Other REV2's

Sacred Synthesis

Other REV2's
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:41:44 PM »
I'm not presuming too much, but the unexpected appearance of a Prophet '08 revision makes me wonder if there couldn't be other revisions in the DSI line.  After all, the P'08 was the basis for a whole series of instruments.  Could there not possibly be eventual revisions of the Mopho keyboards?  I'd love to see the Mopho SE reappear as a one-voice version of the PR2.

Re: Other REV2's
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 03:43:47 AM »
I'm not presuming too much, but the unexpected appearance of a Prophet '08 revision makes me wonder if there couldn't be other revisions in the DSI line.  After all, the P'08 was the basis for a whole series of instruments.  Could there not possibly be eventual revisions of the Mopho keyboards?  I'd love to see the Mopho SE reappear as a one-voice version of the PR2.

Good point - would make for a very interesting Mopho 2....
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 02:58:22 PM »
Exactly.  Only, let's scrap the name and come up with something a little more dignified.  May every Mopho rest in peace.

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »
Exactly.  Only, let's scrap the name and come up with something a little more dignified.  May every Mopho rest in peace.

I'm sure that they could sell a few "Estimated Prophet" units to the jam-band crowd....
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 05:19:42 PM »
I believe the name "Prophet One" is still available.  That would even allow for a future "Prophet Four."

LoboLives

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 03:45:13 AM »
Evolver Rev 2. (Speaks for itself).

Pro-4 (A 4 voiced VCO based Pro 2 with less menu diving than the Pro 2. Sort of a combination between the Oberheim Two Voice Pro but with a Prophet 6 layout)

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 11:55:10 AM »

Pro-4 (A 4 voiced VCO based Pro 2 with less menu diving than the Pro 2. Sort of a combination between the Oberheim Two Voice Pro but with a Prophet 6 layout)

REVolver?    ;)

But I'm not sure a VCO Pro 4 would really work.  So much of it's design is to maximize what you can do with a mono, and digital oscillators.  Swapping those out with VCOs would likely introduce enough chaos into the system it might be much harder to program, or they'd have to dumb it down to the point that it's more an Amateur 4 than a Pro 4.    ;D

LoboLives

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2017, 03:01:00 AM »

REVolver?    ;)

But I'm not sure a VCO Pro 4 would really work.  So much of it's design is to maximize what you can do with a mono, and digital oscillators.  Swapping those out with VCOs would likely introduce enough chaos into the system it might be much harder to program, or they'd have to dumb it down to the point that it's more an Amateur 4 than a Pro 4.    ;D

Well the AS-1 has VCOs and it's fairly basic. Just 4 of those put into a single synth. It's simple but multiplying it by 4 would be neat.