Additional Feature Request List

Re: Additional Feature Request List
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2018, 02:13:52 AM »
I was looking into using the Pro 2 to control external gear via CV. As I read the manual, one needs to use 8 mod slots to configure 4 CV outputs to run at 0-5V (1 for each assignment per slot and then a DC offset per slot).

Given that many would often be hooking up to gear where each CV out is at the same voltage value, would it not make sense to have a parameter that sends a DC offset to all CV outputs (and maybe inputs too)? That would free up 3 mod slots.

That is to say, could you please add “all CV outputs”, “all CV inputs” and “all CV inputs/outputs” as modulation destinations. Or have a global menu option that handles CV I/O offset.

« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2018, 05:36:24 AM »
New sequencer destination: Note to CV# out

On the sequencer, the current "CV#" destination allows selection of a value from 0 to 127 be output as a scaled voltage 0-10v.  The idea/request is that in addition to that, there's a second destination source "Note to CV#". The UI is the same as the note selection on sequencer track 1, but instead of those notes being played through the Pro 2, the notes are sent as 1v/octave out the chosen CV port.  Bonus if the notes can be input via the Pro 2's keyboard.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect this is technically possible to achieve now by running the CV out through a quantizer module.  The current CV out track allows selection of a value 0 to 127. At 1v/octave, it means each octave has roughly 12.7 values which more or less line up to the 12 semitones per octave. Outputting a C4 probably means a quantizing a value of around 50 (12.7 * 4); outputting C5 would be quantizing 63 (12.7 * 5).  Having it be a part of the synth's UI removes not only the approximation and math to determining the output voltage, but also (potentially?) removes the need to have one or more quantizer modules to perform that.

« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
New here, but love the Pro 2 so far! And the Linear FM I see everyone asked for has been implemented and sounds great :-) So far, all I'd be looking for is more and updated wavetables

« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2018, 04:14:09 AM »
Yes new wavetables would be very welcome!

« Reply #124 on: December 19, 2018, 07:09:22 AM »
I'm not sure if it's feasible or even possible with the paraphonic engine of the Pro 2, but a keyboard split mode would be a desirable feature to me. For example, have oscillator one be assigned to the lower half of the keyboard as a bass patch and have osc 2-4 assigned to upper half for chords or a lead patch.

The idea came to me while watching a Korg Prologue 16 video that was demonstrating the keyboard split mode feature it has. I am aware the prologue is polyphonic with 16 voices, which is a very different beast than the Pro 2 in paraphonic mode that cycles through its 4 oscillators. The Pro 2 is my sole, workhorse synthesizer so this may be a rather unique request.

« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2018, 02:43:46 PM »
Now we have linear FM which is brilliant, please can we get additional waves with proper wavetable scanning? A few people have asked already and I know it would make a lot of people very happy!

« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
Not having the Pro in my house yet, I can’t check this:

Is there an option to mute and unmute individual modulation routings in the matrix? If not, this would be a great additional feature.

« Reply #127 on: December 30, 2018, 04:29:17 AM »
most important for me: i'm really missing the synced lfo speed of a 8th Dot = 3/4 of 1 beat. would need that quite often... 
additional unipolar triangle lfo would be nice too.
besides that, it's my first dsi synth and i love it! ;)

« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2018, 06:04:22 PM »
Now we have linear FM which is brilliant, please can we get additional waves with proper wavetable scanning? A few people have asked already and I know it would make a lot of people very happy!

OH YEEEES !!!!

« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2019, 08:35:52 PM »
In ARP I would like to be able to randomize the amount of repeats instead of just 0-3. 

« Reply #130 on: January 07, 2019, 05:51:47 AM »
I submitted the following feature requests via a ticket when dealing with a bug in having:

1. Would it be possible to add the ability to “mute/unmute” a modulation in the matrix using the (currently unassigned) soft button 4. Currently this has to be done by turning off the source, destination or setting the amount to zero; it’d be great if, after having set up a modulation and amount, one could simply switch them in and out as required.

2. Could the option for the sequencer to automatically page through the “steps 1-16” and “steps 17-32” buttons as it plays back so that there is always a light flashing on each of the 32 steps be added?

3. Could pressing both transpose buttons together be made to return transposition to 0?

4. Would it be possible to add the option to have the slider latch button statuses, slider positions (if latched in) and mod wheel position saved with the patch so that the positions are recalled upon loading? Same for the keyboard transpose buttons.

5. If only 1 filter is in use currently but eg mod wheel is assigned to “series-parallel” then have moving the mod wheel from zero switch on both filters (as moving the series-parallel knob currently does). Ideally, moving it back to zero would switch it off again. Same if assigned to aftertouch, sliders or velocity.

Alternatively, have the “filter enable” switches be modulation destinations. Would be cool if the “oscillator split” button was also one

« Reply #131 on: January 08, 2019, 03:21:57 AM »
i have to complete my list. only things i would really make use of. in order of importance for me.

- adding the synced lfo speed of a 8th Dot = 3/4 of 1 beat. PLEEASE!
- additional unipolar triangle lfo
- option to set a lower maximum volume for the volume knob, so i could record a program always at the exact same volume by having the volume knob turned fully clockwise.
(compensating with program volume is not an option, because soundquality suffers.) ((maybe i should glue it at a position somewhere in the middle for that purpose^^))

- show program names to be overwritten when saving a new program
- option to pitch oscillator in octave steps by turning the pitch wheel while holding an extra button maybe
- second local off option that still lets the onboard knobs control the engine
- seeing the value for filter serial/parallel knob
- possibility to set the shape of the envelope curve for each part of the ADSR-Envelopes (all the way from exponential to logarithmic, like Behringer's DEEPMIND)
- possibility to turn off program select knob for not accidently turning it and loosing an unsaved program
- set the phase of oscillator start when not in free running mode
- customizeable init program and shortcut for it

***and of course more wavetables are always welcome***
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 03:25:45 AM by Cédric »

« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2019, 05:37:25 AM »
Hi all,

i love the PRO2 as it is... But beeing able to upload my own (oncecycle) waveforms would be a super-killer-feature (like in the good old blue evolvers)... But i am not sure, if this is technically possible with the OSC inside the PRO2...

oh man .. uploading a Cwejman-Saw and running it to the Pro2s filters... dreaming :-)

drxcm

« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2019, 03:09:44 PM »
New wavetables would be incredible.

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2019, 06:57:03 AM »
Beat frequency detune (i.e. a consistent Hz amount of detune across the range).

« Reply #135 on: January 31, 2019, 08:02:34 AM »
Adding to a really long list but!

Panning of each individual oscillator - could create some wicked evolving stereo patches if we could modulate each osc pan

« Reply #136 on: January 31, 2019, 07:33:32 PM »
Adding to a really long list but!

Panning of each individual oscillator - could create some wicked evolving stereo patches if we could modulate each osc pan

Not sure this is possible, something about stereo limitations I seem to recall. Very happy to be corrected if not...

« Reply #137 on: February 05, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »
How about a duophonic mode, such that we have 2 oscillators on note 1 and two oscillators on note 2?
Prophet 12 module, Pro 2, Prophet 6, Digitone, Octatrack, Analog Rytm Mk2, LinnStrument

« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2019, 09:51:44 AM »
I am missing Envelope Delay as modulation destination.

« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2019, 07:12:01 AM »
How about a duophonic mode, such that we have 2 oscillators on note 1 and two oscillators on note 2?

Great shout. That would be totally awesome! Imagine the arp lines in duophonic mode...