If 1 FX request, what would it be?

dsetto

If 1 FX request, what would it be?
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:41:34 PM »
If you would make just one digital FX request, what would it be?

I figure this is a relatively feasible arena to update.

Is a digital HPF a dumb idea? I wouldn't rely on it for my primary sound, but I could see myself using it for the second layer.

LoboLives

Re: If 1 FX request, what would it be?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 07:25:48 AM »
It really is hard to choose one, for me it's either a nice stereo panning effect would be nice (especially combined with delays and arpeggios) or an Eventide harmonizer (although that may be a tad awkward to program).

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 05:29:47 AM »
I would request that in single layer mode, you can run two effects. Maybe you can already? If dual/split mode has two different effects, would it be possible for single layer mode to have access to two FX at once?

Sacred Synthesis

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 06:24:37 AM »
I would second that.  I would always want an amount of reverb on a patch, and frequently I would also want delay.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:49:33 AM by Sacred Synthesis »

dsetto

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 10:09:42 AM »
That sounds good, too. DSP is theoretically available. It would be a UI/organizational matter. With its modulations, that dual effects on a single layer can get interesting.  ...

By the way, we can discuss many possibilities, aiming to culminate in one's one request. ... I'm thinking of possibilities, but for my one, Digital HPF remains on top.

... Actually, vying for my spot 1 is: warm/vintage sounding digital Bit Crusher/Sample Rate reducer. This would be amazing. In my opinion. In fact, I'll bump it up to my #1 spot.

dsetto

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »
DSI- I'm not complaining, and I know I will be fully satisfied with what's already there. ... Just watching the pot, passing the time, here.

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 10:46:45 AM »
If you would make just one digital FX request, what would it be?

I figure this is a relatively feasible arena to update.

Is a digital HPF a dumb idea? I wouldn't rely on it for my primary sound, but I could see myself using it for the second layer.

Reverb (there's a reason "comfort reverb" is a thing :) ), delay, ring mod, chorus, flanger, overdrive.

Is an HPF an effect?

dsetto

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:48:19 PM »
Digital HPF is a digital filter. And I figure programming of the existing DSP can bring it about as it can bring about the existing digital effects.

LoboLives

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 03:22:15 AM »
A reverse effect would be cool.

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 05:54:40 AM »
I've seen on another forum someone has a rev2 and that hpf is an effect and that layer A can have 2 effects or layer A & B can have 1 effect.

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 08:04:04 AM »
I've seen on another forum someone has a rev2 and that hpf is an effect and that layer A can have 2 effects or layer A & B can have 1 effect.

bobule @ twoquietsuns.co.uk, I suspect.
Sequential / DSI stuff: Prophet-6 Keyboard with Yorick Tech LFE, Prophet 12 Keyboard, Mono Evolver Keyboard, Split-Eight, Six-Trak, Prophet 2000

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 09:13:38 AM »

bobule @ twoquietsuns.co.uk, I suspect.

Yes

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 10:18:59 AM »
So pleased if they have gone with 2 effects possible on a single layer A patch. That makes the decision to go initially with an 8-voice Rev 2 that little bit easier.

I assume using a HPF effect like that will be similar to using the HPF on a Juno, with it cleaning up any unwanted bass muddiness. Although I don't currently find the P'08 difficult to fit in a mix, this should make it even more straightforward.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 11:30:35 AM »
So pleased if they have gone with 2 effects possible on a single layer A patch. That makes the decision to go initially with an 8-voice Rev 2 that little bit easier.

I assume using a HPF effect like that will be similar to using the HPF on a Juno, with it cleaning up any unwanted bass muddiness. Although I don't currently find the P'08 difficult to fit in a mix, this should make it even more straightforward.

Yes, this is turning into one fine synth. :-)

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »

Correction. Its one fx per layer.

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 04:44:47 AM »
Hi, yes RESONANT Hi Pass! The fx on this synth are really nice, more options than the OB-6. Very usable. I particularly like the Reverb with tone control..

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 06:55:17 AM »

So, if just using a single 16 voice layer, there is only one effect available? You would think the other unused effects block would now be free to be utilised on the single layer too.
Anyone with hands on experience of the synth who can confirm if a single layer has one or two effects blocks available?
Cheers.

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 08:19:01 AM »

So, if just using a single 16 voice layer, there is only one effect available? You would think the other unused effects block would now be free to be utilised on the single layer too.
Anyone with hands on experience of the synth who can confirm if a single layer has one or two effects blocks available?
Cheers.

I am curious about this also but I have a feeling that it is 1 FX per 8 voices. so if you are using all 16 then the 2 FX blocks would be used up for 1 FX (1 per 8 voices).

I HOPE that it is 2 FX if you are using all 16 voices. that makes the upgrade to 16 voices more worth it. I doubt this though.

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 08:39:03 AM »

I am curious about this also but I have a feeling that it is 1 FX per 8 voices. so if you are using all 16 then the 2 FX blocks would be used up for 1 FX (1 per 8 voices).

I HOPE that it is 2 FX if you are using all 16 voices. that makes the upgrade to 16 voices more worth it. I doubt this though.

Yes, it would be a shame if two are not available although I have no idea about the internal architecture and what is possible or not.

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 08:39:51 AM »
It is 1 fx per layer.  All fx types available for both layers. HP and Distortion, reverb, ring mod a selection of phase and flangers, chorus, mono delay, stereo delay and bbd delay.

Reverb is one type but with time and tone controls, very nice.