Trouble Syncing the Prophet 08's LFOs/Clock in Logic Pro X

Trouble Syncing the Prophet 08's LFOs/Clock in Logic Pro X
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:12:45 PM »
I'm having a really hard time syncing the Prophet 08's LFOs/Clock in Logic Pro X. I have Logic Pro X sending midi time to it via midi as well MTC. I have no problem syncing it to my step sequencer via midi but as soon as Logic Pro X enters the midi chain it stops syncing, or will sync to random bpms, ex. Logic is at 128bpm prophet shows 122... Its very frustrating.

Re: Trouble Syncing the Prophet 08's LFOs/Clock in Logic Pro X
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 03:19:17 PM »
Just Saw this was a problem for someone else as well...

Re: Trouble Syncing the Prophet 08's LFOs/Clock in Logic Pro X
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 02:37:24 AM »
I had exactly this problem.

The suggestion that came up repeatedly was to disable midi thru in Logic but I couldn't find an effective way to implement this so the problems persisted.

This weekend however I managed to accidentally fix the problem and it seems it was as simple as the way in which I was sending midi to the Prophet.

Originally I was going macbook pro > thunderbolt > firewire > Saffire 56 > Prophet.

I was recabling my studio and just as an experiment I tried to send clock to the Prophet from my TR8 as that was sending a solid clock to several other machines... and it worked! Straight off the bat.

I've had to reshuffle things again and am sending it from another port now but it remains solid so it seems the issue was with the original port / cable / interface.

Possibly worth a try if you have other routing options available in your setup too..

Good luck!!