Issue with sound cutting off - running Prophet through DAW

Issue with sound cutting off - running Prophet through DAW
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Hi, I'm running a Prophet 12 through my DAW (SONAR) and have an issue where the Prophet will suddenly go silent when I adjust any of the knobs (cutoff, delay time etc.).

The Prophet has local set to off, and it is connected to the DAW via midi in and out, audio is going to my audio interface.

It will work fine for a few minutes and then suddenly as I make another adjustment to any of the knobs there is no audio output from the Prophet. I can see that midi is working because the A/B led's are all still going on and off on the Prophet and I can see midi activity in SONAR when I press the keys or adjust the knobs.

Changing patch does not bring the sound back, I have to either hit 'midi reset' in SONAR or turn the Prophet off/on again.

I'm going to make sure this doesn't happen when the Prophet isn't connected to the DAW to try and narrow it down.

Has anyone else had this issue with the Prophet 12?

Re: Issue with sound cutting off - running Prophet through DAW
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 02:24:22 PM »
I use my P-12 through Sonar also.  One thing I have noticed is that the MIDI communication stops if the MIDI track I am using is not highlighted in the DAW.   I could be that your adjustments change the highlighted track randomly.

Also, I only have a MIDI IN to the P-12.  I do not try to send anything through the MIDI OUT of the P-12. 
Jim Thorburn .  Toys-  Dave Smith: Prophet 5, Rev 4; Prophet 08; Pro 2; Prophet 12 module; EastWest Orchestral soft synths; Yamaha S-90; Yamaha Montage 8, Yamaha DX-7; KARP Odyssey; Ensoniq ESQ-1.  All run through a Cubase DAW with a Tascam DM-24 board.

Re: Issue with sound cutting off - running Prophet through DAW
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 12:32:44 AM »
I use my P-12 through Sonar also.  One thing I have noticed is that the MIDI communication stops if the MIDI track I am using is not highlighted in the DAW.   I could be that your adjustments change the highlighted track randomly.

Also, I only have a MIDI IN to the P-12.  I do not try to send anything through the MIDI OUT of the P-12.

Thanks, track selection was OK but I've sorted it by using USB midi instead of midi midi :)