Synth parts supplier still operating for Yamaha CS15 parts.

Synth parts supplier still operating for Yamaha CS15 parts.
« on: February 16, 2017, 05:15:52 PM »
Hi all,

I could pose this question on a Yamaha forum somewhere but thought there would be a great wealth of knowledge within this DSI forum to answer my question!

Been scouring the internet to find a filter IC (IG00156) for my Yamaha CS15s VCF1 which only tracks in HPF mode but whilst searching I either go to sites that are long since disappeared or no-one replies! (Maybe they are out of business too??)

Anyway does anyone have a good and still active supplier of vintage parts and then I can get the VCF1 of my CS15 out of HPF mode. :-)

Thanks
Tim

Re: Synth parts supplier still operating for Yamaha CS15 parts.
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 07:07:05 PM »
Hi all,

I could pose this question on a Yamaha forum somewhere but thought there would be a great wealth of knowledge within this DSI forum to answer my question!

Been scouring the internet to find a filter IC (IG00156) for my Yamaha CS15s VCF1 which only tracks in HPF mode but whilst searching I either go to sites that are long since disappeared or no-one replies! (Maybe they are out of business too??)

Anyway does anyone have a good and still active supplier of vintage parts and then I can get the VCF1 of my CS15 out of HPF mode. :-)

Thanks

I wish you the best, as I suspect that this IC has been unobtainium for a long time....
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 04:17:13 AM »
Hi all,

Thanks

I wish you the best, as I suspect that this IC has been unobtainium for a long time....

Thanks David,

Yeh that's my fear!

Will keep looking though.

In the meantime VCF1 will give some HPF re-enforcement to the VCF2 section!

Cheers!

Tim

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:31:28 PM »
Definitely a drought for IG00156 chips at this time so have just purchased a Yamaha CS15D which has a very similar structure of the 2x VCO/VCF/VCA Yamaha chips that the CS15 does at a cost cheaper than the CS15 itself.
Will strip it for parts.

Regards

Tim
Tim

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 04:12:17 AM »
For those following.....
Doug from "synthparts.com" got in contact via my email and now I have a 1x Yamaha IG00156 VCF on the way !
Will leave the CS15D that I purchased for parts in the case until its parts are required!

Tim