

I would also love to see the alternate tuning capabilities of the P12 incorporated in the Pro 2.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:22:39 PM by wbelote »

« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2017, 08:36:25 AM »
1. Ability to enter rests (ala prophet 6) in the sequencer with some button. Recording and then muting steps as an option is cool but counterproductive and unmusical for me now, the moment is everything.

2. "Categories" for sounds..pads, basses, sequences, etc especially if we are not getting a soft librarian.

would be great !!

« Reply #75 on: March 10, 2017, 11:42:37 PM »
Loving the Pro 2. But, some suggestions for improvement are as follows.

Modulation:
  • Oscillator Waveform as a Modulation Destination.
Filter routing:
  • Individual control over which oscillator routes to which filter.

Delay settings:
  • "Send" parameter together with "Amount" and "Feedback" to be able to emphasis certain steps and notes in a sequence.

Oscillator feature:
  • Oscillator syncing with noise. This can produce some really nice timbres.

Updated Jan 3rd 2016 @ 11:55 CET.

How Much of the above mentioned has Linear FM potential?

"Oscillator syncing with noise. This can produce some really nice timbres"
I believe I can do that with my Korg R3, I have some great ones using Oscillator syncing w/ Noise..

That's all the Q's for today
KorgR3;DSI OB-6;Yamaha Reface DX;&CP
VST's:FM8,Dexed,DaHornet,PlogueChipSounds,
Anticipated $$$:
Synth: OberheimTVP, Arturia MatrixBrute, KorgMS20m, Korg Arp Rev1/2FS,(DSI Pro2;Rev2;vs Atmultitron)
Akemie's Castle, Make Noise 0-coast, Odytron
OtherModularSuggestions??
+Line6Helix

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2017, 09:29:28 AM »
Great to hear that DSI is working on a new OS update.

I know this issue is mentioned in the Pro-2 Main OS 1.2.0.2 thread but I would really like to have the new OS update be able to be sequenced using an Elektron Octatrack with a MIDI cable. I am using the Pro-2 Main OS 1.1.0 because it can be sequenced using the Octatrack.

I hope this can be considered an additional feature request. :)

« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2017, 11:00:35 AM »

Also, I wonder if anybody else wishes to have an indication whether or not the current patch is paraphonic. I imagine a little "p" showing up on the display (there is plenty of space). Would make things easier when browsing I believe.

Looking forward to hear what's in the update :) keep up the good work!

Since you have the ability to name all your programs, perhaps you could add a lower case "p" to the end of the title to indicate that it's paraphonic.  Simplest way I would think.  Just a suggestion.
Sequential/Oberheim

« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2017, 12:36:53 PM »
Tempo sync'd envelopes with clock divisions / frequency control for the envelope speed.  Also the speed control availible as a modulation destination.

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2017, 03:23:03 PM »
Hi,

I'm actually a little surprised nobodys mentioned decoupling the sequencer memory from the synth patch memory. Ive owned this thing for over a year now & havent really taken the sequencer all too seriously because I cant sit here n let the same loop run through the entire song & it feels wasteful to use entire patches on just sequencing. If they were decoupled, you could have more usable sound banks if youre sacrificing em for sequencing AMD more usable sequences if you have sounds that arent sequenced internally.

I'm pretty sure Dave worked on the yamaha An1x which had a similar sequencer w the main diference being that you could have one transposable sequence like the Pro2 is now OR have the keys SELECT SEQUENCES! Even better; have the keyboard split w lower half selecting sequences & upper to transpose. I friggin loved that feature. This boosts use for lead/live playability to the next level IMO

I'm not a programmer but since its already running sequences, I feel like it wouldnt take up more processing power. Maybe a lil more memory. IDK

Just an idea.